Football podcasts

Gash

Guest Heneage

Really random but I was proper touched by the minutes applause they had for Gary Speed of the WFPI. Made for abysmal radio but a great touch none the less.

Second that actually.

This week's Ramble is entitled Shola Ameobi OBE

noticed this before listening, didnt see it coming before! good episode like, best one of the season i reckon?

I normally skip football podcasts after a bad loss, but I've obviously got to give this one a listen :lol:

Skip podcasts if we lose? Bizarre. Football Ramble is streets ahead of anything else I've tried like.

I need to forget about it all week and usually can't bear to listen to people talking about it.

After particularly shit losses like last week I usually try to avoid football altogether.

When saying bad loss I thought you meant Speed, not the Chelsea game.

I don't avoid podcasts when we lose, sometimes go to bed before we're on MOTD like.

There's a True Faith one, I follow the lads that do it on twitter where they are quite funny, rarely listen to the shows though.

There's also a ShiteSeats one that's new, not listened to any of theirs yet.

There's a True Faith one, I follow the lads that do it on twitter where they are quite funny, rarely listen to the shows though.

There's also a ShiteSeats one that's new, not listened to any of theirs yet.

The Shiteseats lads are canny, not heard their podcast though. Surprised people off here haven't sorted something tbh.

Skip podcasts if we lose? Bizarre. Football Ramble is streets ahead of anything else I've tried like.

I need to forget about it all week and usually can't bear to listen to people talking about it.

After particularly shit losses like last week I usually try to avoid football altogether.

Pretty much. I don't usually watch MOTD or any highlight show either. I don't even like to post on here, except for maybe 30 minutes after a loss, for a day or so.

I listen to Beyond the Pitch, which can be a bit hit and miss sometimes, except for when they have Phillipe Auclair, the legendary Ray Hudson (his preview of the clasico was rather entertaining, and the weekly show they have with Warren Centre Partin'

The Barton one from after the Chelsea game was quite interesting if you get the chance to listen to it - it's about 32 mins onwards.

Warren basically said very bluntly that Mike Dean is someone who makes controversial decisions on purpose, and he's like that whenever he has been in his company that he's very self-important.

Imagine if a manager said that...

Guest Heneage

I must admit Guardian Weekly is starting to grate on me. I'm not sure if Richardson was bullied by a Newcastle fan but he doesn't even seem to give us the lickings of a dog. Meanwhile Sunderland have 'The O'Neill factor'. Admittedly I don't listen to it for Newcastle coverage but it's still becoming annoying.

Guest Craig-NUFC

I think it started off with idiot supporters commenting to them, then they started getting abuse for mocking the idiots and not giving more time to Newcastle and then it became a running joke to not feature much of Newcastle, to which people would call them all sorts and so they just sacked off Newcastle almost completely.

Personally not arsed that they don't include us. Only really listen to podcasts for lower divisions and other leagues round ups.

I can't get away with the Guardian podcast really, they just seem like a bunch of smug twats.

I just find it boring. Same goes for The Times.

Excuse the cretinous word choice but the banter is better on say the Ramble.

With the Ramble I did the same thing I always do when I discover something late - fell in love with it, listened to it far too much, got bored of it, hated it, then developed a more logical view of it.  When it's funny it's really funny and I look forward to it every week again now.