NUWFC (the lasses)

Stifler

Ok, so this is hardly a priority or a major concern in relation to the club overall, but in the last few years it has began to bug me.

In 2016 the NUFC women’s team became a part of the NUFC club again. Since then little has happened. The women’s page on the website is not updated. The men’s team twitter page doesn’t even retweet the tweets from the female team.

A year or so ago the woman’s super league were asking for clubs to turn professional, NUFC did not apply for their to become professional.

Man City pretty much have a dedicated stadium of about a 10k capacity for their woman’s team. Spurs and Liverpool have both recently got very good crowds at their stadiums for their female teams.

Does NUFC even have an academy for or training faculty for young girls to play at?

I’m not asking for the woman’s team to be winning things, but when we are the biggest club in the region, our club as a whole should be looking to give women and girls in the region an outlet, faculties to play, or even a team to support.

Couple of questions...

Why can't the game just grow organically?

What makes anyone think Mike Ashley is going to spend money for absolutely nothing in return. Paddling pools at the training ground and all that.

I hate MA as much as anyone, but having a go at him and the men's team for doing little to nothing for the women's team is a bit daft tbh.

Couple of questions...

What makes anyone think Mike Ashley is going to spend money for absolutely nothing in return. Paddling pools at the training ground and all that.

I hate MA as much as anyone, but having a go at him and the men's team for doing little to nothing for the women's team is a bit daft tbh.

You need to have the facilities for it to grow. You can’t say girls should be better and not have a pitch for them to play on.

Like I said, I’m not expecting us to have a team competing with the likes of Man City and Arsenal who plow millions into their female teams. There is a complete lack of interest from NUFC in general regarding the female teams. The section of the website is out of date by years, and not even the main twitter account retweets about the female team etc.

Couple of questions...

You need to have the facilities for it to grow. You can’t say girls should be better and not have a pitch for them to play on.

Like I said, I’m not expecting us to have a team competing with the likes of Man City and Arsenal who plow millions into their female teams. There is a complete lack of interest from NUFC in general regarding the female teams. The section of the website is out of date by years, and not even the main twitter account retweets about the female team etc.

I agree stifler but in all honesty I don’t really care and I doubt many of the Newcastle fans do. I don’t agree with the boosting of things to create equality especially in sport it should be driven by demand

Couple of questions...

I agree stifler but in all honesty I don’t really care and I doubt many of the Newcastle fans do. I don’t agree with the boosting of things to create equality especially in sport it should be driven by demand

How can you say the demand isn’t there?

Every other region in England at least is seeing an increase in demand for facilities and interest in the woman’s game. You can’t just say it’s not happening in the North East. The reason our clubs aren’t doing well is because the club who were good with the woman’s game have fallen from the Premier League to L1 and they can’t afford to invest in their 1st team, let alone female team.

Here is an article where the person in charge of Sunderland’s team says the North East needs a woman’s academy.

https://netimesmagazine.co.uk/editorial/is-the-north-east-missing-an-open-goal-when-it-comes-to-womens-football/

Couple of questions...

How can you say the demand isn’t there?

Every other region in England at least is seeing an increase in demand for facilities and interest in the woman’s game. You can’t just say it’s not happening in the North East. The reason our clubs aren’t doing well is because the club who were good with the woman’s game have fallen from the Premier League to L1 and they can’t afford to invest in their 1st team, let alone female team.

Here is an article where the person in charge of Sunderland’s team says the North East needs a woman’s academy.

https://netimesmagazine.co.uk/editorial/is-the-north-east-missing-an-open-goal-when-it-comes-to-womens-football/

I didn’t say the demand isn’t there

I said it needs to match demand

No right minded business person would pump money into something that won’t make a return

I do agree there needs to be more though

But in real terms probably 1/ 1000 people would follow the women’s compared to the men’s team so can’t complain when the investment is way less?

It's fascinating with the women's game people become coldly logical. Needs to be a demand, has to be viable etc. But then on the men's side it's all heart over head fucking gan for it. A club our size with it's standing in the city should have a a women's that is competitive. We all know why we haven't, the cancer in our club that is ruining what NUFC should and could be.

It's fascinating with the women's game people become coldly logical. Needs to be a demand, has to be viable etc. But then on the men's side it's all heart over head fucking gan for it. A club our size with it's standing in the city should have a a women's that is competitive. We all know why we haven't, the cancer in our club that is ruining what NUFC should and could be.

There is demand for the men’s game though clearly so you are just a fuckinhg moron

Absolutely insane how much it angers some lads. It’d be hilarious if it wasn’t a bit worrying.

There is demand for the men’s game though clearly so you are just a fuckinhg moron

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/17/arsenal-tottenham-womens-super-league-wsl-match-report

Ok, so this is hardly a priority or a major concern in relation to the club overall, but in the last few years it has began to bug me.

In 2016 the NUFC women’s team became a part of the NUFC club again. Since then little has happened. The women’s page on the website is not updated. The men’s team twitter page doesn’t even retweet the tweets from the female team.

A year or so ago the woman’s super league were asking for clubs to turn professional, NUFC did not apply for their to become professional.

Man City pretty much have a dedicated stadium of about a 10k capacity for their woman’s team. Spurs and Liverpool have both recently got very good crowds at their stadiums for their female teams.

Does NUFC even have an academy for or training faculty for young girls to play at?

I’m not asking for the woman’s team to be winning things, but when we are the biggest club in the region, our club as a whole should be looking to give women and girls in the region an outlet, faculties to play, or even a team to support.

They were free, and decided to go back?!?  :lol:  :idiot2:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/17/arsenal-tottenham-womens-super-league-wsl-match-report

No idea what showing me a record crowd on an international weekend when England were playing on a different day when tickets were free is trying to prove?

No idea what showing me a record crowd on an international weekend when England were playing on a different day when tickets were free is trying to prove?

[emoji38]

[emoji38]

Do you have an answer rather than a smiley face ?

Absolutely insane how much it angers some lads. It’d be hilarious if it wasn’t a bit worrying.

Hail the Patriarchy, apparently...