Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

How and why is Muto being written off as shite exactly?

Because everyone's fucking miserable and no matter how much rationality you try to use, it doesn't fit their outlook on life/NUFC/the world?

True in my case certainly but, rationally speaking, Muto has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he'll make an impact for us.

Many things is wrong at NUFC. But for us to sign Andy for cheap money in a 3rd - 4th choice role is not bad.

If he can get fit and just play well 2nd half of the season - then it will be an ok signing.

Play him right and he is a beast. I would have liked more quality obviously - but if he is a backup signing, then i don´t mind.

Actually looking forward to see Muto and Joelinton.

Because everyone's fucking miserable and no matter how much rationality you try to use, it doesn't fit their outlook on life/NUFC/the world?

It's sad man. Anyway we'll all find out once the season kicks off.

What I don't get is how the same people that lament bringing in the inexperienced Joelinton, are raving about Everton signing Moise Kean? Or Villa getting in Moraes?

They'll say we should have been in for Wilson who has only played at Championship level, while claiming Saint Maximin is no better than Atsu or akin to a dog chasing a balloon.

Stuff is mental man.

Big difference, they are adding them to their teams not to replace their main striker.

But it's fine everyone KAKA is always right.

Calvert-Lewin was Everton's main striker to end the season. Having usurped the ineffective Cenk Tosun. Stop it.

I'm not too bothered about Carroll being on a free - I thought it was going to happen and far sooner than it has. Given it took until now to sign him it really must be a "oh well, we've spent our budget and he's still available" sort of thing.

It's just such a cliche signing with bringing another Geordie home after Bruce. I'd be surprised if he managed to play many games, but surely he's more of a threat than Joselu?

Remember when we brought Beardsley back?

This is the opposite of that.

I remember a little murmuring of unrest when we did that as well as we didn't really sign anyone else that summer and he was getting on a bit, he got chinned off Ruddock pre season and was replaced temporarily by Malcolm Allen on the cheap as well.

Things worked out quite nicely though as it happened.

This time is a bit different mind as Beardsley at the very very least was fit to play other than the busted eye socket that Ruddock gave him.

Carroll has never been properly fit since he left us.

Don't see what's so complicated.  We've lost Perez and Rondon and Joselu.  We replaced them with the unproven Joelinton, a perma-crock Carroll and proven-to-not-be-PL-standard Gayle.  To improve on last season's team, we should, at a bare minimum, be selling Gayle for 15m or so (subsidising his wages, if need be) and buying a quality replacement for the Gayle money plus some of extra funds knocking around.

What we've done is a cop out and it's not good enough.

Don't see what's so complicated.  We've lost Perez and Rondon and Joselu.  We replaced them with the unproven Joelinton, a perma-crock Carroll and proven-to-not-be-PL-standard Gayle.  To improve on last season's team, we should, at a bare minimum, be selling Gayle for 15m or so (subsidising his wages, if need be) and buying a quality replacement for the Gayle money plus some of extra funds knocking around.

I dunno, David Luiz has just gone for 8M, really can't see you getting 15M for Gayle. Also, you should probably have appended a qualifying adjective to Joselu too :lol:.

I dunno, David Luiz has just gone for 8M, really can't see you getting 15M for Gayle. Also, you should probably have appended a qualifying adjective to Joselu too :lol:.

That's always the mooted figure and seems relatively achievable given the fees paid for strikers.  But even so, let's call it 8-12m.

We should still be looking to get someone in who is better than Gayle by spending some money.

Can't write Muto off yet, need to see how he performs this season to make a fair judgement.

I'm nostalgic. I like this signing. Unfortunately it's also a smart signing in terms of getting more people back against Arsenal.

Anyway, Carroll said he just had started running outside. A bit worrying? :lol: