Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club

Paully

They don’t make money do they? Where from?

I agree they shouldn’t be involved with the club at all though, that’s what I asked on their live stream the other week.

The small profit we make from advertising and merchandise pays to keep the whole lot running. Voluntary donations to true faith are also welcomed.

Patreon mainly I'd suspect.

Oh right, but I was assumed just enough to keep it going. ‘Making coin’ suggested they’d be motivated by money, I guess the amounts would be tiny.

The point remains I suppose, like a lot of outlets they have a symbiotic relationship with the club so they’re not completely free to hammer it.

TF definitely seem more cosy with this version of the club all of a sudden though, has Michael Martin sacked it off now?

Think he's just a contributor.

The rest all sit on the board of NUST; they all want to be further involved with NUFC and get coin doing so. This was also my issue with the supporters trust being the same people as the fanzine. The fanzine slowly loses it's objectivity as they want to be involved with the club albeit I didn't think it would happen so soon. Same happened down the road when Roker Report became a club mouthpiece for the Don because he bought them a Maccy D's.

The worst of it all is that the NUST survey was overwhelmingly in support of a boycott, yet several of them (including the Chair of the trust, no less) decided to publicly flaunt the fact that they were attending. Massively disappointing.

Oh right, but I was assumed just enough to keep it going. ‘Making coin’ suggested they’d be motivated by money, I guess the amounts would be tiny.

The point remains I suppose, like a lot of outlets they have a symbiotic relationship with the club so they’re not completely free to hammer it.

Not necessarily for themselves but to fund their ever growing activities such as trips abroad etc. Club gives them a bit of access and the circle goes round wider.

TF definitely seem more cosy with this version of the club all of a sudden though, has Michael Martin sacked it off now?

The rest all sit on the board of NUST; they all want to be further involved with NUFC and get coin doing so. This was also my issue with the supporters trust being the same people as the fanzine. The fanzine slowly loses it's objectivity as they want to be involved with the club albeit I didn't think it would happen so soon. Same happened down the road when Roker Report became a club mouthpiece for the Don because he bought them a Maccy D's.

The worst of it all is that the NUST survey was overwhelmingly in support of a boycott, yet several of them (including the Chair of the trust, no less) decided to publicly flaunt the fact that they were attending. Massively disappointing.

Played the boycott card when it suited them just to get money in.  Fucking arseholes.

Played the boycott card when it suited them just to get money in.  Fucking arseholes.

That’s the line I pushed and what I still don’t understand. This is the very time we should be least engaged with the club, and they used it to attract new members for an organisation that requires a relationship with it.

They cited day-to-day things like getting repairs done and facilities for disabled fans etc. All that just seems utterly irrelevant in these times.

Posts on here doesnt he?

Think the first game of the season is the worst time to have a protest like. Anticipation is strong, football has been away for a while and at least for now, we're not totally s***. I swore I had no interest in watching but even I went out of my way to watch on Sunday. I suspect many others are the same.

Like Yorkie says, only defeats will turn the match going crowd. Many refuse to see the bigger picture. If it was February and we were 6 points adrift at the bottom or on a winless run, there would be more appetite for it.

Simply, I dont think we are s*** enough yet. It will come though. Without doubt.

Totally agree on this, once Brewcie gets his feet firmly under the table and he's binned the fancy dan foreign muck for English blood and thunder and we're still getting whacked at the bottom of the table opinions will change.

However that will just lead the press to confirm we're deluded and fickle like they've always said, double edged sword I'm afraid.

No offense lads but that stuff is just pathetic horseshit, aye he's crap but his signing in his past jobs are from all over the world, he's many things but not what you're inferring there like.

Exactly. He doesn't care if you're black, brown, yellow (orientals make very good workers).

And he's signed El-Mohammady seven times.

Ffs guys I wasn't suggesting he was racist or anything like that, I was having a dig at his dinosaur "tactics" and inability to deal with flair much like most other PFMs who prefer good old blood and thunder, sliding tackles and big lumping strikers to punt it to, give me some credit.

Posts on here doesnt he?

Think the first game of the season is the worst time to have a protest like. Anticipation is strong, football has been away for a while and at least for now, we're not totally s***. I swore I had no interest in watching but even I went out of my way to watch on Sunday. I suspect many others are the same.

Like Yorkie says, only defeats will turn the match going crowd. Many refuse to see the bigger picture. If it was February and we were 6 points adrift at the bottom or on a winless run, there would be more appetite for it.

Simply, I dont think we are s*** enough yet. It will come though. Without doubt.

Totally agree on this, once Brewcie gets his feet firmly under the table and he's binned the fancy dan foreign muck for English blood and thunder and we're still getting whacked at the bottom of the table opinions will change.

However that will just lead the press to confirm we're deluded and fickle like they've always said, double edged sword I'm afraid.

No offense lads but that stuff is just pathetic horseshit, aye he's crap but his signing in his past jobs are from all over the world, he's many things but not what you're inferring there like.

Exactly. He doesn't care if you're black, brown, yellow (orientals make very good workers).

Ffs guys I wasn't suggesting he was racist or anything like that, I was having a dig at his dinosaur "tactics" and inability to deal with flair much like most other PFMs who prefer good old blood and thunder, sliding tackles and big lumping strikers to punt it to, give me some credit.

Hell no boy, this is the internet  :lol:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Surely the focus should turn to a boycott of the Leicester Carabao cup game. Attendances are crap in this competition anyway, the club have held cup competitions in complete disdain for the entirety of Ashley's tenure, and we're blatantly going to get chinned. There is no reason for any sane person to go to this game and spend extra cash on it.

Boycoutt Lester

Surely the focus should turn to a boycott of the Leicester Carabao cup game. Attendances are crap in this competition anyway, the club have held cup competitions in complete disdain for the entirety of Ashley's tenure, and we're blatantly going to get chinned. There is no reason for any sane person to go to this game and spend extra cash on it.

Boycoutt Lester

Agreed.

Boycoutt Lester.

Guest covmag

Lets call it "Jack Lester"

Many of the type that refuse to boycott, I have a feeling, are the types that don't bother with these games anyway.

This...they wont be going any way,you get the dads who take the kids going to this one,less expensive, first match types and teenagers with their mates.

Its likely to be on tv as well so usual punters wont bother.

Stupid game to boycott and not a real test of feeling and still too early in the season,not enough losses by that point.

All related to making an impact.

The club will massively discount the Leicester game so people will see it as a cheap opportunity to take the wife and all the kids. Still the summer holidays too so kids are off next day so getting in late isn't an issue. There'll be 25k there.

Posts on here doesnt he?

Hell no boy, this is the internet  :lol:

2ieha8tdv5jy.gif

Does Steve Bruce actually play the blood, thunder and Stoke way? I'd always assumed he was one of them Pardew, McClaren types where it's impossible to decipher what happens Monday to Friday.

Pretty much although I disagree on including McClaren. All his teams are about stale possession and fairly rigid shape.

Does Steve Bruce actually play the blood, thunder and Stoke way? I'd always assumed he was one of them Pardew, McClaren types where it's impossible to decipher what happens Monday to Friday.

Pretty much although I disagree on including McClaren. All his teams are about stale possession and fairly rigid shape.

Dat endless Anita-Colback passing to and fro — no need to count sheep. I just replay it every night and get a sound sleep.

Didn't Pardew work on defending 4 days out of 5? :lol:

Didn't Pardew work on defending 4 days out of 5? :lol:

And still got smashed 0-6 at home.