Everton 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/18 - Post-match reaction from page 10

BlueStar

Was expecting to be totally overwhelmed second half after the last 20 minutes of the first half but Eveton created fuck all. Shitter Atsu didn't bury one of the 2 chances (and really he should have burst the net with both) but can't be unhappy with a point.

Full time and excellent point really, they are nothing special, we should have won it at the end if Atsu wasn't absolute turd.

Good defensive display at the back but thought Lascelles looked shaky, Manquillo garbage as expected, thought Ki and Diame did well in the middle, excellent all round game from Rondon.

Thought the subs were a mistake and he should have tried something better than throwing the spanish chuckle brothers on, you know exactly what you'll get from both of them.

Bit harsh. Don't think anyone deserves any outright negative criticism tonight, certainly on the basis of the second half where everyone pulled together and snuffed Everton out.

Guest firetotheworks

Wolves struggling still... Infinitely Content[/member]

:lol:

Jiménez has been quietly brilliant for them this season.

A point away at Everton is a great result, it shouldn't be but that's where we are.

They are 6th mind, an away point to a top 6 team is always decent

I just mean a Newcastle United not shackled by Ashley wouldn't be where we are. However I am really happy with the result, not taking anything away from it, all the players can hold their heads high after that :thup:

Yeah I get that, and it was clear in your post but even if we were top 4 under new owners I'd still take a point away to the teams in the top 6.

Only City and maybe Liverpool this season should be disappointed with a point here, albeit I reckon at least 4-5 teams will leave Goodison with 3 points

As much as I don’t like Everton fans, and I have criticised Liverpool fans in the past, they know what a football club means to real fans. Ok so for Liverpool we are probably talking their real fans and not their clangers on, but still. That city just gets it.

3 at the back is working quite well at the moment

CBs are the only decent players we’ve got.

Harsh IMO, there's some decent players in midfield we just have very little in terms of difference makers and most of them are very flawed. But if used correctly Diame and Ki are decent players.

3 at the back is working quite well at the moment

CBs are the only decent players we’ve got.

Harsh IMO, there's some decent players in midfield we just have very little in terms of difference makers and most of them are very flawed. But if used correctly Diame and Ki are decent players.

I know, I’m just exaggerating to suggest there are strong reasons we look good with a back 3.