Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Is that Benitez telling Ritchie to leave because if he stays he wants to make changes to the squad or is he giving advice for Ritchie to leave because he won't get the contract he wants by staying at Newcastle. It doesn't sound good for Benitez's future if the club are not even prepared to extend contracts for players nearing 30 years old or over never mind spending money on Rondon because I imagine Benitez is a fan of Ritchie and would like to keep his character in the squad.

Ashley or no Ashley, Rafa or no Rafa, Ritcihe needs to be moved on imo, along with any of the other borderline/flat out Championship standard players who've done a decent job (or temporarily over-performed) when asked but just aren't up to PL standard on anywhere near a consistent enough basis - the ones that we can sell that is. Needs to be done if we want to go beyond hoping to keep our necks above water till we eventually drown. Ritchie, Atsu, Murphy, Clarke, Gayle, Diame, Joselu, and Manquillo, if we can cash in on them do it sooner rather than later.

Ashley or no Ashley, Rafa or no Rafa, Ritchie needs to be moved on imo, along with any of the other borderline/flat out Championship standard players who've done a decent job (or temporarily over-performed) when asked but just aren't up to PL standard on anywhere near a consistent enough basis - the ones that we can sell that is. Needs to be done if we want to go beyond hoping to keep our necks above water till we eventually drown. Ritchie, Atsu, Murphy, Clarke, Gayle, Diame, Joselu, and Manquillo, if we can cash in on them do it sooner rather than later.

Agree :thup:

I’d cash in on him this summer too he’s turning 30 and we’d probably get over £10million for him still if we sell this summer.

Reinvest it back into a young talented wing back like N’Soki who we tried to buy last summer.

It wouldn’t happen but i’d rather we signed an upgrade and kept him as a squad player.  He’d be a useful player to have on the bench as he can cover a fair few positions and he seems a good character in the dressing room, which i think a lot of people underestimate.

Ashley or no Ashley, Rafa or no Rafa, Ritcihe needs to be moved on imo, along with any of the other borderline/flat out Championship standard players who've done a decent job (or temporarily over-performed) when asked but just aren't up to PL standard on anywhere near a consistent enough basis - the ones that we can sell that is. Needs to be done if we want to go beyond hoping to keep our necks above water till we eventually drown. Ritchie, Atsu, Murphy, Clarke, Gayle, Diame, Joselu, and Manquillo, if we can cash in on them do it sooner rather than later.

I get that we have to move some players on from the Championship season, but we can't afford to sell all the players you have named especially when the likes of Rondon, Shelvey, Hayden, Darlow, Elliot, Kenedy and maybe a couple of our best players will be sold as well in the summer. If we did that we are looking at buying 2 goalkeepers, 3 defenders, 3 centre midfielders, 4 wingers and 3 strikers in the summer which would be a disaster going into next season when you consider how slow the club is doing transfers.

if rafa is desperate to raise funds there's few players other than perez or the centre backs that are going to raise big bucks.

think shelvey's value has dropped but we should get double figures for hayden and ritchie.

its a case of whether he can get a better left wingback for the same price.

No doubting the commitment, leadership and he has quality. It is why I wasn't happy about him being linked away last season. I get why he needs replacing though and likewise at his age and character why he wont want to sit as a squad player.

I've been a critic of him and still think we need to replace with better. Having said that, I'd have him in the team if he could perform the way he did today consistently. That header leading up to the 3rd goal sums up his desire and determination. Immense.