Jeff Hendrick (on loan at Sheffield Wednesday)

gdm

Hendrick is better than both Longstaffs.

:lol:

Your avatar needs a fishing rod rather than an ax

He's not wrong though, based on last their performances last season. Hendrick played better than Matty vs Man Utd which was the best Longstaff performance last season.

Guest neesy111

He's played one game man. Jean Alain Boumsong is capable of playing good in one game, especially when it's his debut and he's eager to impress. I'll reserve judgement till I've seen him for at least a few months.

:thup:

It's a good start, but need to see him in more games against better opposition.

He's played one game man. Jean Alain Boumsong is capable of playing good in one game, especially when it's his debut and he's eager to impress. I'll reserve judgement till I've seen him for at least a few months.

Played one game for Newcastle yes. Hasnt shown anywhere near being clumsy enough as Boumsong during his time in the PL.

He's also played 30+ matches in the PL the last 4 seasons for a team that has done better than Newcastle, and is a full international. I think it's safe to say he is better than both at the moment, not just based on this 1 game. Longstaffs still has age on their side I guess.

He's also played 30+ matches in the PL the last 4 seasons for a team that has done better than Newcastle, and is a full international. I think it's safe to say he is better than both at the moment, not just based on this 1 game. Longstaffs still has age on their side I guess.

Amen brother.

I'm not saying Longstaff is definitely better right this moment, but lets be honest Sean Longstaff would get in that Burnley side they've got Ashley Westwood starting central midfield ffs. Longstaff would also get in the Ireland squad so I'm not too impressed with the fact he got games for Burnley in that midfield and gets picked over Glenn Whelan.

Guest Howaythetoon

Decent performance from him (and the team), but he’s bang fucking average as are most of our players, under a shit manager playing against a somehow worse West Ham side, although you have to factor the Moyes effect...

We’ve seen Sissoko tear it up against Chelsea and he was shit (miles better player than this fella though). Nowt to be excited about and if so, shows how desperate the situation at the club is right now where everything that isn’t shit is thank the Lord stuff.

Decent performance from him (and the team), but he’s bang fucking average as are most of our players, under a shit manager playing against a somehow worse West Ham side, although you have to factor the Moyes effect...

We’ve seen Sissoko tear it up against Chelsea and he was shit (miles better player than this fella though). Nowt to be excited about and if so, shows how desperate the situation at the club is right now where everything that isn’t shit is thank the Lord stuff.

Don't think anyone's excited over Jeff Hendrick and are fully aware he's nothing more than bang average. Canny performance from him though on Saturday and better than both Longstaffs iMvHo

We're all well aware of how desperate the situation is, that's why we're grateful for anything that isn't shit.

Sean Longstaff has - or certainly had, based on 18/19 - absolutely ridiculous potential tbh. He looked like he just about had it all. But it's probably not the most barmy call to suggest that Hendrick is a better option right now. Not that I know a great deal about the latter.

The Longstaffs are both works in progress, but they will improve and have the potential to add more technical ability to the midfield, which is where we are found wanting at the moment.

Whether at this precise moment, for a particular game, you might prefer Hendrick is a fair point, but the Longstaffs have got to be given a chance if we are to develop.

Aye, comparing a 28yo international with a 22yo and 20yo still taking their first steps in the game - of course Hendrick looked better. That's the challenge both the Longstaff brother have to contend with - displacing the likes of these senior pros

Aye, comparing a 28yo international with a 22yo and 20yo still taking their first steps in the game - of course Hendrick looked better. That's the challenge both the Longstaff brother have to contend with - displacing the likes of these senior pros

Agreed, and I hope they succeed in doing so. Time is running out for Sean though unless he has the eternal talent syndrome Ameobi had. He turns 23 in a month so it's critical that he manages to force himself into the side this season.