Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

He has been shite ever since he left like, don't even think it can be disputed. Injured, shite, unfit - he's simply jumped from one to the other. Didn't want him both of the last 2 summers and still wouldn't want him back now.

Looked decent at the back end of last season, hence the reason why West Ham foolishly spunked most of their transfer budget on him.

He's one of the better strikers I've ever seen play for the club, guy was looking like a world beater in the half season before he was sold.

Think he'll end up being a Duncan Ferguson type who is impossible to deal with on his day but ends up injured too much.

Always seems to be more hype and bluster with him than ever actually happening. I'm scared everytime we play him expecting him to score but he's been massively shite every time. Like can't even trap a ball bad. His record is like 1 in 6 since going too looking briefly.

I can't really remember his upturn of form at the end of last season such was I avoiding all football other than ours, but I'll take people's word for it.

Guest neesy111

This board was going fucking mental when we were selling him, regardless of the fee. It wasn't just because we weren't going to replace him either, it was because he looked brilliant for us.

Think it was mainly to do with how the whole transfer played out, his form and the fact he was a local lad.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

We had almost none of that when he was at his best for us. :lol:

That's why I think that any team with Carroll leading the line would struggle to break in the top half of the table... unless they have some of the attributes I mentioned above  :lol:

I'm with Ronaldo on this one, he can be unplayable set up right and his career is rather sad really considering what might have been. Having said that as have said not sure any team in premier league is set up right, needs genuine quality wide players, not Jarvis and Downing. Not sure there are any about anymore mind.

I'm with Ronaldo on this one, he can be unplayable set up right and his career is rather sad really considering what might have been. Having said that as have said not sure any team in premier league is set up right, needs genuine quality wide players, not Jarvis and Downing. Not sure there are any about anymore mind.

He can sometimes look unplayable in the air.  Occasionally.  That's it.

As I said earlier, if he was playing up front for us alongside Remy, with Debuchy and Sissoko one side, and some left wingers who could do crosses the other side, we'd be scoring plenty. Teams aren't built for his type anymore, and I'm glad we're not in a way, but people talk as if he's no better than Shola ffs.

As I said earlier, if he was playing up front for us alongside Remy, with Debuchy and Sissoko one side, and some left wingers who could do crosses the other side, we'd be scoring plenty. Teams aren't built for his type anymore, and I'm glad we're not in a way, but people talk as if he's no better than Shola ffs.

Of course he's better than Shola - but he is just incredibly limited.

Bias against who?  I don't even dislike the bloke - I was surprised people booed him today as I see no reason to hold a grudge against him.  I was actually saying to my brother at the game that I feel a little sorry for him.  He just isn't very good.

He is more physical than most, I wouldn't say he was immobile at all but was never impressed with his ground work. Even that goal against Liverpool seemed a little scuffed, it certainly wasn't a cracker. He never seemed to have that in his locker while he was here, may have smashed some amazing goals since he left but I haven't seen them.

He is unplayable when there is a lot of decent balls going into the box but that is about it imo.