England

Yorkie

Why do people have to be offended or are being 'touchy' to think someone is being an arsehole? :lol: Seeing that loads recently.

They're being purposefully antagonistic so people think they're cunts. I doubt anyone's slicing their wrists over it.

Was Corluka really an arsehole? :lol:

I've never said anything about Corluka. I don't think anyone has other than you?

I haven't read every post.

No, it's a rational truth that many pundits have ignored throughout the tournament. (Yes, it's fine enjoying it, but some serious and honest analysis should have been disseminated, too. But hey, the goodfeel factor is bliss.)

Why do people have to be offended or are being 'touchy' to think someone is being an arsehole? :lol: Seeing that loads recently.

They're being purposefully antagonistic so people think they're cunts. I doubt anyone's slicing their wrists over it.

I completely agree. But some people are really fucking touchy over these Croatian players' comments  :lol: No doubt about it.

Are they not more touchy over being called touchy and being told to 'get over it' though? :lol:

I completely agree. But some people are really fucking touchy over these Croatian players' comments  :lol: No doubt about it.

Are they not more touchy over being called touchy and being told to 'get over it' though? :lol:

I dinna like, it's maybe a factor sure, but to even raise the "it's not coming home" thing as a grudge to hold with Croatia is sad as fuck, it's all an in-joke until someone else uses it against us and all of sudden they're being arseholes, howay man  :lol:

I've never said anything about Corluka. I don't think anyone has other than you?

Just read back. I'm not arsed about someone saying "it's not coming home" after we were eventually knocked out. It was always going to be the obvious reaction.

It's a piss take in response to a pisstake.

I dinna like, it's maybe a factor sure, but to even raise the "it's not coming home" thing as a grudge to hold with Croatia is sad as fuck, it's all an in-joke until someone else uses it against us and all of sudden they're being arseholes, howay man  :lol:

I have no issue with that like :lol:

I'm assuming that was a blatant light hearted wind-up.

You didn't say anything about anybody. Sorry for making an assumption. I got the Corluka comment from here but I'm not going to go back looking for it.

I have no issue with that like :lol:

I'm assuming that was a blatant light hearted wind-up.

:thup:

Some do though, and it's not unreasonable to suggest that's being too touchy or easily-offended (which is what that post was aimed at, maybe we're referring to completely different things here?)

You didn't say anything about anybody. Sorry for making an assumption. I got the Corluka comment from here but I'm not going to go back looking for it.

To clarify like I have no issue with other countries taking the piss out of us, it's the needlessly snipey remarks that come across as a bit weird and bitter.

I'm the last person who takes life too seriously. Existence has been a joke thus far :lol:

Edit: * a cruel, cruel joke.

Not saying you do tbf, just that's been my experience with a lot of people who get pissed off with the whole thing.

Three of my friends were beyond happy because "It's not coming home". Super pissed at the perceived English arrogance. Tried to explain the concept of jokes and banter to them, but deaf ears.

Guest firetotheworks

It wasn’t an assesment of the game, it was a blatant dig that was hapf accurate unless he’s been misquoted. He’s been watching too much WWE

It's not really half accurate from his perspective though is it? He played England once and they spent a large portion of the game playing poor football. You can forgive him for thinking this 'new-look' England he was expecting was a load of nonsense.

Thinking? Yes. Saying it to the media afterwards? Nah.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hope Croatia win it, I’m sick of the same old nations winning things and I think a player like Modric deserves it for the career he has had. For such a tiny nation them winning the WC would hopefully inspire other nations. I can’t stand Deschamps or half the French team and hope they choke big time.

It wasn’t an assesment of the game, it was a blatant dig that was hapf accurate unless he’s been misquoted. He’s been watching too much WWE

It's not really half accurate from his perspective though is it? He played England once and they spent a large portion of the game playing poor football. You can forgive him for thinking this 'new-look' England he was expecting was a load of nonsense.

Thinking? Yes. Saying it to the media afterwards? Nah.

Maybe his etiquette was a bit off there, aye, fair enough.

Bit mad how Croatia are in the final on the back of three 1-1 draws in the knockout stages like.

And yeah they're bad winners by the sounds of it. No mention of the fact England could've been out of sight by half time and were also the better side in the first half of extra time. It was a pretty even game overall, decided by a lucky bounce.

It's a huge achievement for Croatia to get there, shame they're wasting their time sniping at England instead of focusing on themselves.

Didn't Lascelles say something similar about Man Utd when they beat us earlier in the season to what Vrsaljko said?

Aye I raised that point a few pages back too. It's not to say it's necessarily right or the most polite, but it was being framed by a few as a nation problem in that "England players wouldn't have said that" which is clearly wrong when you think of Troy Deeney v Arsenal & Lascelles v Man Utd.

Was Perisic's goal a shot or a finish, btw?

Either way it should have been disallowed. Far too casual of a finish for me.

Twats like you are thinking that you're embarrassing me with this 'casual' shit. (and it truly is a shit joke perpetuated by sados .)

But you're not embarrassing me in the least :lol:. I actually take pleasure from it because it reminds me that weak shits like you wouldn't actually dare to do that to someone's face constantly.

Yeah, Perez's touch was casual, it was bit lucky that it went in. (But you stick to your comfort and conformity zone and I'll post what I like)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also in my experience most people outside of England have taken the "It's coming home" thing as being something that English people genuinely believed rather than the half joke/half excitement which it was which is what annoyed Croatia IMO.

Also in my experience most people outside of England have taken the "It's coming home" thing as being something that English people genuinely believed rather than the half joke/half excitement which it was which is what annoyed Croatia IMO.

What? My experience is the opposite. So much people were supporting England due to it, just because it would be extremely funny if they did end up winning it.