Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

A fit Carroll can be absolutely deadly.  Shearer, Les, Drogba, CRonaldo.. there's not that many strikers that you could say has the potential to match them in the air but he is one.

I think he's better in the air than all of them, personally.

Carroll's sale measures up disappointment wise with us being relegated, for me. Finally seeing a really talented player coming through the ranks, and that a nr. 9 of all things, just to see him leave for a club I despise so much on the last transfer day was a massive kick in the nuts and should have confirmed to all that there is something fundamentally wrong with this regime. The transfer fee was of course ridiculous but making him leave on the last day without a replacement was insane and an insult to fans. No one knows if Carroll could have at least justified some of his transfer fee if he'd escape massive injuries in the past couple of years but Ashley and Pardew got lucky and Carroll's injuries "rationalized" the sale over time.

For a sensible amount of money and if he's been injury free over a sustained period of time, I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

For a normal club, though, £35m for Andy Carroll is basically unrejectable, it's stupid money.  When I say a normal club I of course mean one which isn't owned by a sovereign state like Southampton and one which will re-invest the money in players.

For us we might as well have kept him, we need a decent forward more than a big wedge of cash.

For a normal club, though, £35m for Andy Carroll is basically unrejectable, it's stupid money.  When I say a normal club I of course mean one which isn't owned by a sovereign state like Southampton and one which will re-invest the money in players.

For us we might as well have kept him, we need a decent forward more than a big wedge of cash.

We could have bought him back and still had a big pile of money.

A fit Carroll can be absolutely deadly.  Shearer, Les, Drogba, CRonaldo.. there's not that many strikers that you could say has the potential to match them in the air but he is one.

I think he's better in the air than all of them, personally.

Fantastic at the leap/run up... but Shearer at least was able to score more types of headers.

His aerial ability alone would earn us more points than Shola has in his entire career.

I don't know what it is about the long haired freak, but I can't help but feel happy when he's doing well, even after he tried to con us playing for Pool.  Remember begrudgingly grinning like a cheshire when he scored at Wembley for England.

I'm absolutley convinced he hasn't once tried to score a goal against us b/c he clearly doesn't want to.

I know he's a bit of a partier, but everything I've heard is that he's a cracking lad. I do get a rush of pride seeing him bully defenders man - the way he attacks headers is a work of art as well.

Still bit pissed Nolan and Carroll are gone - esp Nolan. Top leader man.

I would have had a lot more respect for him if he scored and just didn't celebrate like a dick. He tried to get a player sent off and they probably still would have scored if the ref fell for it.

If he really didn't want to score he should have just pretended to try and smash it in an hoof it way over the bar/wide.

He chose the worst option possible and knew exactly what he was doing. That'll never sit right with me.

:thup: Cracked me up when Shane Long done both against WBA the other week mind. Refused to celebrate when he scored out of respect but was happy enough to take a dive and cheat against them later in the game  :lol:

• 3 months later...

Rumours going around he could be out for 4 months with an ankle problem. Such a shame the way his career is going. I have heard on more than one occasion that his ankle is fucked over the last year like.

Why is it a shame?

Pisshead footballer who shit on his hometown club at the first opportunity possible.

Beggars belief how people still fawn over Carroll.

Rumours going around he could be out for 4 months with an ankle problem. Such a shame the way his career is going. I have heard on more than one occasion that his ankle is fucked over the last year like.

Why is it a shame?

Pisshead footballer who shit on his hometown club at the first opportunity possible.

The club wanted him out just as much as he wanted to make the move, probably more. I am not bitter or angry about it, I just liked him as a player and don't have any bad feelings about him.

Yeah but ankle in London means Mam or Dad's brother.

Why is it a shame?

Being sold for big money from a club who make it clear they want you to leave doesn't constitute shitting on anything.

Any correlation between heavy drinkers and injuries because Gazza and Bryan Robson were made of glass as well

Rumours going around he could be out for 4 months with an ankle problem. Such a shame the way his career is going. I have heard on more than one occasion that his ankle is f***ed over the last year like.

Why is it a shame?

Pisshead footballer who s*** on his hometown club at the first opportunity possible.

Being sold for big money from a club who make it clear they want you to leave doesn't constitute shitting on anything.