Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Is he playing tomorrow? Would have been a good test for the Dummett and Willo partnership up against Carroll and Enners. If they came through that then you could look at them as a reliable CB pairing, but I reckon they'd be destroyed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

20 league goals since he left us in January 2011

Transfer fees of £50 million

Wages of £80,000 per week

Meaning he's cost £3.33 million per goal and that is obviously constantly rising right up until August!

Jesus!

I love watching him so it's a shame. Love watching him batter defenders.

Same :thup:

Gutted how it's all turned out for him since he left (was forced from) us.

Get a grip. [emoji38]

He took the money at the first available opportunity.

Yep, fuck him. He was a Geordie number 9 playing for Newcastle and thought there was something better, which, as a Geordie (ish) Newcastle fan, I can't understand. I don't mind being pellets for harbouring that opinion. I wish it had gone differently, but it went the way it went and I harbour no sympathy for the comparatively forgettable career he's having. Not that he can help being injured all the time.

Yep, fuck him. He was a Geordie number 9 playing for Newcastle and thought there was something better, which, as a Geordie (ish) Newcastle fan, I can't understand. I don't mind being pellets for harbouring that opinion. I wish it had gone differently, but it went the way it went and I harbour no sympathy for the comparatively forgettable career he's having. Not that he can help being injured all the time.

He'd have been pretty fucking stupid to turn down what LFC offered wage wise. Geordie No. 9 or not.

Guest firetotheworks

Yep, f*** him. He was a Geordie number 9 playing for Newcastle and thought there was something better

People still believe this?

Exactly. Admit that I was the same but too much has happened since with other players saying the same thing.

I don't think he's 100% blameless for leaving TBH but it is the reality of football.

Feel sorry for anyone who is constantly injured, must be a nightmare. I don't known if his lifestyle is a factor but he seems like a fairly genuine lad overall and I'd rather see him play than not.