Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

He is more physical than most, I wouldn't say he was immobile at all but was never impressed with his ground work. Even that goal against Liverpool seemed a little scuffed, it certainly wasn't a cracker. He never seemed to have that in his locker while he was here, may have smashed some amazing goals since he left but I haven't seen them.

He is unplayable when there is a lot of decent balls going into the box but that is about it imo.

I don't disagree with that but you can build a squad where you get a lot of decent balls into the box and then bob's your uncle  :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. He absolutely loves us and looks totally uncomfortable playing against us.

What a joke of a post. The Carroll worship continues. Not only are his technical skills (of which he has very little) exaggerated, now he's deliberately not scoring against us because "he loves us". Ya that's why he left us for Liverpool! You've had some idiotic posts but this one tops it all!

Bias against who?  I don't even dislike the bloke - I was surprised people booed him today as I see no reason to hold a grudge against him.  I was actually saying to my brother at the game that I feel a little sorry for him.  He just isn't very good.

That's just fucking stupid. Rewatch the Aston Villa game where we beat them 6-0. That game was as complete a centre forward display as I've ever seen. On his day Carroll can be absolutely unplayable. He's just been ravaged by injury, he'll never find any kind of form again until he can play consistently for a 6 months or so. The only reason I wouldn't have him back at SJP is because of his injury record, nothing to do with his ability at all.

I bet the guy regrets leaving us and chasing the money.

I've got absolutely no sympathy for a guy who had the exact same dream as me, achieved it, then threw it away for fucking Liverpool FC.

Not sure what I'd say if the club said "Liverpool have offered us £35m and we want to sell you, so off you go" but we've been here before.

I've got absolutely no sympathy for a guy who had the exact same dream as me, achieved it, then threw it away for f***ing Liverpool FC.

He may and he may not. He's set up for life with the two moves. He might not have gotten that in 10 years with us. He's also probably thinking that had he not been sold he could have struggled to get another contract with us based on the amount of injuries he's picked up.

I struggle to believe that his contract at Newcastle wouldn't have set him up for life, like. Let's say he was on something 'modest' like £30k a week. In ten years that's over £15m.

Pure greed. Obviously, he's one of hundreds.

I've got absolutely no sympathy for a guy who had the exact same dream as me, achieved it, then threw it away for f***ing Liverpool FC.

He may and he may not. He's set up for life with the two moves. He might not have gotten that in 10 years with us. He's also probably thinking that had he not been sold he could have struggled to get another contract with us based on the amount of injuries he's picked up.

I know we're not the biggest payers but come on. :lol:

Bias against who?  I don't even dislike the bloke - I was surprised people booed him today as I see no reason to hold a grudge against him.  I was actually saying to my brother at the game that I feel a little sorry for him.  He just isn't very good.

That's just f***ing stupid. Rewatch the Aston Villa game where we beat them 6-0. That game was as complete a centre forward display as I've ever seen. On his day Carroll can be absolutely unplayable. He's just been ravaged by injury, he'll never find any kind of form again until he can play consistently for a 6 months or so. The only reason I wouldn't have him back at SJP is because of his injury record, nothing to do with his ability at all.

Caveat caveat caveat. On his day, Kenwyn Jones is unplayable.

Carroll was good against a poor Villa side. Any more examples of Carroll being 'absolutely unplayable'? Any against good defences?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. He absolutely loves us and looks totally uncomfortable playing against us.

agree.

people judge him by his price tag...not his fault. his england goal against sweden is so good, great option to have.