Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Medical passed and fitness proved.  Signing a one year pay as you play deal so a real upgrade on Joselu.  Why spend money that could used to bring in anotjer player with the saving on a transfer fee.  A good bit of business as far as I'm concerned.

Predictable and depressing in equal measures.

From Rafa and a Dubai takeover, to Steve Bruce's team lumping it up to Carroll within 3 months is canny impressive even by our standards.  :lol: :lol:

That's not quite right really is it, i mean if you are going to ignore Joelinton, ASM and Almiron like, i get the sentiment but as a back up player i see no problem with it.

From Rafa and a Dubai takeover, to Steve Bruce's team lumping it up to Carroll within 3 months is canny impressive even by our standards.  :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Medical passed and fitness proved.  Signing a one year pay as you play deal so a real upgrade on Joselu.  Why does money when you don't have to.  A good bit of business as far as I'm concerned.

a finer stamp of approval there never was

Guest neesy111

Happy for him. He never actually asked to leave.

He put in a transfer request.

He was forced to by Derek Llambias.

Yeah, it was pretty much knowledge at the time that he was asked to.

But I'm sure neesy knew that already.

Tell me how you force a player to do a transfer request especially in an era of player power?

Carroll had just signed a new contract at the time. Liverpool offered more money, Carroll would have stayed if he was offered the same offered at  Liverpool . We said no, he went to Liverpool. Hardly forced out like Carroll had claimed.

:thup:

I really like him when he was here and expected big things to happen for him, i'm actually quite happy with this move

He looked like he had it all during that spell between August-December '10. His physique was incredible and he had decent technique on the ball. Aerially he was excellent and he also had just enough pace for it not to limit him. If he'd stayed with us and stayed fit, he'd have probably scored over 100 goals for us.

Would be fun to see a team consisting of Dummett, Long&Shortstaff and Carroll on the pitch this season if Benitez was still here under new ownership.

In which case three of those would be nowhere near the club

Medical passed and fitness proved.  Signing a one year pay as you play deal so a real upgrade on Joselu.  Why spend money that could used to bring in anotjer player with the saving on a transfer fee.  A good bit of business as far as I'm concerned.

Me too.

Scored less league goals than joselu last season and less than joselu over the last two years.

:lol: This is so true.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory/progress.