Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Why would anyone pine for the glory days of Mark Hateley?

You should be able to explain better than anyone :lol:

Why? Because I think Cisse is crap at football?

You also were in favour of Carroll coming back and a big sceptic about Anita I believe, based on his size. You seem to have changed your tune somewhat lately though.

I want us to compete. Physically and technically. Sissoko's a big strong lad and i'm not sold on him either.

Precisely. You put competing physically above competing technically. That sentence there just epitomises it. You do need players to compete, but the better ones use their movement and passing to avoid geting into physical wars and run rings round the old fashioned Stoke type teams these days.

I'm talking strength & athleticism. The best Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Dortmund sides in recent times could be flat-track bully's at times. Even us under SBR - often simply too fast for the opposition.

The only great team in recent memory to give up a sizable amount of physicality to opposition in recent years is Barcelona. And especially in recent years, they've been bullied and beaten by teams that can make that count.

We have a good technical side but they are not good enough to give up a sizable physicality to the opposition. Case in point - Debuchy. I don't see much of the superior technical skill we heard about. Aye, he passes it along the deck better than Simpson but so far that's it. I think he's just adjusting to the league and will come good eventually. But he looks half a second too slow for the division. He's not managed to use this supposed superior technical ability because at the moment, he can't compete physically. Once he can compete physically, then we'll see his technical abilities much more.

Generally, the best players in the world now are fantastic athletes anyway.

With regards to Carroll. He can hold up the ball, bring others into play and help move the team forward. With Cisse the ball bounces off him time and time again and we lose possession. Bloody RVP can hold off a defender ffs.

Scotty where you born in 1966?

The England strikers I grew up with are Lineker, Shearer, Sheringham, Owen & Rooney.

I don't see the parallels with Carroll and Lambert if there's none with Sturridge and co. apart from one thing...

I'd just like to see us with a different form of striker for a while.Doesn't mean we have to play 4-4-2 or long ball.

We've never had a Carroll type CF. Shearer is similar is some respects (ability in the air,strength),Heskey was....well Heskey. Crouch just fouls everyone,can't think of any others although i'm probably missing someone obvious.

Maybe I've caught the Lambert train too early but him and Carroll up front would be better (imo) than Sturridge and Welbeck.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c486198c62984f93a91e62be6c218667/tumblr_mlgq3cttym1qevligo1_500.gif

Man, Scotty's taking the English team back to the stone ages. Two big lads up front, Pardew-tastic.

Sturridge for #9, tbh. He's the most in-form striker anyway. Him and Rooney could form a pretty potent partnership. I don't even rate Welbeck to be honest.

Why would anyone pine for the glory days of Mark Hateley?

You should be able to explain better than anyone :lol:

Why? Because I think Cisse is crap at football?

You also were in favour of Carroll coming back and a big sceptic about Anita I believe, based on his size. You seem to have changed your tune somewhat lately though.

I want us to compete. Physically and technically. Sissoko's a big strong lad and i'm not sold on him either.

Precisely. You put competing physically above competing technically. That sentence there just epitomises it. You do need players to compete, but the better ones use their movement and passing to avoid geting into physical wars and run rings round the old fashioned Stoke type teams these days.

I'm talking strength & athleticism. The best Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Dortmund sides in recent times could be flat-track bully's at times. Even us under SBR - often simply too fast for the opposition.

The only great team in recent memory to give up a sizable amount of physicality to opposition in recent years is Barcelona. And especially in recent years, they've been bullied and beaten by teams that can make that count.

We have a good technical side but they are not good enough to give up a sizable physicality to the opposition. Case in point - Debuchy. I don't see much of the superior technical skill we heard about. Aye, he passes it along the deck better than Simpson but so far that's it. I think he's just adjusting to the league and will come good eventually. But he looks half a second too slow for the division. He's not managed to use this supposed superior technical ability because at the moment, he can't compete physically. Once he can compete physically, then we'll see his technical abilities much more.

Generally, the best players in the world now are fantastic athletes anyway.

With regards to Carroll. He can hold up the ball, bring others into play and help move the team forward. With Cisse the ball bounces off him time and time again and we lose possession. Bloody RVP can hold off a defender ffs.

A shit physical player who is tough and hard is still shit though. Otherwise Mick MCarthy's Sunderland would have won the league instead of getting relegated. You are too quick to write off players like Anita and Sissoko on account you see them as too small/ not hard enough tacklers so you must have been shocked to see them dominate the midfield battle against the bruisers of West Ham.

Man, Scotty's taking the English team back to the stone ages. Two big lads up front, Pardew-tastic.

Sturridge for #9, tbh. He's the most in-form striker anyway. Him and Rooney could form a pretty potent partnership. I don't even rate Welbeck to be honest.

Big lads up top,Rooney sitting behind,wingers who mix it up between cutting inside and crossing for the big lads. If that fails bring the quick lads on for a burst towards the end of the game.

Reckon I could win a World Cup ya know  :mou:

I think the problem is that the whole two big lads up front tactic will be far too stifling, too stagnant, and England don't have wingers (Milner, Downing?) who can cross like Beckham once did. If anything, have Carroll or Lambert win headers for Sturridge to chase, but that leaves the question of Rooney.

Scotty where you born in 1966?

The England strikers I grew up with are Lineker, Shearer, Sheringham, Owen & Rooney.

I don't see the parallels with Carroll and Lambert if there's none with Sturridge and co. apart from one thing...

I'd just like to see us with a different form of striker for a while.Doesn't mean we have to play 4-4-2 or long ball.

We've never had a Carroll type CF. Shearer is similar is some respects (ability in the air,strength),Heskey was....well Heskey. Crouch just fouls everyone,can't think of any others although i'm probably missing someone obvious.

Maybe I've caught the Lambert train too early but him and Carroll up front would be better (imo) than Sturridge and Welbeck.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqOX5140PX3R1fGns-vWLRH_jTJFSR8BqQR0rnD8-5SaocZ2r-

College Dropout's just a shit Ronaldo like, it has to be said.

What the fuck is this supposed to mean? :lol:

Just seen this :laugh:

Spot-on description. He's trying and failing at filling the gaping forum heel void.

Most people here are deluded when it comes to NUFC. All I've said is tat the players that finished 16th have played like shut and people are up in arms. Unbelievable.

Rookie mistake, Ronaldo never tries to justify himself.  WNB.

plantar fascia injury, mine always fucking hurts for no reason, feels like the skin on the bottom of my feet are tearing when walking.

Didnt think it was an injury mind, just one of them pains people get now and then.

plantar fascia injury, mine always fucking hurts for no reason, feels like the skin on the bottom of my feet are tearing when walking.

Didnt think it was an injury mind, just one of them pains people get now and then.

fucks sake i've got that and all, it's been unbearable until fairly recently

• 2 months later...

Spoke with the bloke from WH and he says the sole of Carroll's foot splits just about everytime he plays and that he's a million miles from recovery. He added that there is a real possibility that he may not recover, that FS is coming under real pressure from the owners and the fans.