Video Assistant Referees (VAR)

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing wrong with the technology, it's the way they're using it. I was under the impression it was to check clear and obvious errors, not borderline offside calls. Also, giving the decision to the referee when to review and when to stick/overturn just means there's as much human error as ever.

It's also been compounded by the ridiculous hand ball rules they've brought in.

PAE's goal is why we have VAR. The game's challenge is not all errors are so clear and obvious.

That goal counts with or without VAR imo. I bet the lino wouldn't have even raised his flag in the pre-VAR era. You might as well do these days, though, because the technology will overturn any wrong decision. Takes the pressure off, I suppose.

Seems a heavy price to pay though, if the benefits of the system are revealed so infrequently.

PAE's goal is why we have VAR. The game's challenge is not all errors are so clear and obvious.

That goal counts with or without VAR imo. I bet the lino wouldn't have even raised his flag in the pre-VAR era. You might as well do these days, though, because the technology will overturn any wrong decision. Takes the pressure off, I suppose.

Seems a heavy price to pay though, if the benefits of the system are revealed so infrequently.

Is it not riskier to flag, though? If the ref agrees I don’t think he can go to VAR? Better to keep it down.

That makes no sense. VAR would surely encourage him not to raise the flag if anything

Nothing wrong with the technology, it's the way they're using it. I was under the impression it was to check clear and obvious errors, not borderline offside calls. Also, giving the decision to the referee when to review and when to stick/overturn just means there's as much human error as ever.

The argument is that offsides are a factual black and white decision so any offside is a clear and obvious error

The argument is that offsides are a factual black and white decision so any offside is a clear and obvious error

Yet they've managed to make a mess of them. Some borderline calls being given, others not. Decisions are as inconsistent as ever.

Right call on the PAE goal at least.

PAE's goal is why we have VAR.

Right call on the PAE goal at least.

Wtf? The guy is  Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, PEA if you must. Call me an acronym Nazi, but I don't need to wake up to this :lol: What are you people doing? Pierre-Abble Ebbleboomerang or something? I've got a headache already :lol:

Guest neesy111

Which still needs a margin of error like other sports who use technology have.

Pity it missed the clear handball prior to the goal like.

And Rashford's red.

And Xhakas red.

Pity it missed the clear handball prior to the goal like.

And Rashford's red.

And Xhakas red.

Can't remember.

He should have had about 4 yellows. Was just a weird game. Probably the worst game Friend has had.

I reckon Young could have been sent off as well. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...