Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

We just don’t have the other players to put around him and make him look good. Midfield 3 with a couple of hard workers he’d be free to float around hitting passes.

A few games last season he looked good. Again, that's only a few, the bloke's not consistent enough and never has been.

His 'tackle' has been mentioned on every BBc sport report (5) today. Boils my piss, if this were Felani on Rondon- would not have been mentioned at all in any media- prem has become a big arse licking parade of the top six and the sooner it eats itself the better.

Would he be better off as a number 10?

We don't have a 10 as it stands. Perez is our only candidate, and he shouldn't be anywhere near any PL team.

BTW, I think Shelvey should be moved on ASAP. He's a luxury player who isn't producing the goods - and we certainly haven't got the capacity in our midfield to carry luxury players.

We just don’t have the other players to put around him and make him look good. Midfield 3 with a couple of hard workers he’d be free to float around hitting passes.

i maintain having seen Ki over a few games now that he's far better for the team as whole though shelvey is capable of moments of sheer brilliance

there were times the other night he got the ball in our half and hit a snap 40 yard long pass looking for rondon up against 3 defenders...maybe if we had peak drogba or shearer it'd be worth it but it's just not, Ki moves the ball up and the team go with him

we're gonna miss him a lot

i maintain having seen Ki over a few games now that he's far better for the team as whole though shelvey is capable of moments of sheer brilliance

there were times the other night he got the ball in our half and hit a snap 40 yard long pass looking for rondon up against 3 defenders...maybe if we had peak drogba or shearer it'd be worth it but it's just not, Ki moves the ball up and the team go with him

we're gonna miss him a lot

I agree if we had a Shearer, Crouch or Carroll then Shelvey would be useful.  As it stands, we need our midfield to do the yards, which he just doesn't do.

When Shelveys on his game we're a better side. He and Diame outplayed several central midfield pairings last season and were a big part in us doing well. His ball to Perez was an example of what he can bring.

The laziness in getting back seems to have creeped in again however, which he seemed to have worked on a lot last season aswell as his fitness. He's had injuries and missed quite a few games, which likely leads to things like the Pogba tackle due to wanting to get on the ball more. He's always lacked control to a point.

If we can get the Diame & Shelvey from last season, with KI also we should be able to win games. But you could say similar of Kenedy & Ritchie.

The main thing missing to me is the boost of confidence/feeling of progression we got from actually making some signings last season and bringing new faces in. Rafa can't replicate that feeling of excitement in the fans and players in the same way. As Ritchie said in his interview, most of it is probably about belief.

Annoyed me today, what's the point in dropping between the two CB's to hit 60 yards passes, when those two CB's can hit them with the same ability, near as, just pointless in the extreme.

aye, just no energy or movement from him otherwise.

without Ki, shelvey in undroppable.