Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

I'm nostalgic. I like this signing. Unfortunately it's also a smart signing in terms of getting more people back against Arsenal.

Anyway, Carroll said he just had started running outside. A bit worrying? :lol:

well he'd have to go through the full preseason basically, probably be "fit" after the international break

Don't see what's so complicated.  We've lost Perez and Rondon and Joselu.  We replaced them with the unproven Joelinton, a perma-crock Carroll and proven-to-not-be-PL-standard Gayle.  To improve on last season's team, we should, at a bare minimum, be selling Gayle for 15m or so (subsidising his wages, if need be) and buying a quality replacement for the Gayle money plus some of extra funds knocking around.

What we've done is a cop out and it's not good enough.

I dunno, David Luiz has just gone for 8M, really can't see you getting 15M for Gayle. Also, you should probably have appended a qualifying adjective to Joselu too :lol:.

That's always the mooted figure and seems relatively achievable given the fees paid for strikers.  But even so, let's call it 8-12m.

We should still be looking to get someone in who is better than Gayle by spending some money.

Joelinton - Rondon

Perez - Maxim

Almiron

Joselu - Carrol

Muto

Gayle

Not a bad line up to be fair. Anyone proven from a foreign league is unproven in the PL and anyone prem proven is out of our price range so it's kind of a moot point. I dont see too many proven strikers in any league going for £40m.

Joelinton represents a huge gamble by any clubs standards so I can't be mad with the signing in much the same way I wasnt annoyed with the Almiron signing who was equally unproven.

If we were to get a CM I'd of actuslly have been happy with this window up until the point I remembered Steve Bruce was our manager.

Don't see what's so complicated.  We've lost Perez and Rondon and Joselu.  We replaced them with the unproven Joelinton, a perma-crock Carroll and proven-to-not-be-PL-standard Gayle.  To improve on last season's team, we should, at a bare minimum, be selling Gayle for 15m or so (subsidising his wages, if need be) and buying a quality replacement for the Gayle money plus some of extra funds knocking around.

What we've done is a cop out and it's not good enough.

I dunno, David Luiz has just gone for 8M, really can't see you getting 15M for Gayle. Also, you should probably have appended a qualifying adjective to Joselu too :lol:.

That's always the mooted figure and seems relatively achievable given the fees paid for strikers.  But even so, let's call it 8-12m.

We should still be looking to get someone in who is better than Gayle by spending some money.

Joelinton - Rondon

Perez - Maxim

Almiron

Joselu - Carrol

Muto

Gayle

Not a bad line up to be fair. Anyone proven from a foreign league is unproven in the PL and anyone prem proven is out of our price range so it's kind of a moot point. I dont see too many proven strikers in any league going for £40m.

Joelinton represents a huge gamble by any clubs standards so I can't be mad with the signing in much the same way I wasnt annoyed with the Almiron signing who was equally unproven.

If we were to get a CM I'd of actuslly have been happy with this window up until the point I remembered Steve Bruce was our manager.

Yup.

If we're going down memory lane, can someone ask him about the dive when he was clean through against us for Liverpool? He had practically an open goal.

I have always wanted to rewatch that match or the highlights of it but can't ever seem to find it. Incident packed and fun match I can remember of till this day.