Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

2010 might just turn out to be one of the most pivotal years in our history and from February onwards he was the best player by a mile.

'f***ing s****.' Honestly. What the hell does that make Shola?

He's had 1 and a bit very good seasons (half being at a lower level) in 6 years. I can see why people don't rate him.

Don't understand how anyone on here can knock Carroll as a player when fit. He's a brilliant centre foward WHEN he's 100%. You can laugh at the price tag and his fitness record, but he was a beast for us and would be again if he could stay fit.

Guest Howaythetoon

I discount the Championship, when fit even Shola looked a world beater. Carroll had a brief purple patch at NUFC but even then he still looked like an average or limited footballer. Since leaving us he has looked like a complete and utter cart hoarse. I work in Liverpool a lot and a good number of Reds reckon he is up there with the worst they have ever seen in their colours.

Guest palnese

I discount the Championship, when fit even Shola looked a world beater. Carroll had a brief purple patch at NUFC but even then he still looked like an average or limited footballer. Since leaving us he has looked like a complete and utter cart hoarse. I work in Liverpool a lot and a good number of Reds reckon he is up there with the worst they have ever seen in their colours.

No he didn't. He had pretty much everything.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's just turned 25. I'm not saying he's a great player but it's laughable that folk still want to stick the knife in when he's proved himself to be better than all of our forwards bar Remy.

Saying he is better than Shola and Cisse in the form he is in is akin to saying Stalin was better than Hittler. He is a shit footballer end of. The fact he is strong or a handful doesn't make him a good footballer. He has no footballing redeeming features whatsoever.

He's just turned 25. I'm not saying he's a great player but it's laughable that folk still want to stick the knife in when he's proved himself to be better than all of our forwards bar Remy.

Don't think he's proven himself to be better than Cisse.

Guest Howaythetoon

No he didn't. He had pretty much everything.

Like what? Anyway if he was this unstoppable, unplayable, ultimate CF he wouldn't be at WH put it that way. The reason he was allowed to leave Liverpool at such a huge loss is because he is shite and nothing could ever disguise that fact. I guarantee he will never ever amount to more than what he is right now, an injury prone WH target man.

Saying he is better than Shola and Cisse in the form he is in is akin to saying Stalin was better than Hittler. He is a shit footballer end of. The fact he is strong or a handful doesn't make him a good footballer. He has no footballing redeeming features whatsoever.

20 goals or thereabouts with his feet in 2010 says this post might be bullshit.

Never rated this lad and never will. Horrible player and all that's wrong with English football.

Agreed. He has no technique, no vision, no skills. He is just a big lump who is strong and a bit physical. Its only throw-backs like Dalglish and Allardyce that have kept someone like Carroll a PL player. He had a purple patch for us for a brief spell but he still looked a bang average footballer and in time I reckon he'd have become just another Shola type for us, but without the professionalism and right attitude.

2 shocking posts there. Whatever his weaknesses, he'd walk into our side when fit.

Agree. Would make an excellent focal point for our attack if fully fit. Unplayable when fit and served correctly. Good out when under pressure too .

When was the last time he was unplayable over a consistent period though?

Consistently?  Probably as a Newcastle player. I'd willingly pay 6 million or so to see if he could recreate what he had before. Bet he wishes he could have the last 3 years back.

Guest neesy111

Carroll is a decent striker on his day.  Should remember he's just coming back from a 7 month lay-off into a very poor side.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

The problem with Carroll is that your whole team needs to be built around him. You need 2 wingers who can cross on each side, 2 midfielders who can also put a decent ball on his head, a striker who can anticipate and gamble on knockdowns, a back four who can also launch it forward on his head and a keeper who has a decent kicking. Think that definitely rules us out  :lol:

Shola's career is arguably over when this season ends and has scored 51 club goals, Carroll still has 5-8 years left and has so far scored 31 club goals.

Conversation over.

Probably the best thing you'e wrote on here, although I don't think the stats are right.

Never rated this lad and never will. Horrible player and all that's wrong with English football.

Agreed. He has no technique, no vision, no skills. He is just a big lump who is strong and a bit physical. Its only throw-backs like Dalglish and Allardyce that have kept someone like Carroll a PL player. He had a purple patch for us for a brief spell but he still looked a bang average footballer and in time I reckon he'd have become just another Shola type for us, but without the professionalism and right attitude.

2 shocking posts there. Whatever his weaknesses, he'd walk into our side when fit.

:thup:

He has been shite ever since he left like, don't even think it can be disputed. Injured, shite, unfit - he's simply jumped from one to the other. Didn't want him both of the last 2 summers and still wouldn't want him back now.

He was just starting to get a bit of form when Dogleash got the tin tack to be fair to him. Obviously Blobfish didn't want a bar of him. But he did ok for England at Euro 12 when he was called upon. I still think there is a very good target man centre forward in there somewhere.

He has been shite ever since he left like, don't even think it can be disputed. Injured, shite, unfit - he's simply jumped from one to the other. Didn't want him both of the last 2 summers and still wouldn't want him back now.

Looked decent at the back end of last season, hence the reason why West Ham foolishly spunked most of their transfer budget on him.

He's one of the better strikers I've ever seen play for the club, guy was looking like a world beater in the half season before he was sold.

Think he'll end up being a Duncan Ferguson type who is impossible to deal with on his day but ends up injured too much.