Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

If you want Ashley gone you should be happy for this appointment. In other words, you are more or less satisfied with Ashley’s reign if you are unhappy for hiring this rubbish. A decent manager will keep us up and prolong the torture

just think of the comedy value this season if he's appointed. Super Colback as the caption and mainstay.. Jake Livemore bought to play alongside Colback...oh the fun..

will make a change from apathy towards the club. tipping toward antipathy

Genuinely (un)believable.

Swiftly turned down by potentially decent names in Arteta and Vieira - so they've gone with the tried and tested method of Pardew, Carver and McLaren - they all ended well didn't they.

Back to Plan A now Rafa's left m8 :lol:

Genuinely (un)believable.

Swiftly turned down by potentially decent names in Arteta and Vieira - so they've gone with the tried and tested method of Pardew, Carver and McLaren - they all ended well didn't they.

Back to Plan A now Rafa's left m8 :lol:

An English yes man who has failed upwards and will be forever grateful for an opportunity that should never have been given to them.

Guest chopey

Disappointed really, would have much preferred Pardew so I could at least be bothered to get angry.

Same here, even tho he managed Sunderland I have nothing against the bloke and by working under Charnley and Ashley he will just bring unwanted pain and suffering to his local friends and family.

It's a cunts trick because none of us would turn it down either given the chance but I fear for his health and sanity if we lose the first 10 games.

From rafa benitez to steve bruce... hahaha. Its so laughable i dont think i even get mad anymore.

Wonder what players we will sign with steve bruce at the helm.. if any?

Depressing just waiting for relegation, be a miracle if we avoid it.

If you want Ashley gone you should be happy for this appointment. In other words, you are more or less satisfied with Ashley’s reign if you are unhappy for hiring this rubbish. A decent manager will keep us up and prolong the torture

He is not fucking selling up if we go down. He doesn't fucking need the money. It's shit for us either way. He doesn't fucking care other than making the fans that do care suffer.

Fucking Bruce. Shouldn't be surprised. We sat through this after Robson with Sourness, then Pardew. This is the first time I have absolutely zero interest in giving him time and benefit of the doubt. He needs booing till he resigns. Irony is he will likely not last the season after we are rock bottom in october, november, December, January's etc..

Beisla and cocu in the championship and we get fucking Steve Bruce. I can't think of that many worse. Amazing trolling.

I’m really trying to not be bothered about this but since Rafa has gone, the takeover looks sketchy and now we’re going for Bruce it’s like the whole connection that has been rebuilt with the fans and the hope that was generated under Rafa has been unfairly taken from us again.

Honestly wish I didn’t care but I’ve really enjoyed the last 3 seasons, even the hard bits. Watching those players graft in a high level system and the belief Benitez was going continue to improve us - even under Ashley and it’s gone.

Now we’re staring down the barrel at Steve Bruce and some god awful football.

You’ve got to think that Bruce would say “No thanks” after Shef Wed appointment him and give him his first month off to help him recover from a tough personal year he’d had. Having said that early in his managerial career he showed no loyalty at all.

Even the most optimistic (Gorilla?) fan must now realise that the takeover isn't happening? A manager in work would not accept this job knowing he'll be gone in a couple of months.

Am I the most optimistic? Anyway it's clear it's not happening.

About the takeover, I'd say yes.

Aston Villa's worst manager for a long long time, and he's coming here. I love it.