Everton 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/18 - Post-match reaction from page 10

BlueStar

3 at the back is working quite well at the moment

CBs are the only decent players we’ve got.

Harsh IMO, there's some decent players in midfield we just have very little in terms of difference makers and most of them are very flawed. But if used correctly Diame and Ki are decent players.

I know, I’m just exaggerating to suggest there are strong reasons we look good with a back 3.

:thup: Fair, i should have assumed as such.

Proper shithouse away performance today. I’d have been losing my shit if I’d been in the home end. Tactical fouling all over the place, be amazed if we’ve conceded more Freekicks and corners in years.

Their flair players soon cried off though so it worked well and the one time they built up a head of steam they scored, given the differential quality in both teams you can’t really complain either.

Fede, Mo and Ki all superb.

For all their possession, Everton didn't offer much in the second half. It was almost comfortable at the end (although every Toon fan expected the free kick from Atsu's foul to go in!)

They had the second least amount of shots on target of all the Premier League teams tonight.

Proper shithouse away performance today. I’d have been losing my shit if I’d been in the home end. Tactical fouling all over the place, be amazed if we’ve conceded more Freekicks and corners in years.

Yeah, some very clear yellows, and it could have been worse with a card-happy ref.

I was expecting the lads to tire and space to open up but it didn't happen. Everton simply got more frustrated and impatient.

The thing is - we have a top 7 goalkeeper, mid-table defense, bottom half midfield and Championship attacking line.

What do y'all expect?

That's a fair appraisal.  Probably why we are in this cycle of Aim for 17th>Scrape up>Have an off season>Go down>Walk the Championship>Stay up>Top Half>Struggle>Repeat.

We are never more than a minute away from crisis, and with such a weak squad in a league full of also-rans, that can see us go from 10th to 18th very quickly.

It's not the lack of playing quality that's the issue, it's the lack of stability and predictability in the background.

The thing is - we have a top 7 goalkeeper, mid-table defense, bottom half midfield and Championship attacking line.

What do y'all expect?

That's a fair appraisal.  Probably why we are in this cycle of Aim for 17th>Scrape up>Have an off season>Go down>Walk the Championship>Stay up>Top Half>Struggle>Repeat.

We are never more than a minute away from crisis, and with such a weak squad in a league full of also-rans, that can see us go from 10th to 18th very quickly.

It's not the lack of playing quality that's the issue, it's the lack of stability and predictability in the background.

It’s 100% the lack of playing quality.

What do y'all expect?

It’s 100% the lack of playing quality.

Which stems from the owners...