England

Yorkie

Was Perisic's goal a shot or a finish, btw?

Either way it should have been disallowed. Far too casual of a finish for me.

Twats like you are thinking that you're embarrassing me with this 'casual' shit. (and it truly is a shit joke perpetuated by sados .)

But you're not embarrassing me in the least :lol:. I actually take pleasure from it because it reminds me that weak shits like you wouldn't actually dare to do that to someone's face constantly.

Yeah, Perez's touch was casual, it was bit lucky that it went in. (But you stick to your comfort and conformity zone and I'll post what I like)

Guest Howaythetoon

The coming home stuff man :lol: It was self deprecating which has been one of the best things about this WC because we as a nation are at our best when we don’t take ourselves seriously and that’s when we start to enjoy ourselves. I doubt many really thought we would win it, it’s fucking England man, we expect the worst. It’s like someone saying NUFC expect to win the FA Cup every year, I dread the FA Cup.

Expectations will increase now of course, and that will need tempered because this is a young manager and team that is a work in progress. We reached the semis, but it’s a false indication of where we are at right now and we should look at how Croatia beat us to realise we still have a long way to go.

Something tells me this isn’t a false dawn though or at least I hope not because I want to see more of this team and see how far it can go over the next few tournaments.

I’m just happy to see us try and play football the way most of the world tries to and to watch players that care, that aren’t the best and know it, but want to improve and be managed by someone dignified, humble and who sees the job as a privilege and a chance to change the way we play.

Literally about two pundits said Croatia might be tired because of playing 120 mins twice. I guess we should hold off on football discussion in the media in case Luka gets his feelings hurt again.

:lol: I'm sorry... have you actually been in touch with all of what the pundits have been saying out there? This includes the mainstream media as well as the 'obscure' ones. If yes, then you must have spent a lot of time during the past few days staring at screens. :lol:  (And even so, I doubt you bothered to see what the 'less' known pundits had to say about this match.)

What makes you think that the Croatian players' 'main' outlet of media is the same ones that you watch? It really is not that hard to expect that they might not have been watching/reading the same content as you.

Is that what Croatia have been doing with their time like, watching English football coverage?

I think that's a question for ManDoon! :lol:

Question for you, ManDoon.

I'm sure you just missed it. (just like you missed the post about the Perez goal v WBA)

I'm sure.

The coming home stuff man :lol: It was self deprecating which has been one of the best things about this WC because we as a nation are at our best when we don’t take ourselves seriously and that’s when we start to enjoy ourselves. I doubt many really thought we would win it, it’s fucking England man, we expect the worst. It’s like someone saying NUFC expect to win the FA Cup every year, I dread the FA Cup.

Yup. Starting to think all these foreigners are just thick as fuck. Brexit seems more appealing by the minute.

It's a completely reasonable position to take that a team that has played more minutes, in energy sapping KO football, might just be a bit more tired. Modric seems to have taken it so personally, there is no disrespect to point out a pretty obvious an benign fact. They've acted completely ridiculous after the game.

I don't disagree with this, for what it's worth.  They've lacked grace in winning, and that's simply true.  But it's not wrong to point out the negative impression there is of England as a whole from the coverage of our press, and no, not just pointing out they're tired, but they rest of it.  It's coming home, it's our time, talks of the final, our destiny etc.  Fair enough, I get it's us just trying to support our team, but it obviously rubs others up the wrong way.  It has done for decades, this is no new phenomena. 

Per the Independent’s Miguel Delaney, Corluka simply smiled and said: ‘It’s not coming home!’ before continuing to walk away.

There it is. 

Aye, it's snide as fuck and I'm not sticking up for them.  But equally, I just don't like our coverage in general, never have.  It gets obnoxious, over the top.  I won't stick up for them either.

As a neutral and not an England supporter, I can attest to this. Since the draw was made, it's been non-stop "who are we playing in the final?" As if teams are just supposed to roll over and let England win because destiny / football's coming home. It's been so over the top on social media, in person and from some pundits, that it stopped coming across as anything but a sense of entitlement. If you're an opposition player, I can understand why it'd wind you up. Having said all that, Croatia should've been more gracious after their win. Sportsmanship seems to be dead in football these days.

Yup. Starting to think all these foreigners are just thick as fuck. Brexit seems more appealing by the minute.

Holy shit man, I can't believe how touchy people are getting because a Croatian player said "it's not coming home" with a smile on his face. Jesus christ :lol:

It's a completely reasonable position to take that a team that has played more minutes, in energy sapping KO football, might just be a bit more tired. Modric seems to have taken it so personally, there is no disrespect to point out a pretty obvious an benign fact. They've acted completely ridiculous after the game.

I don't disagree with this, for what it's worth.  They've lacked grace in winning, and that's simply true.  But it's not wrong to point out the negative impression there is of England as a whole from the coverage of our press, and no, not just pointing out they're tired, but they rest of it.  It's coming home, it's our time, talks of the final, our destiny etc.  Fair enough, I get it's us just trying to support our team, but it obviously rubs others up the wrong way.  It has done for decades, this is no new phenomena. 

Per the Independent’s Miguel Delaney, Corluka simply smiled and said: ‘It’s not coming home!’ before continuing to walk away.

There it is. 

Aye, it's snide as fuck and I'm not sticking up for them.  But equally, I just don't like our coverage in general, never have.  It gets obnoxious, over the top.  I won't stick up for them either.

As a neutral and not an England supporter, I can attest to this. Since the draw was made, it's been non-stop "who are we playing in the final?" As if teams are just supposed to roll over and let England win because destiny / football's coming home. It's been so over the top on social media, in person and from some pundits, that it stopped coming across as anything but a sense of entitlement. If you're an opposition player, I can understand why it'd wind you up. Having said all that, Croatia should've been more gracious after their win. Sportsmanship seems to be dead in football these days.

This was a massive in-joke man :lol:

I didn't even realise it was an in-joke like, I thought others would have cottoned onto the fact that the entire country never actual believed we were definitely winning the world cup.

There it is. 

This was a massive in-joke man :lol:

I didn't even realise it was an in-joke like, I thought others would have cottoned onto the fact that the entire country never actual believed we were definitely winning the world cup.

I get that. I'm surrounded by friends & family who support England, so I really do. But even then it was fucking non-stop, so if I could get annoyed, someone who actually has lived in England and knows the culture (banter), imagine someone who barely speaks English and just sees this shite on telly, social media, etc.

Reminds me of Fargo Season 2, where Ted Danson's character invents a new language because he believes all wars in human history have begun due to miscommunication, so maybe a better common language would fix all the issues plaguing humanity :lol:

Nah a lot of people from other countries think we are dead serious with the footballs coming home stuff, I've experienced it personally and for some reason it pisses them off.

For what reason I don't know. Honestly this whole England is arrogant is reminding me a lot of Delusion Geordies, in the sense it's coming from a place that the people accusing people of that just don't understand the concept of sarcasm or take life way too seriously.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nah a lot of people from other countries think we are dead serious with the footballs coming home stuff, I've experienced it personally and for some reason it pisses them off.

For what reason I don't know. Honestly this whole England is arrogant is reminding me a lot of Delusion Geordies, in the sense it's coming from a place that the people accusing people of that just don't understand the concept of sarcasm or take life way too seriously.

Aye

Holy shit man, I can't believe how touchy people are getting because a Croatian player said "it's not coming home" with a smile on his face. Jesus christ :lol:

Don't be daft man. :lol:

I don't think we should take the 'coming home' thing so literally.  I fucking loved it being back as a thing, reminds me of the best times of my youth, but added to the sense of entitlement within press coverage (not all of it obviously, just enough of it), it kind of became its own worst enemy.  I was in the dentist the other day, and the receptionists/hygienists were all moaning about Three Lions as it was on the radio.  Doesn't matter how much of a joke it was at that stage, they were Scottish, and they were indignant. :lol:

I'm the last person who takes life too seriously. Existence has been a joke thus far :lol:

Edit: * a cruel, cruel joke.

Not saying you do tbf, just that's been my experience with a lot of people who get pissed off with the whole thing.

I wasn't replying to Semtex as such. I just think being offended by an opposition player playing us off with our own 'in-joke' is ludicrous  :lol:

I wasn't replying to Semtex as such. I just think being offended by an opposition player playing us off with our own 'in-joke' is ludicrous  :lol:

:thup: Agree.

Why do people have to be offended or are being 'touchy' to think someone is being an arsehole? :lol: Seeing that loads recently.

They're being purposefully antagonistic so people think they're cunts. I doubt anyone's slicing their wrists over it.

I completely agree. But some people are really fucking touchy over these Croatian players' comments  :lol: No doubt about it.

Why do people have to be offended or are being 'touchy' to think someone is being an arsehole? :lol: Seeing that loads recently.

They're being purposefully antagonistic so people think they're cunts. I doubt anyone's slicing their wrists over it.

Was Corluka really an arsehole? :lol: