Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Fuck me, shows how easily pleased everyone is now.  Standards really have dropped through the floor.

So who should we have signed that were of a higher standard?

Solomon Rondon to name one. There are a hundred better strikers out there if you're prepared to spend a bit of money.

Still a huge amount of pressure on Joelinton, ASM and Almiron - and that's assuming the two young lads who've never played in the Premier League and have very few career goals between them will actually perform. I'm optimistic that they will do but there's a significant amount of risk there above keeping Rafa, Rondon and Perez.

Muto's shite, Gayle struggles and Carroll won't stay fit.

All of this is, of course, notwithstanding the bullshit-laden method which has actually resulted in the whole lot being compiled. And never mind the manager.

He's not like.

So everyone complaining about this. Providing we don't sell anyone this afternoon, our crop of strikers will be:

Joelinton

Muto

Gayle

Carroll

Plus players who can play off the striker:

Almiron

Saint-Maximin

That's not a bad selection at all. I appreciate there's some unknown quantities in there, but anyone that we bought would be an unknown quantity really.

I mean i have no opinions on Joelinton but the other strikers there are awful. The standards have really dropped if that's what's considered  "not bad".

Awful? Jesus Christ man. We are yet to know whether Gayle can do it in the PL... Rafa barely played him. And same with Muto... every time I've seen him play he's been a livewire, and most posters on here were complaining about his lack of game time last season.

And Carroll, if fit, is a great option from the bench. You know he is. You just have no interest whatsoever in saying anything remotely positive.

On Gayle, yes we do. He's not good enough, he's proved that multiple times over multiple different seasons for different clubs that he's not good enough.

Muto i'm willing to accept he may have a chance but i still doubt it, as for Carroll he's been crap for years whether he's been fit or not. Also don't assume i have no interest in saying anything positive because i have a negative opinion on this subject. ( with good reason)

To start. But a lot of clubs in our league standing would like to have a Dwight Gayle on the bench.

Why aren't they queuing up to sign him then? instead he spent the entire last season at West Brom.

Medical passed and fitness proved.  Signing a one year pay as you play deal so a real upgrade on Joselu.  Why spend money that could used to bring in anotjer player with the saving on a transfer fee.  A good bit of business as far as I'm concerned.

:lol:  Where have you been the last ten years?

So everyone complaining about this. Providing we don't sell anyone this afternoon, our crop of strikers will be:

Joelinton

Muto

Gayle

Carroll

Plus players who can play off the striker:

Almiron

Saint-Maximin

That's not a bad selection at all. I appreciate there's some unknown quantities in there, but anyone that we bought would be an unknown quantity really.

I mean i have no opinions on Joelinton but the other strikers there are awful. The standards have really dropped if that's what's considered  "not bad".

Awful? Jesus Christ man. We are yet to know whether Gayle can do it in the PL... Rafa barely played him. And same with Muto... every time I've seen him play he's been a livewire, and most posters on here were complaining about his lack of game time last season.

And Carroll, if fit, is a great option from the bench. You know he is. You just have no interest whatsoever in saying anything remotely positive.

On Gayle, yes we do. He's not good enough, he's proved that multiple times over multiple different seasons for different clubs that he's not good enough.

Muto i'm willing to accept he may have a chance but i still doubt it, as for Carroll he's been crap for years whether he's been fit or not. Also don't assume i have no interest in saying anything positive because i have a negative opinion on this subject. ( with good reason)

To start. But a lot of clubs in our league standing would like to have a Dwight Gayle on the bench.

Why aren't they queuing up to sign him then? instead he spent the entire last season at West Brom.

Because they don't want to spend £15m (which is what we have been quoted as wanting for him) for him to sit on the bench.

Still a huge amount of pressure on Joelinton, ASM and Almiron - and that's assuming the two young lads who've never played in the Premier League and have very few career goals between them will actually perform. I'm optimistic that they will do but there's a significant amount of risk there above keeping Rafa, Rondon and Perez.

Muto's shite, Gayle struggles and Carroll won't stay fit.

All of this is, of course, notwithstanding the bullshit-laden method which has actually resulted in the whole lot being compiled. And never mind the manager.

He's not like.

muto.png

15m  :laugh: as if man.

I'm not saying I think he's worth that... I'm saying that's how much we have been quoted as wanting for him. It's well reported.

Reports mean nothing, none of them know anything. We'd accept a third of that for Gayle. But nobody clearly wants to spend anything on him as his performances haven't justified anything.

Guest neesy111

Andy Carroll as a deadline day signing to replace Joselu in a well padded out, balanced squad is fine. Andy Carroll in the state our midfield and forward options is in is fucking moronic.

Exactly, if we had 3 players in front him that were experienced and good enough then fine.  If we are more leaky at the back this season (which I'm sure we will be) then our strikers are going to have to replace the missing goals from last season + more.

Can see what Shadow Puppets[/member] is saying like. I've a good feeling about Joelinton & SM myself. Also think Almiron is mint.

2 problems:

1. Steve f***ing Bruce is managing them

2. They literally have zero PL goals between them

Even assuming knackers plays all 3 it's a massive gamble.

Is there another non-promoted team with a first choice strike force that's scored zero goals collectively?

I highly doubt it. That's why it's been a s**** window.

Can see what Shadow Puppets[/member] is saying like. I've a good feeling about Joelinton & SM myself. Also think Almiron is mint.

2 problems:

Is there another non-promoted team with a first choice strike force that's scored zero goals collectively?

Tbf i don't think anyone is criticising Joelinton, Almiron or SM. More Carroll, Muto and Gayle.

Guest neesy111

Cab see what Shadow Puppets[/member] is saying like. I've a good feeling about Joelinton & SM myself. Also think Almiron is mint.

2 problems:

1. Steve fucking Bruce is managing them

Is there another non-promoted team with a strike force that's scored zero goals collectively?

I highly doubt it. That's why it's been a shite window.

What we needed to do was to sign Rondon and add another striker for Joselu.

2 problems:

A high proportion of match goers see beloved Steve as an improvement on Rafa though.

How and why is Muto being written off as shite exactly?

Because everyone's fucking miserable and no matter how much rationality you try to use, it doesn't fit their outlook on life/NUFC/the world?

It's sad man. Anyway we'll all find out once the season kicks off.

What I don't get is how the same people that lament bringing in the inexperienced Joelinton, are raving about Everton signing Moise Kean? Or Villa getting in Moraes?

They'll say we should have been in for Wilson who has only played at Championship level, while claiming Saint Maximin is no better than Atsu or akin to a dog chasing a balloon.

Stuff is mental man.

Guest neesy111

How and why is Muto being written off as shite exactly?

Because everyone's fucking miserable and no matter how much rationality you try to use, it doesn't fit their outlook on life/NUFC/the world?

It's sad man. Anyway we'll all find out once the season kicks off.

What I don't get is how the same people that lament bringing in the inexperienced Joelinton, are raving about Everton signing Moise Kean? Or Villa getting in Moraes?

They'll say we should have been in for Wilson who has only played at Championship level, while claiming Saint Maximin is no better than Atsu or akin to a dog chasing a balloon.

Stuff is mental man.

Big difference, they are adding them to their teams not to replace their main striker.

But it's fine everyone KAKA is always right.