Callum Wilson: sidelined for up to 12 weeks with pectoral injury (Hope)

Strawberry

An actual CF who can run the channels,  make runs into the box, a bit of hold up play and will shoot in and around box.  What is is this magic.  :lol:

When he chased a ball down midway in the first half and ran at the defender, he reminded me of Bellamy although not as quick. Loved how he always tried to look for Carroll when he had the chance to cross it. Very positive start and looking forward to seeing him play more.

An actual CF who can run the channels,  make runs into the box, a bit of hold up play and will shoot in and around box.  What is is this magic.  :lol:

When he chased a ball down midway in the first half and ran at the defender, he reminded me of Bellamy although not as quick. Loved how he always tried to look for Carroll when he had the chance to cross it. Very positive start and looking forward to seeing him play more.

weve not had this kind of player fur years.

The best Stricker we got since Ba?

I just dont understand the fact why we dont sign a proper strickers all the time?

Ashley is a tight fucker and has an odd dealing/relationship with agents who shovel shit talent our way,  regardless of what our squad needs.

I just dont understand the fact why we dont sign a proper strickers all the time?

Ashley is a tight fucker and has an odd dealing/relationship with agents who shovel shit talent our way,  regardless of what our squad needs.

A lot of talent has passed through this club in MA's time here. The issue has always been marrying up the players we bring in with the right manager. Has nothing to do with shite talent at all.

Hes not a better striker than Remy like. He might offer us more though.

Remy was a class player but he never really felt like a Newcastle player. Wilson does, and I think that makes a world of difference.

A lot of talent has passed through this club in MA's time here. The issue has always been marrying up the players we bring in with the right manager. Has nothing to do with shite talent at all.

Aye true we have had good players through the books at times ,  it's just the stinkers we've signed stick in my memory a lot more.

Looked pretty quick, I thought.  He made a couple of good near post runs and got to the ball for a couple of half chances.  Fairly strong back to goal, actually has shots and gets in goal scoring positions.  I'm not used to this from a striker. 

So refreshing to see a striker that is mobile, holds the ball up well, and gets the players around him more involved. Made some intelligent runs and has decent pace to him. He seems to be a striker that makes the rest of the team better, as opposed to a striker that just knicks a goal every now and then.

I like that when there is a dead end or he’s got not much else to do. He’s either figuring out a way to have a pop at goal or he’s looking up to try and get someone a cross or chance to score. He’s not running it end line and losing it. He’s not running up a blind alley and crossing to nobody. He’s picking his head and either saying fuck it let me have a go or let me slow it down and get this ball into the box to player X.

Welcome to the club Callum :lol:

I hope the manager magically stumbles on tactics that somehow work. Otherwise, in a few weeks be prepared to be labelled as shite that cannot hold up the 50 yard balls hoofed at your noggin, and a player that shouldn't have been bought because he only scored 8 goals for Bournemouth last season.

Best of luck :thup: