Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

Guest chopey

Consistent sort, no problem with him signing a new deal but I can't help thinking his agent has took advantage of our limbo with 4 years, done well for his client I suppose.

Think of it another way. As a backup fullback for 2-3yrs with the likelihood he won’t cause trouble in the camp when he’s in a supporting role but give it his all when called upon it’s possibly not the worst contract handed out if the wages (I’m guessing) are modest. Then sell him and recoup something that you’d of lost letting him go for free.

He’s got a few years to improve too. He could peak at 28-29. Spending his early years at A.Madrid, Liverpool & Marseille, then spending a couple of years under Rafa must be coming to fruition now. Think he’s turned into a good mid-table Premier League right-back.

He’s got a few years to improve too. He could peak at 28-29. Spending his early years at A.Madrid, Liverpool & Marseille, then spending a couple of years under Rafa must be coming to fruition now. Think he’s turned into a good mid-table Premier League right-back.

He's basically been good ever since he's been played in his proper position, rather than left back

This gets overlooked far too often for me. Yes, he was very ordinary on the left, for at least three or four months from memory?

He's been consistently good since playing on the right. Sure, he's made errors that led directly to goals, but he's more reliable than Yedlin and more... everything than Krafth

• 6 months later...

So what happened to this guy?

He was the first choice right back at start of season. Got his new contract and everything and seemed to have won alot of people over and then vanished? Another who spoke out of turn to Bruce and got hit with the "long covid"