Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Howaythetoon

West Ham please, I have a soft spot for Villa :thup:

Your jokes are getting out of line now like.

No joke, Villa Park was my first ever away game (2-0 win Cole and Lee), I respect Brummie the poster and I know how much it would upset him and I work a lot there and have never once encountered any anti bias or feelings regarding NUFC or us Geordies as fans, people or our City, the opposite infact. I’m not so easily upset/offended/hurt or whatever by a few banners, chants etc. when they sent us down. If anything I’m more embarrassed that our own fanbase (which I’m sure is in a minority anyway) would love it to paraphrase a certain messiah of ours if they went down, all because of that day and how a minority of their own fans reacted to our own relegation which is more small time, sad and pathetic.

If that’s what we as fans are reduced to these days and any rivalries, we’ll, you can keep it.

I don’t mind Villa, they are irrelevant either. I regard them as a historical big club, with a decent fanbase, a decent away day and whose fans and people in general I’ve never had any problem with or issues and I certainly refuse to let a few banners or chants get to me in ways that hurt my own sensitivities. Leave the self pitty, sense of injustice and petty insecurities to the mackems and Scousers.

We are Geordies FFS, who are hard as nails and go topless when the sun fucks off and winter comes, but here man, Sob on the Tyne fucking cut deep man!

Perleeese...

Bournemouth are such a Shitty little club they need to go.

I mean it is annoying that they haven’t really pushed on, either on the field, or even with their stadium. However I don’t think you can just call them a shitty little club like. Yeah ok so they are possibly at a higher level than they ought to be if you go via fan base, or even facilities, but they are nowhere as near as offensive as the likes of Wigan.

In contrast in the relegation battle you have West Ham who are owned by the biggest set of con merchants going, with a mouth piece attention seeker helping run them, and a fan base that is too often mixed up with racists and hooligans. Ok I think the majority of West Ham fans will be honest good and down to earth people, but even they would admit that they have a problem within their supporter base.

At Villa, the vocal fans love to portray themselves as a traditional club who are worthy of more, yet lambast fans of other clubs who say they desire more. They also seem to get offended by the suggestion of having a rivalry with us, yet push to have a rivalry with us.

In my view Bournemouth are inoffensive, and I think that’s why many fans within the Premier League are offended by them.

No joke, Villa Park was my first ever away game (2-0 win Cole and Lee), I respect Brummie the poster and I know how much it would upset him and I work a lot there and have never once encountered any anti bias or feelings regarding NUFC or us Geordies as fans, people or our City, the opposite infact. I’m not so easily upset/offended/hurt or whatever by a few banners, chants etc. when they sent us down. If anything I’m more embarrassed that our own fanbase (which I’m sure is in a minority anyway) would love it to paraphrase a certain messiah of ours if they went down, all because of that day and how a minority of their own fans reacted to our own relegation which is more small time, sad and pathetic.

If that’s what we as fans are reduced to these days and any rivalries, we’ll, you can keep it.

I don’t mind Villa, they are irrelevant either. I regard them as a historical big club, with a decent fanbase, a decent away day and whose fans and people in general I’ve never had any problem with or issues and I certainly refuse to let a few banners or chants get to me in ways that hurt my own sensitivities. Leave the self pitty, sense of injustice and petty insecurities to the mackems and Scousers.

We are Geordies FFS, who are hard as nails and go topless when the sun fucks off and winter comes, but here man, Sob on the Tyne fucking cut deep man!

Perleeese...

Aston Villa are a steaming pile of shit.

Perleeese...

In my opinion there is a section of their support who want a rivalry with us.

When we went down they took the loss, and you could say fair enough and every club would. Some fans who were there though said it didn’t stop there and outside the ground after the game they overstepped the mark.

When we came back up and played them away, I remember they interviewed the fans who did the banners. He was saying how people took his banners to far, he thinks fans should have a laugh with each other, yet also got offended that our fans were preparing to do something to have a laugh at them. He basically came across as a fan who was quite happy to dish it out, but unprepared to receive it.

In my view I have nothing against the club (Terry aside) or indeed the majority of their fans. They are historically a big club. The animosity towards them from me stopped when they scored the goal that sent us up as Champions. We also had a nice 6-0 win against them when we came up the first time.

The only reason why I’d like them to go down is to put the fans who still have a go at us and still wish I’ll on us in their place. Is that unfair on their loyal down to earth fans? Yes, but I guess relegation is unfair on those fans of any club.

Guest chopey

I just prefer clubs with big support, nowt worse than sitting in st James with a few hundred away fans sitting up level 7 making no atmosphere at all, Bournemouth haven't had one sell out this season so there would be no point expanding beyond the current 12000 capacity anyway

I just prefer clubs with big support, nowt worse than sitting in st James with a few hundred away fans sitting up level 7 making no atmosphere at all, Bournemouth haven't had one sell out this season so there would be no point expanding beyond the current 12000 capacity anyway

I think one of the main reasons why they want a new stadium is that they don’t own their current one and aren’t happy with it’s owners who are unprepared to put make improvements. I’m sure it only just adhere’s to Premier League standards, that’s in terms of facilities like changing rooms etc. In time even the Championship will improve in standard and I guess they fear they might get left behind.

Shame Norwich are done. West Ham villa and Watford would have been delicious. Certainly hoping bournemouth pull out of it to relegate villa and west ham. Not that I really wish it on any fans, still a bit of a taste in the mouth with how villa fans celebrated our demise though and west ham are probably as badly run a club as us.

Cant be long until we are mathematically safe considering the clubs below play each other a bit.

Just curious how are West Ham run as badly as us, they spend in the transfer Market, badly aye but at least they put their hands in their pocket.

I get the dildo brothers aren't popular, but in a different way to Ashley like.

Think you answered your own question. Run as badly as us but in a different way. Owners certainly as dislikeable as each other though.

What way though ?

I can never get West ham to tell me how either, and I'm surrounded by them down here.

Backed their managers with funds, Appointed a West Ham legend the fans wanted, then appointed a manager who had won the Premier League, none of them complained about at the time about him.

Moyes on the other hand in his two spells, i get that but no one can put up reason for their complaints apart from him really..

Think you answered your own question. Run as badly as us but in a different way. Owners certainly as dislikeable as each other though.

What way though ?

I can never get West ham to tell me how either, and I'm surrounded by them down here.

Backed their managers with funds, Appointed a West Ham legend the fans wanted, then appointed a manager who had won the Premier League, none of them complained about at the time about him.

Moyes on the other hand in his two spells, i get that but no one can put up reason for their complaints apart from him really..

Rather much like us though wasn’t it. The good manager they got was due to fan pressure to get away from the old manager merry go round, and they still got rid of him and jumped back on it, like us.

There has been a suggestion that the players they have bought have been due to formerly agents who could provide kickbacks, much like how we got Joelinton and ASM.

Don’t forget that they sold their stadium, and moved them into a temporary structure that is not fit for purpose. The club are paying £2m per year for the lease at the Olympic stadium, don’t have to pay running costs or even staff costs, and recoup all the matchday proceeds. The lease if for 100 years, meaning 2 years in the Premier League has paid for the stadium. Meanwhile the funds for selling Upton Park have somehow gone missing.

Would you not be pissed off if that happened to us?

The stadium move was/is a bug bear with the West Ham fans I know, but none have mentioned the money from the sale of Upton Park, not dismissing it but it's not something they've said to me.

The main gripe is the distance to the pitch, and not really wanting to go there in the first place. The main thing is they say is the owners lack of ambition, but that's utter nonsense with how they've spent.

When you point out the transfer money, it's denial of the facts with the ones I talk to. Obviously it's only a small selection I'm talking to but they're are thousands down here. It actually benefits Southend United as a lot go and see them, it's always been that way since I was a kid.

Also when talking to certain West Ham fans, they can turn in a second if they seem to be losing an argument. It's wannabe gangster, bowling of the shoulder walks types. Stereotypical but sadly true, Essex thing innit.

The stadium move was/is a bug bear with the West Ham fans I know, but none have mentioned the money from the sale of Upton Park, not dismissing it but it's not something they've said to me.

The main gripe is the distance to the pitch, and not really wanting to go there in the first place. The main thing is they say is the owners lack of ambition, but that's utter nonsense with how they've spent.

When you point out the transfer money, it's denial of the facts with the ones I talk to. Obviously it's only a small selection I'm talking to but they're are thousands down here. It actually benefits Southend United as a lot go and see them, it's always been that way since I was a kid.

Also when talking to certain West Ham fans, they can turn in a second if they seem to be losing an argument. It's wannabe gangster, bowling of the shoulder walks types. Stereotypical but sadly true, Essex thing innit.

Aye, I get the argument that they have possibly had it better than others in terms of the players coming through, however let’s not pretend that their owners are decent owners, have the club at heart, or are even respectable people.

The stadium thing alone would be enough to piss every fan from every club right off.

If they bought that site and rebuilt a stadium there for football then there wouldn’t be a problem at all. They could have done that, but they didn’t.

Put it this way, West Ham and Spurs were fighting over that land. You could say Spurs didn’t really wanted it and used the fight to leverage their council into buying the last remaining bit of land they needed and approving the plans. The thing is though Spurs were still saying they were prepared to built their stadium on that site.

Look at the 2 clubs now. West Ham have a stadium that is devoid of atmosphere, fans complain about being away from the action. They have installed seating closer to the pitch, but it it rains then the fans sitting there get wet because theirs no roof.

In their 2nd season they had to ask to play some games away from home because it was being used for athletics. The facilities are pretty much outside, toilets are nothing more than portable toilets, and the food kiosks are just huts, much like the temporary away stand at Fulham.

It is a stadium in name only. There is no way the government should have said that they could have it without requiring them to pretty much rebuild it. There is no way the Premier League, or even FA should have allowed it to be used as a permanent stadium.

It is the end result of whatever said it would be. Everyone involved in the stadium were so desperate for it to remain to show that it wasn’t just a government push to push money into London and to prevent it being another Millennium Dome disaster, where there was no use planned for it afterwards. In hindsight, it was always going to be a bunch of chances and freeloaders who took it on afterwards. Lessons should have been learned from the Millennium Dome, and the concerns of the public about it being a white elephant. Lessons should have been learnt from how Man City were able to convert the stadium into a football stadium by planning ahead of it’s construction for it to be easily converted.

The public and press weren’t listen too, the lessons were not learnt, and now everyone looks at Spurs’ stadium with a ‘what could have been attitude’, for the West Ham fans, that’s with sorrow and anger, for the West Ham owners, that’s with a profit, for everyone else, it’s disappointment, and occasionally laughter.

My dad's a Villa fan (born in Dudley) so I've been to Villa park more than any other "away" ground. Got a real soft spot for that ground, so many amazing memories as a kid.

However, Villa as a club can get to fuck.

My dad's a Villa fan (born in Dudley) so I've been to Villa park more than any other "away" ground. Got a real soft spot for that ground, so many amazing memories as a kid.

However, Villa as a club can get to fuck.

It is a great ground. I've nostalgic memories of it as a fantastic FA Cup semi final venue.

Villa (2 points from 4 games), Watford (1 point from 3 games), West Ham (0 point from 2 games), Bournemouth (0 points from 2 games).

Only 4 goals scored in those 11 games. It's going to be so tight. Honestly think 2 wins, or 1 win and 3 draws will be enough to stay up.

Can't see Bournemouth getting any points from thoses fixtures ,  Boiling down to Watford or villa for me if West ham keep Antonio fit

Whos going down with Norwich then? I'm going with Villa and Bournemouth

Remaining games...

Villa: Liverpool, Man U, Palace, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham-Current position: 18th-Current points: 27-Current GD: -24

Bournemouth: Newcastle , Man U, Spurs, Leicester, Man City, Southampton, Everton Current position: 19th-Current points: 27-Current GD: -24

West Ham: Chelsea , Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Man U, Villa  Current position: 16th-Current points: 30-Current GD: -18

Watford: Southampton, Chelsea, Norwich, Newcastle, West Ham, Man City, Arsenal Current position: 17th-Current points: 28-Current GD: -18

Brighton : Man United, Norwich, Liverpool, Man City, Southampton, Newcastle, Burnley Current position: 15th-Current points: 33-Current GD: -10