Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Guest chopey

I remember thinking that £35 million was a good offer so long as we invest the money in the team .............................................still waiting

Guest neesy111

This is Ashley’s target audience. The ones who love a Geordie and will go no matter what shite he puts in front of them. He’ll always have that core of 40k who will go regardless. Probably why he puts prices up, for the 5-6k who will no longer go, he knows he can take the piss out of the sheep who’ll still go so covers quite a bit of missing fans’ income. Plus he doesn’t have to spend as much on staff and players because people will still go.

:thup:

I'm honestly surprised at the reaction, we are short a striker, and as a short term fix I think he'll be alright. While it is pandering to an extent, I'm just looking at it as a better replacement for Joselu.

If there was any chance of him staying fully fit for the season, speculative comparisons with Rondon wouldn't be unreasonable.

Guest neesy111

He can only be better than Joselu if he's fit, also Joselu hardly got any game time the 2nd half of last season.

So everyone complaining about this. Providing we don't sell anyone this afternoon, our crop of strikers will be:

Joelinton

Muto

Gayle

Carroll

Plus players who can play off the striker:

Almiron

Saint-Maximin

That's not a bad selection at all. I appreciate there's some unknown quantities in there, but anyone that we bought would be an unknown quantity really.

So everyone complaining about this. Providing we don't sell anyone this afternoon, our crop of strikers will be:

Joelinton

Muto

Gayle

Carroll

Almiron

Saint-Maximin

That's not a bad selection at all. I appreciate there's some unknown quantities in there, but anyone that we bought would be an unknown quantity really.

I mean i have no opinions on Joelinton but the other strikers there are awful. The standards have really dropped if that's what's considered  "not bad".

Joelinton

Muto

Gayle

Carroll

Almiron

Saint-Maximin

I mean i have no opinions on Joelinton but the other strikers there are awful. The standards have really dropped if that's what's considered  "not bad".

Awful? Jesus Christ man. We are yet to know whether Gayle can do it in the PL... Rafa barely played him. And same with Muto... every time I've seen him play he's been a livewire, and most posters on here were complaining about his lack of game time last season.

And Carroll, if fit, is a great option from the bench. You know he is. You just have no interest whatsoever in saying anything remotely positive.

Medical passed and fitness proved.  Signing a one year pay as you play deal so a real upgrade on Joselu.  Why spend money that could used to bring in anotjer player with the saving on a transfer fee.  A good bit of business as far as I'm concerned.

Scored less league goals than joselu last season and less than joselu over the last two years.

Well that speaks volumes for Joselu seeing as Carroll couldn't play due to injuries.  At least he scored or looked like scoring when he was fit unlike Joselu who never looked threat to the opposition goal.  Even if Carroll only plays 5 games but scores the winner in those games that's 15 points in the bag.

That's kind of the point though isn't it? He rarely plays these days. And he didn't score when he was fit last season, at least not in the league.

Joelinton

Muto

Gayle

Carroll

Almiron

Saint-Maximin

Awful? Jesus Christ man. We are yet to know whether Gayle can do it in the PL... Rafa barely played him. And same with Muto... every time I've seen him play he's been a livewire, and most posters on here were complaining about his lack of game time last season.

And Carroll, if fit, is a great option from the bench. You know he is. You just have no interest whatsoever in saying anything remotely positive.

100 appearences in the Premier League and you spout this shite?

Fuck me, shows how easily pleased everyone is now.  Standards really have dropped through the floor.

So who should we have signed that were of a higher standard?

This is a perpetually dumb and irrelevant point.

Joelinton

Muto

Gayle

Carroll

Almiron

Saint-Maximin

On Gayle, yes we do. He's not good enough, he's proved that multiple times over multiple different seasons for different clubs that he's not good enough.

Muto i'm willing to accept he may have a chance but i still doubt it, as for Carroll he's been crap for years whether he's been fit or not. Also don't assume i have no interest in saying anything positive because i have a negative opinion on this subject. ( with good reason)

Fuck me, shows how easily pleased everyone is now.  Standards really have dropped through the floor.

Joelinton... in his appearances so far looks a good player. Scored two and won a penalty. Works well with Almiron.

Muto... livewire but perhaps hasn't had many opportunities due to not fitting into Rafa's system and Rondon being so good.

Gayle... yet to prove whether he can cut it in the PL. I suspect not (if you expect him to be main striker) but certainly a good option from the bench and a very good finisher on his day.

Carroll... offers something completely different (with the caveat of "if he's fit").

Almiron... played off Joelinton in a number 10 role in the last two friendlies and they combined really well. Needs to score, but more than makes up for it in the amount of chances he creates or makes space for.

Saint-Maximin... again, based off only seeing him live for 30 mins, he looks a livewire and certainly an upgrade on the Atsu's and Ritchie's of this world.

All of those will be fighting it out for 2 positions in Bruce's likely system. That isn't a bad choice at all.

Or do you just have no desire to say anything positive as usual?

Still a huge amount of pressure on Joelinton, ASM and Almiron - and that's assuming the two young lads who've never played in the Premier League and have very few career goals between them will actually perform. I'm optimistic that they will do but there's a significant amount of risk there above keeping Rafa, Rondon and Perez.

Muto's shite, Gayle struggles and Carroll won't stay fit.

All of this is, of course, notwithstanding the bullshit-laden method which has actually resulted in the whole lot being compiled. And never mind the manager.

I'm honestly surprised at the reaction, we are short a striker, and as a short term fix I think he'll be alright. While it is pandering to an extent, I'm just looking at it as a better replacement for Joselu.

It's almost as if he's the only striker we've signed.

In actuality he is 1 of 6 options we can now use upfront in a 2 striker setup.

Joelinton

Muto

Gayle

Carroll

Almiron

Saint-Maximin

On Gayle, yes we do. He's not good enough, he's proved that multiple times over multiple different seasons for different clubs that he's not good enough.

Muto i'm willing to accept he may have a chance but i still doubt it, as for Carroll he's been crap for years whether he's been fit or not. Also don't assume i have no interest in saying anything positive because i have a negative opinion on this subject. ( with good reason)

To start. But a lot of clubs in our league standing would like to have a Dwight Gayle on the bench.