Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

:lol:  tbf "Acknowledging our correspondence" could literally be anything from a detailed response to issues and points within it to getting a read receipt in outlook. The question really is do they give a toss about the contents.

Dear NUST

My advice to you all, is to make sure your fridge works.

Best wishes

Richard Masters

The Premier League

:lol:

:lol:  tbf "Acknowledging our correspondence" could literally be anything from a detailed response to issues and points within it to getting a read receipt in outlook. The question really is do they give a toss about the contents.

Dear NUST

My advice to you all, is to make sure your fridge works.

Best wishes

Richard Masters

The Premier League

You're going to need a drink when I tell you the deal is off

Initially I was frustrated we can’t see either letter however actually thinking about it this is NUSTs reputation for the next 10+ years at stake in terms of the relationship they can build with PL and the club.

On that basis I just hope that these letters aren’t being bandied around secret WhatsApp groups and suchlike

Might be worth NUST putting a detailed Tweet out explaining the reasons for the privacy and long term thinking with regards to building a relationship with EPL etc etc for the less informed element that don’t understand the approach Greg[/member]

Or better still tweet a link out redirecting them to the NUST website saying the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...

It is time for NUST to stop pussy-footing around and to (metaphorically, literally if you can) drive an angry mob to the doors of the Premier League!

If NUST is to retain any credibility as the voice of the NUFC fan, being the reason I signed on as a life member, it must react with anger and energy at the way the Premier League has handled the takeover process.  There is a time for diplomacy and niceties, and their is a time for anger and action.

NUFC fans have sat, relatively, passively aside to allow the Premier League's processes to unfold but it is fairly clear that the Premier League likely had no interest in allowing this takeover to proceed and that their reasoning had little to do with issues from the buying consortium, beyond their ability to threaten the interests of the Premier Leagues controlling cartel of clubs (the top 6) or to threaten the interests of their Qatari friends.  The league have, likely, demonstrated that they have no care for the interests of lower/smaller clubs (those outside of their preferred 6 clubs) and that they see those lesser clubs as just a source of revenues for their preferred clubs and for their preferred clubs to play.

The Premier League's behavior has also sent a dangerous message to other (non top-6) club owners - that should any buyer approach them who may present a threat to the leagues real purpose then their takeover will be prevented.  This places a ceiling on the value of all other clubs, setting a maximum level beyond which they will not be permitted to sell or invest.  It sends a message to all top players, managers, and football personnel - that if you are not being employed by one of the top-6 clubs then your existence in the Premier League is to be the Christians to the Premier Leagues lions - do not expect to be there on an equal basis.

The NUST should also aggressively approach members of the Government and Parliament to assert that the Premier League have not acted on a fair and equal basis, and that a parliamentary investigation should be conducted into the conduct of the Premier League's handling of the takeover.  That Richard Masters should be compelled, by the Parliament, to explain the process and to justify the decisions, action, and inaction of the league on this matter, and to provide a clear statement to all Premier League member clubs as to what the league will or wont permit in the way of buying groups (e.g. to demonstrate to smaller clubs that they will not be permitted to threaten the interests of the leagues preferred clubs).

It is time for NUST to get angry and to start kicking up the biggest stink the Premier League has seen in its 28 year history.  If the NUST does not act with tangible consequence then it undermines the very purpose for the existence of the Trust!

Nust is an organisation with a noble goal but with absolutely no power or means of achieving its objectives.

As we all know, Football isn’t about fans or the community it’s purely about money and power.

No disrespect or offence intended.

We don't demand a team that wins, we demand a team that tries!

We don't demand a Supporters Trust that wins, we demand a Supporters Trust that tries!

If NUST doesn't put in a reasonable amount of effort to represent the anger of fans to all who may be able to impact things (the club, the buyers, the Premier League, the Government, the Parliament, etc) then what is the point of the NUST?  Just as there is little enthusiasm for supporting a team full of players who don't try, why would there be any support for a Supporters Trust that doesn't try?  This is the point at which the NUST needs to stand up and show their members why they exist - this is an existential test for NUST!

Are we expecting any action from the NUST or are the board going to be meeting to discuss next steps?

Are we expecting any action from the NUST or are the board going to be meeting to discuss next steps?

There are next no steps, It's game over man.

People need to see that as long as we live in this version of capatlism, where nothing but consumers of a product.

Until that product start's to devalue and become toxic nothing willl change.

We've been here before but the only thing that could possibly have an impact would for fans to simply not go to games. An empty stadium/away section will have an impact.

As we know though, that just isn't going to happen, ever.

We've been here before but the only thing that could possibly have an impact would for fans to simply not go to games. An empty stadium/away section will have an impact.

As we know though, that just isn't going to happen, ever.

Totally agree, but for total and meaninfull change the whole EPL would have to devalue.

Little old Newcastle fans not turning up would not achieve that.

Maybe Covid and the lack of supporters will help it along, or maybe it will only cement there postion as less fans can go to the game and are forced to watch it from the confines of there homes

All that’ll happen from fans is they’ll still go. There’ll probably be some token booing of the Premier League music at the start of games like some clubs do to the Champions League theme. NUST really needs to step up here.

I really wish they could achieve something, but there toothless along with all fan groups.

Greg and the other NUST people i do appreciate you continued efforts, My rantings are not a dig more reflection of my feelings towards big business and capatlism.

People need to see that as long as we live in this version of capatlism, where nothing but consumers of a product.

This reminds me, I can cancel my sky subscription now.

This reminds me, I can cancel my sky subscription now.

Wish i could, but would loose my oly other sport F1

As much use as a chocolate fireguard

Anyone trying to make a difference deserves respect in my opinion. If this process has taught me

anything is that our opinion and lives count for zero. We need a more united fan base with more influence.