Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

"Gammon are out there telling people to 'speak english' ergo you have to execute it perfectly yourself" is among the worst rationalizations for grammar noncery I've ever seen. Have a word man. Take the L.

Hes talkin bout them englishes, us forrins / imigants can say how we like

It's just ... such a stupid hill to die on. Pedantic stick-in-the-muddery of the highest order. No one ever sees that shit and thinks "wow nitpicking spelling is a good and useful contribution to a conversation " they just start fantasizing about stealing their lunch money.

No-ones on any hill.

If you can’t differentiate when to use there, their and they’re or to, too and two then you shouldn’t be fucking typing.

If you seriously can’t then ‘do your own research’ and fucking google it. Jesus Christ people defending this shit man.

That's how I feel.  It's annoying and also shows ignorance.

"Gammon are out there telling people to 'speak english' ergo you have to execute it perfectly yourself" is among the worst rationalizations for grammar noncery I've ever seen. Have a word man. Take the L.

It's just ... such a stupid hill to die on. Pedantic stick-in-the-muddery of the highest order. No one ever sees that shit and thinks "wow nitpicking spelling is a good and useful contribution to a conversation " they just start fantasizing about stealing their lunch money.

No-ones on any hill.

If you can’t differentiate when to use there, their and they’re or to, too and two then you shouldn’t be fucking typing.

If you seriously can’t then ‘do your own research’ and fucking google it. Jesus Christ people defending this shit man.

That's how I feel.  It's annoying and also shows ignorance.

Bollocks :lol:

Crikey [emoji38]

I agree with Stan's original assessment; if the meaning is clear then what's the problem? It's just not the case that if you're not writing in correct and formal English then your point is invalidated.

Some people just make mistakes; some people are just lazy; some people genuinely can't do it. If you're getting irritated when people, for whatever reason, don't come up to your own personal level of what constitutes good English, even if their point is perfectly well made and clear, then it's you that has the real issue :aww:

Anyway, about that 2021 deadline

Probably two phases to legal action.

Phase 1: get deal pushed through with threat of legal action.

Phase 2: Ashley legal action.

Clearly phase 2 is going to be more powerful if Ashley can point out that he’s lost his buyers and been left with an asset he can’t sell at market value

Buyers now want this signed off before the start of next year or will knock it on the head, before 2021 is their deadline.

Not sure if this is PIF, Reubens, Staveley or all 3. 

Good news - The legal team are very, very positive. 

The not so good news - This is still a long, long way off.

Doesn't really add up does it!

Oh I’ve got sausage fingers and make mistakes but it’s pretty obvious when someone has made a typo.

Like I said, it’s not difficult to learn three different words and when they’re used.

I always struggled with the to thing until I thought ‘why don’t I look that up’.

Two right, their all a bunch of dickheads.

A apostrophe in dickhead's would of made that perfect

An apostrophe would have been good.

Buyers now want this signed off before the start of next year or will knock it on the head, before 2021 is their deadline.

Good spot

It doesn’t but this is the information I’ve been told. If you don’t wish to read it/believe what I’ve been told then pop me on ignore  O0

It doesn’t but this is the information I’ve been told. If you don’t wish to read it/believe what I’ve been told then pop me on ignore  O0

I don't mind reading it and I'm not saying I do or don't believe you, I'm just saying those 2 bits of information don't add up. If the legal team are confident but know it's going to take a long long time but the buyers want it done in the next couple of month, surely the legal side would say, that's not going to happen and then everyone could just call the whole thing off?

I don't mind reading it and I'm not saying I do or don't believe you, I'm just saying those 2 bits of information don't add up. If the legal team are confident but know it's going to take a long long time but the buyers want it done in the next couple of month, surely the legal side would say, that's not going to happen and then everyone could just call the whole thing off?

You've dropped your arse there. Big time.

You've dropped your arse there. Big time.

:lol:

None of the information coming from the supposed buyers has made sense for months now so it fits perfectly tbh  :lol:

Odin, is that you? :lol:

No-ones on any hill.

No one’s

Crikey [emoji38]

I agree with Stan's original assessment; if the meaning is clear then what's the problem? It's just not the case that if you're not writing in correct and formal English then your point is invalidated.

Some people just make mistakes; some people are just lazy; some people genuinely can't do it. If you're getting irritated when people, for whatever reason, don't come up to your own personal level of what constitutes good English, even if their point is perfectly well made and clear, then it's you that has the real issue :aww:

Anyway, about that 2021 deadline

Exactly.

I know the difference between there, their, and they're. But sometimes I'm not spelling every word that comes into my head so I'll maybe type there [when referring to their pedantry, or if they're simply being a pain in the arse] and it doesn't bother me. Actually that's not true, it must bother me because I often correct it, if I notice as I'm typing, but I'm not going back three words to satisfy their perverted cravings.

However. "Would of could of should of" can get tae fuck.

No-ones on any hill.

No one’s

:lol:

According to that we'd lose our say in PL affairs, they can block takeovers they don't approve of, and all of a sudden the magic number is 6. That top 9 'long-term shareholder status' is disgusting and football would be dead to me if that happened. What happened to fairness?