Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Remy not wanting to play for us is the key difference.

We're talking about the lad who f***ed off at the first chance :lol:

Did he 'f*** off' or was he pushed?

Mind you having seen what Ashley is like at first hand and close up I'd have wanted to 'f*** off' too.

Moot point really. We wont be spending this type of money in the near future anyway.

Loanees, swaps or frees all the way.

If he didn't want to leave he wouldn't have but I really can't be arsed to get into this debate again :lol: Lets just say he didn't seem overly gutted.

Here man, he was bound, gagged and bundled into Mike's helicopter. The poor bastard was FORCED to sign the contract of his life.

Sticking around where you're emphatically told you're not wanted always works out well.

He'd just signed a 5.5 year contract worth over £10m, what were the club going to do? Stick their best forward in the reserves and let him run the contract down? :lol:

We're talking about the lad who fucked off at the first chance :lol:

Whether that's accurate or not, it's irrelevant because we both know who'd far rather be up front for us next season.

Sticking around where you're emphatically told you're not wanted always works out well.

He'd just signed a 5.5 year contract worth over £10m, what were the club going to do? Stick their best forward in the reserves and let him run the contract down? :lol:

Fuck knas with that lot, they were mad-keen to get their 35 million quid and everything we know about them implies they're a nasty, horrible set of cunts.

Not saying he didn't do well out of it, money-wise.

Whether that's accurate or not, it's irrelevant because we both know who'd far rather be up front for us next season.

Do we? If we match Carroll's wages then he probably would prefer to play for us. Carroll would need to prove his fitness to be worth those wages though which he hasn't got time to do.

Fuck knas with that lot, they were mad-keen to get their 35 million quid and everything we know about them implies they're a nasty, horrible set of cunts.

I have no doubt Ashley spunked for a week solid when that offer came in but Carroll had a choice.

Guest neesy111

Carroll wanted to leave imo, remember he does have a winners medal on his C.V.  More than what he would had got staying at NUFC.

I have no doubt Ashley spunked for a week solid when that offer came in but Carroll had a choice.

If my employer told me to fuck off and I also had a better offer I'd fuck off.  They're arseholes, they could have made life difficult for him.  Plus he's thick as fuck.

Anyway, like you said earlier on, the debate's been had a million times before.  Every year that goes by under Ashley's leadership makes me lean more towards departing players and less towards the club though.

Do we? If we match Carroll's wages then he probably would prefer to play for us. Carroll would need to prove his fitness to be worth those wages though which he hasn't got time to do.

Even if he proved his fitness he still wouldn't be worth the wages he's on there.  Remy on the other hand would be IMO.

A fit Carroll can be absolutely deadly.  Shearer, Les, Drogba, CRonaldo.. there's not that many strikers that you could say has the potential to match them in the air but he is one.

His aerial ability alone would earn us more points than Shola has in his entire career.

I don't know what it is about the long haired freak, but I can't help but feel happy when he's doing well, even after he tried to con us playing for Pool.  Remember begrudgingly grinning like a cheshire when he scored at Wembley for England.

A fit Carroll can be absolutely deadly.  Shearer, Les, Drogba, CRonaldo.. there's not that many strikers that you could say has the potential to match them in the air but he is one.

His aerial ability alone would earn us more points than Shola has in his entire career.

I don't know what it is about the long haired freak, but I can't help but feel happy when he's doing well, even after he tried to con us playing for Pool.  Remember begrudgingly grinning like a cheshire when he scored at Wembley for England.

I'm absolutley convinced he hasn't once tried to score a goal against us b/c he clearly doesn't want to.

I know he's a bit of a partier, but everything I've heard is that he's a cracking lad. I do get a rush of pride seeing him bully defenders man - the way he attacks headers is a work of art as well.

Still bit pissed Nolan and Carroll are gone - esp Nolan. Top leader man.

Guest Nixon

It's because deep down, he's still ours.

Remember the animosity festering inside of our fan base when he joined Liverpool? It was all for Mike Ashley and his bloody helicopter!  :ticked off:

There's an old song that goes: "There's three sides to every story, yours, mine, and the cold hard truth."

We'll never truly know whether he forced the move through or if Ashley and Derek Llambias did everything conceivable to facilitate it and whore him to Liverpool. The populist view is the latter because no one really likes Ashley and Carroll, for all his misdemeanours, gave us a clutch of fantastic memories -- the Championship, Villa 6-0, Sunderland 5-1. The fact he's never worked anywhere else cultivates this romantic idea that he's due to comeback home, just like Alan Shearer (albeit in a move convoluted way).

My issue is, you have to look at as a business decision, just like Llambias did. He's 24, and he'll realistically always cost upwards of £10million because he's semi-talented, English, and has a unique skill set. I don't think he's worth that.

Apologies York, I had my little rod out.

I really like Carroll but I tend to agree, he's been nothing like value for money since joining them.

He has in the games he played. Cba to look but I'd reckon their with/without record is a lot better with him in.

http://totalfootballmadness.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Hatem-Ben-Arfa-1.jpg

Not a bad nickname for the lad. Sometimes.

Apologies York, I had my little rod out.

I really like Carroll but I tend to agree, he's been nothing like value for money since joining them.

He has in the games he played. Cba to look but I'd reckon their with/without record is a lot better with him in.

http://totalfootballmadness.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Hatem-Ben-Arfa-1.jpg

Not a bad nickname for the lad. Sometimes.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/attachments/nokia-lumia-icon/57427d1379642727t-lucille-bluth-eye-roll-arrested-development-gif.gif

I'm absolutley convinced he hasn't once tried to score a goal against us b/c he clearly doesn't want to.

I know he's a bit of a partier, but everything I've heard is that he's a cracking lad. I do get a rush of pride seeing him bully defenders man - the way he attacks headers is a work of art as well.

Still bit pissed Nolan and Carroll are gone - esp Nolan. Top leader man.

I would have had a lot more respect for him if he scored and just didn't celebrate like a dick. He tried to get a player sent off and they probably still would have scored if the ref fell for it.

If he really didn't want to score he should have just pretended to try and smash it in an hoof it way over the bar/wide.

He chose the worst option possible and knew exactly what he was doing. That'll never sit right with me.

The more I've learnt about Ashley, Pardew and Llambias, the less anger I've felt towards Carroll. I don't think he pushed for the move at all, and therefore I don't hold any grudge against him.

I have to say, him playing for us and his rise during 2010 was probably one of the best things I've experienced with NUFC in the past decade. I'd have him back in a flash as I think he's one of the few people who could inject some fucking meaning into this hollowness.

I seem to remember us rejecting a £30m bid then him putting in a transfer request. :dontknow:

That was what was reported at the time.

Doesn't fit too well with drunk Llambias' recollection

“We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there. We drew that f****** deal, perhaps the ultimate,” explained Llambias.

“So £30m? F*** off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down. £35m? Everybody including Pardew all agreed.”

I still can't believe we sold him for 35 fucking million :lol:

Starting to wonder I'd this didn't turn out to be one of the worst things that could have happened. Disregard the money, forget what you think of his ability. Doesn't it feel like they've just been chasing this high over and over again? All we seem to do now is bring in players we can potentially flip.