Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

I remember Dubravka's first game. Yes he made alot of impressive saves but I remember being even more impressed with his organising of the defenders around him.

I think he needs to come back. Darlow has exceeded expectations but is starting to make silly errors for goals again. In fairness, his goal gets peppered with shits every game so there's bound to be one or two thst slip past.

However i've also no doubt Dubravka makes all the saves Darlow does if he had been playing instead. We just take alot of shots so it makes the goalkeepers look great cus they are so busy.

I remember Dubravka's first game. Yes he made alot of impressive saves but I remember being even more impressed with his organising of the defenders around him.

I think he needs to come back. Darlow has exceeded expectations but is starting to make silly errors for goals again. In fairness, his goal gets peppered with shits every game so there's bound to be one or two thst slip past.

However i've also no doubt Dubravka makes all the saves Darlow does if he had been playing instead. We just take alot of shots so it makes the goalkeepers look great cus they are so busy.

"Peppered with shits".  Quite apt.    :D

Bruce won’t change it unless he makes a glaringly big error. The fact he’s better makes no difference to him.

He made one yesterday. Bruce is crap at decision making, and his failure to bring back Dubravka was always going to bite him in the arse. While Darlow has done fine as a fill in, as soon as Dubravka was back in the team it was obvious he was a class above. Bruce has devalued Darlow who's stock was really high before yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a shame that it's been allowed to arrive at the point where most fans are calling for him to be dropped (rightly so imo as we need Dubravka for his ability and leadership for the scrap afoot). The situation should have been managed better, and Darlow should have been gracefully moved to his number 2 spot before mistakes crept in and began to mount. Perhaps the Sheffield Utd game should have been his last as I think Dubravka started the game against Arsenal a few days before. Could have just thanked Darlow and brought Dubravka back in, rather than allowing it to get to the point where the management have waited for these mistakes to creep in and people are on his back a bit.

Fine contribution for us this season, but ultimately a number 2 at this level.

It's a shame that it's been allowed to arrive at the point where most fans are calling for him to be dropped (rightly so imo as we need Dubravka for his ability and leadership for the scrap afoot). The situation should have been managed better, and Darlow should have been gracefully moved to his number 2 spot before mistakes crept in and began to mount. Perhaps the Sheffield Utd game should have been his last as I think Dubravka started the game against Arsenal a few days before. Could have just thanked Darlow and brought Dubravka back in, rather than allowing it to get to the point where the management have waited for these mistakes to creep in and people are on his back a bit.

Classic Bruce though. Doesn't want to make the hard decisions so let's things grab on and then hang the player out to dry, which he's already started doing

Guest neesy111

Classic Bruce though. Doesn't want to make the hard decisions so let's things grab on and then hang the player out to dry, which he's already started doing

This is it, he bottled the decision and went for the easy option as he always does.

I think it’s a bit harsh criticising him for the penalty. How often do players go straight down the middle after they’ve recently missed one or missed on v the same keeper? He made a decision and stuck to it.

It’s time to get Dubravka back in though.

Guest reefatoon

I think it’s a bit harsh criticising him for the penalty. How often do players go straight down the middle after they’ve recently missed one or missed on v the same keeper? He made a decision and stuck to it.

He flung himself forward head first fo fuck sake. how's that being harsh on him  :lol:. Was hilarious and baffling all rolled into one weird dive.

I've seen shootouts where a keeper has thought that - but he's stood up, not gone forward two feet head first  :lol: