Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

I bet the guy regrets leaving us and chasing the money.

I've got absolutely no sympathy for a guy who had the exact same dream as me, achieved it, then threw it away for f***ing Liverpool FC.

you know nothing ffs. silly post :crazy2:

I've got absolutely no sympathy for a guy who had the exact same dream as me, achieved it, then threw it away for f***ing Liverpool FC.

:okay: :lol:

He may and he may not. He's set up for life with the two moves. He might not have gotten that in 10 years with us. He's also probably thinking that had he not been sold he could have struggled to get another contract with us based on the amount of injuries he's picked up.

I know we're not the biggest payers but come on. :lol:

He got two hefty signing on fees on 87K or something stupid at Liverpool, I'm sure West ham are paying him pretty close to that too. Easily 10 years before we were  close to matching that kind of income for him.

Besides, he made some of our team look so good that pundits were asking why Barton and Nolan weren't in the England fold, because he didn't need 3,4,5 balls in to get one on target. Put so many on a plate for Nolan that he was outscoring Lampard. One chance, one goal aerially. Hand on heart, better in the air than Ferdinand was and he was an absolute beast in the air. Broke my heart when he left, nothing to back it up to hand but my opinion is that Mike Ashley with a 35m offer simply said 'You better start driving, son'. This was the beginning of the end for NUFC as I knew it, as I realised that we weren't going to ever be one of the big clubs any more.

Bias against who?  I don't even dislike the bloke - I was surprised people booed him today as I see no reason to hold a grudge against him.  I was actually saying to my brother at the game that I feel a little sorry for him.  He just isn't very good.

That's just f***ing stupid. Rewatch the Aston Villa game where we beat them 6-0. That game was as complete a centre forward display as I've ever seen. On his day Carroll can be absolutely unplayable. He's just been ravaged by injury, he'll never find any kind of form again until he can play consistently for a 6 months or so. The only reason I wouldn't have him back at SJP is because of his injury record, nothing to do with his ability at all.

Caveat caveat caveat. On his day, Kenwyn Jones is unplayable.

Carroll was good against a poor Villa side. Any more examples of Carroll being 'absolutely unplayable'? Any against good defences?

Really we doing this ? Off the top of my head, Arsenal away Liverpool at home that season. There was a reason why Liverpool paid 35 mill, others were prepared to go in 20 million plus territory, they guy was tearing up the league that year. We sold him at the perfect time from a financial point of view.

Saying he's limited or not very good to use your words, is just plain stupid man.

Arsenal away he was insanely good, pretty much won that game on his own.

Tiote was class that game too, made Fabregas and Wilshire look awful.

Carroll is still very much learning his trade. He needs a run of games to get that sharpness back but I'm not sure he'll play consistently without picking up injuries.

He is a handful for defences when he's playing regularly. He needs the right set up around him as I don't think he'll match the scoring ratio he had with us, but in terms of being a focal point with the right players buzzing around him, I think he's got a decent career in the game ahead of him. If he stays fit of course. I don't think he'll play for a top club but he has an opportunity to get a good amount of England caps if he can get fit for a long period and get into his stride again.

Bias against who?  I don't even dislike the bloke - I was surprised people booed him today as I see no reason to hold a grudge against him.  I was actually saying to my brother at the game that I feel a little sorry for him.  He just isn't very good.

That's just f***ing stupid. Rewatch the Aston Villa game where we beat them 6-0. That game was as complete a centre forward display as I've ever seen. On his day Carroll can be absolutely unplayable. He's just been ravaged by injury, he'll never find any kind of form again until he can play consistently for a 6 months or so. The only reason I wouldn't have him back at SJP is because of his injury record, nothing to do with his ability at all.

Caveat caveat caveat. On his day, Kenwyn Jones is unplayable.

Carroll was good against a poor Villa side. Any more examples of Carroll being 'absolutely unplayable'? Any against good defences?

Really we doing this ? Off the top of my head, Arsenal away Liverpool at home that season. There was a reason why Liverpool paid 35 mill, others were prepared to go in 20 million plus territory, they guy was tearing up the league that year. We sold him at the perfect time from a financial point of view.

Saying he's limited or not very good to use your words, is just plain stupid man.

We can agree to disagree.  If you genuinely think Carroll is not a limited player, no point continuing.  I'll be absolutely amazed if he manages to score more than 60 league goals in the rest of his career.

Can't believe anyone still thinks he loves us after that dive vs Liverpool. Of course he only did it because he couldn't bare scoring against us, getting Krul sent off and letting someone else score would have been much better  :yao:

:okay: :lol:

:p

There's a reason we were all gutted when we sold him for £35m like, he was ridiculously good for us, absolutely unplayable. Don't want him back now though, with Mike being as stingy as he is, we can't afford an injury prone player like him.

Let's see what he's like if he manages to stay fit. Regardless of his lack of match fitness, it looked to me like he really didn't want to score with that chance yday, it was so casual and he didn't look at all bothered about it.  It may well be that it was just shite technique but he swung at it like he was larking about.

Let's see what he's like if he manages to stay fit. Regardless of his lack of match fitness, it looked to me like he really didn't want to score with that chance yday, it was so casual and he didn't look at all bothered about it.  It may well be that it was just shite technique but he swung at it like he was larking about.

:lol:

Of all the damage Ashley has done, for some reason Carroll leaving us took away more from me and my love/support for football and the club than that prick will ever do.

I've not been the same supporter since he left, if a local lad can sell out the way he did then really there is very little future for how I always thought the game was meant to be.

It's good in a way, I don't get massively angry when we lose, but certainly don't get the same highs either. For better or worse he detached me, and even though I was livid at the time, I suppose I've got a lot to thank him for.

I'd take him back just so he can sit in front of a camera and apologise to the fans.

Of all the damage Ashley has done, for some reason Carroll leaving us took away more from me and my love/support for football and the club than that prick will ever do.

I've not been the same supporter since he left, if a local lad can sell out the way he did then really there is very little future for how I always thought the game was meant to be.

It's good in a way, I don't get massively angry when we lose, but certainly don't get the same highs either. For better or worse he detached me, and even though I was livid at the time, I suppose I've got a lot to thank him for.

I'd take him back just so he can sit in front of a camera and apologise to the fans.

That's one reason I'm glad these decisions are made by cool headed business minds rather than fans. Ashley's lumbered us with a shit manager but I've got no complaints about his recruitment decisions.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

There's a reason we were all gutted when we sold him for £35m like, he was ridiculously good for us, absolutely unplayable. Don't want him back now though, with Mike being as stingy as he is, we can't afford an injury prone player like him.

When Cisse was banging them in last season how many fans thought he was ridiculously good? Fates and opinions change really quick in football  :lol: . He was decent for us and I was genuinely worried when we sold him because we didn't have a decent replacement (his price tag did soften the blow though).

As for his world class abilities, I remember watching England vs Italy (friendly?) and the Italians handled him really well. They rarely sat deep like us in the second half and pushed their defensive line up the the pitch. Also they just let Carroll jump for every ball but as soon as he hit the ground he was always surrounded by 2 defenders. The Italians realised they would never be able to win any aerial battles against him but they knew he had a s*** touch and couldn't bring other players into play. Moreover to finish off their brilliant defensive plan, they closed down our wingers really well.

Carroll is all that's wrong with English football. Could you imagine a Carroll getting a game for a Spain or Holland? Players like Carroll should be lucky they are playing in the PL let alone international football. Just a battering ram who will throw a few elbows and power a few headers and shots in now and then. Of course he's better than Shols but the fact people are putting them in the same sentence sums up the standard Carroll is at.

Never rated him, don't miss him and certainly don't want him back.

When Cisse was banging them in last season how many fans thought he was ridiculously good? Fates and opinions change really quick in football  :lol: . He was decent for us and I was genuinely worried when we sold him because we didn't have a decent replacement (his price tag did soften the blow though).

As for his world class abilities, I remember watching England vs Italy (friendly?) and the Italians handled him really well. They rarely sat deep like us in the second half and pushed their defensive line up the the pitch. Also they just let Carroll jump for every ball but as soon as he hit the ground he was always surrounded by 2 defenders. The Italians realised they would never be able to win any aerial battles against him but they knew he had a s*** touch and couldn't bring other players into play. Moreover to finish off their brilliant defensive plan, they closed down our wingers really well.

:thup:

If the long ball and big strikers were the way forward England would have won at least one major tournament since 1966.

Carroll is all that's wrong with English football. Could you imagine a Carroll getting a game for a Spain or Holland? Players like Carroll should be lucky they are playing in the PL let alone international football. Just a battering ram who will throw a few elbows and power a few headers and shots in now and then. Of course he's better than Shols but the fact people are putting them in the same sentence sums up the standard Carroll is at.

Never rated him, don't miss him and certainly don't want him back.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah man.