FA Cup 2017/18 - 4th round draw: Chelsea (a) - on BT @ 1:30pm 28/01/18

Disco

Said it before, but is it not intrinsically unfair to have what's essentially one set of rules for some teams, and another for other teams? It's literally the same round of the same competition

Said it before, but is it not intrinsically unfair to have what's essentially one set of rules for some teams, and another for other teams? It's literally the same round of the same competition

Just another part of the farce.

In the last year we've seen our team concede a free kick from their own penalty because the referee literally didn't know the rules of the game. We should be all for VAR

How would VAR have helped there?

Really ? what you don't think the fella on the Vars would have brought it to the refs attention that he got the rules wrong ?

In the last year we've seen our team concede a free kick from their own penalty because the referee literally didn't know the rules of the game. We should be all for VAR

Really ? what you don't think the fella on the Vars would have brought it to the refs attention that he got the rules wrong ?

I would have thought that the 4th official or one of the two linesman would have done that, to be fair.

I would have thought that the 4th official or one of the two linesman would have done that, to be fair.

Very true, still baffles me how none of those officials on the day never said anything to the ref. To get a fundamental rule wrong was amazing really.

None of his referee team had the foggiest idea what the rule was. Stupid thing is they could have  easily turned a blind eye to encroachment, it happens all the time. He clearly wanted to look like a bigshot and make an example of us, then forgot the fucking rules.

Very true, still baffles me how none of those officials on the day never said anything to the ref. To get a fundamental rule wrong was amazing really.

Fundamental rule. Really ? For all I knew the ref made a bollix that night I also learned some other rules surrounding it.

Fundamental rule. Really ? For all I knew the ref made a bollix that night I also learned some other rules surrounding it.

Ah sorry, i referee so it one of those laws (i should say laws, as it's the laws of the game not rules) you just know, and I've played for 40 years and like i say a law you just understand. It's one of those things, a penalty is something where you have time to think about things (after it's given), you have time to have a clear mind so to speak for the taking of it, in my experience anyhoo.

For a ref to get encroachment wrong is fundamental error imo, well from my experience of referring. I've got plenty of decisions wrong but i don't think I've ever got a football law wrong when i reffed, not to my knowledge anyhow.

Not been reffing this season because i dislocated my elbow playing last season, still having too much pain when i run, i'm too afraid to fall. I was intending to play Vets this season but I've had to give that idea up for now because i'm so worried about hurting it again. Funny thing is i finished the season i hurt it back playing but after the team i played for folded, when i went back to play again for someone else i was too scared.

I've put a bet on us to win. :yao:

Sorry Jill, I'd have told you I was attending this game if I'd have realised you were thinking of doing this. Can't refund you though, it's a slippery slope.

I won a bet on a horse yesterday so the world is clearly upside down.

I've put a bet on us to win. :yao:

Sorry Jill, I'd have told you I was attending this game if I'd have realised you were thinking of doing this. Can't refund you though, it's a slippery slope.

I won a bet on a horse yesterday so the world is clearly upside down.

[emoji38] Fair enough.

I'm now hopeful :anguish:

Reckon he will try and play Lejuene. He won't want injuries to Lascelles or Clark for Wednesday.

Elliot

Yedlin

Lejeune

Clark

Manquillo

Hayden

Merino

Richie

Perez

Atsu

Gayle

Fuck knows.