Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Didn't think that chance he missed was as easy as people were saying at the time. Wrong-foot volley with only a split second to react.

You would consider yourself very unlucky if he spanked that in the net.

Didn't need to leather it though, an angled foot to direct it would probably have done enough to direct it in or failing that just passing it.

Didn't think that chance he missed was as easy as people were saying at the time. Wrong-foot volley with only a split second to react.

You would consider yourself very unlucky if he spanked that in the net.

Didn't need to leather it though, an angled foot to direct it would probably have done enough to direct it in or failing that just passing it.

The lack of composure was criminal.

:lol:

The ball came at him and he's just snatched at it. Hasn't shown any composure in the slightest, just took a wild swing at it. I'd be saying the same thing if it was Remy, not just because it was Carroll and i already think he's average at best.

The best excuse he can use is that he hasn't had much game time and could still consider himself 'rusty'. All the bullshit about deliberately missing because it was against us and he didn't want to score is laughable. It was an excellent chance, not a sitter but an excellent chance and he blew it.

I can't hate Carroll, was great when he was with us and eventually his move financed a large chunk of our current squad.

:thup:

He did great for us and we got a fantastic deal when he went. I don't see any need to hate him whatsoever, I'm sure the years he spent as Newcastle no 9 were the highlight of his career.

• 2 months later...