The Board etc. etc.

NE5

Guest Howaythetoon

It's close season, there's not that much worthwhile NUFC news going around which doesn't help.

True. I think the NUFC forum will always be like this though. God knows all attempts to improve it have been exercised.

I used to post on this site quite often then slowly realised that the forum should have an alternative sight. It should be called www.newcastleonlinecliquedisagreewithusatyourperil.com. FFS we are all meant to support The Toon and be able to express an opinion. But god forbid you disagree with one of the "clique" as you're bound to get a whole host of their witty reparte in reply.

Other than the clique theres a whole host of WUM's and kids/students who's sole goal in life is to have a pop at people who have the balls to stick to there guns and can back up opinion with fact.

Following on from this is the mod police, nuff said.

Anyhow fuck it, main site canny but this forum's gone to shit.

Anyhow as its on topic, off topic fuck knows. Some folk should look back to the pre Keegan era and call our board shit. How much have we spent over the last ten years???? High profile managers have failed to deliver.

My only wish would be that Fat Fred behaved more like Gibson at Boro, that we we could continue spending the cash and only wheel him out when we win something. His major downfall is that he time after time opens his gob at the wrong time in public. Believe me there are many worse chairman and boards in the top division than ours. However to you kids out there keep following the sheep and don't bother doing research, its much easier to go with the crowd and make your witty one liners than to form your own opnions.

The biggest issue I have with the forum is when threads get hijacked, twisted and decsend into endless diatribe, which is why these posts were removed from another thread. I agree though, the NUFC forum is shite and has been for a long time, I doubt many would disagree either.

Gen chat is canny though.

One of the main reasons I've personally given this place a wide berth since the end of the season. I don't come on here after a hard day's graft to fucking 'debate'. I come on here to have a laugh and a bit of a giggle. This particular forum reminds me of pub with a group of canny lads who just want to get along with each other........then there's the boring bastards who sit in 2's or 3's  staring into their pints all night - moaning like fuck about the same things, night after night after night. Life's too short. I'm fucking back off to GC for the forseeable future. Get on with it lads.  :|

Guest Bellers

This forum was fine until "porridge" and a whole other host of fools joined, who would ruin threads etc,  that seemed to divide it. The old school started assuming all new posters are idiots just because of a minority. But it's only an internet forum :wink: .

I used to post on this site quite often then slowly realised that the forum should have an alternative sight. It should be called www.newcastleonlinecliquedisagreewithusatyourperil.com. FFS we are all meant to support The Toon and be able to express an opinion. But god forbid you disagree with one of the "clique" as you're bound to get a whole host of their witty reparte in reply.

Other than the clique theres a whole host of WUM's and kids/students who's sole goal in life is to have a pop at people who have the balls to stick to there guns and can back up opinion with fact.

Anyhow **** it, main site canny but this forum's gone to shit.

Anyhow as its on topic, off topic **** knows. Some folk should look back to the pre Keegan era and call our board shit. How much have we spent over the last ten years???? High profile managers have failed to deliver.

My only wish would be that Fat Fred behaved more like Gibson at Boro, that we we could continue spending the cash and only wheel him out when we win something. His major downfall is that he time after time opens his gob at the wrong time in public. Believe me there are many worse chairman and boards in the top division than ours. However to you kids out there keep following the sheep and don't bother doing research, its much easier to go with the crowd and make your witty one liners than to form your own opnions.

The biggest issue I have with the forum is when threads get hijacked, twisted and decsend into endless diatribe, which is why these posts were removed from another thread. I agree though, the NUFC forum is shite and has been for a long time, I doubt many would disagree either.

One of the main reasons I've personally given this place a wide berth since the end of the season. I don't come on here after a hard day's graft to fucking 'debate'. I come on here to have a laugh and a bit of a giggle. This particular forum reminds me of pub with a group of canny lads who just want to get along with each other........then there's the boring bastards who sit in 2's or 3's  staring into their pints all night - moaning like **** about the same things, night after night after night. Life's too short. I'm fucking back off to GC for the forseeable future. Get on with it lads.  :|

As you put the word debate in quotes I take it you're on about me, like.

Well fine, it's horses for courses like. You want to come here to babble on like a kid, I'd prefer to discuss issues about the footballl club I support with other supporters, no matter how boring that may seem to you.  :winking:

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyhow **** it, main site canny but this forum's gone to shit.

Anyhow as its on topic, off topic **** knows. Some folk should look back to the pre Keegan era and call our board shit. How much have we spent over the last ten years???? High profile managers have failed to deliver.

One of the main reasons I've personally given this place a wide berth since the end of the season. I don't come on here after a hard day's graft to fucking 'debate'. I come on here to have a laugh and a bit of a giggle. This particular forum reminds me of pub with a group of canny lads who just want to get along with each other........then there's the boring bastards who sit in 2's or 3's  staring into their pints all night - moaning like **** about the same things, night after night after night. Life's too short. I'm fucking back off to GC for the forseeable future. Get on with it lads.  :|

As you put the word debate in quotes I take it you're on about me, like.

Well fine, it's horses for courses like. You want to come here to babble on like a kid, I'd prefer to discuss issues about the footballl club I support with other supporters, no matter how boring that may seem to you.  :winking:

Thing is, finding decent debates are as rare as a mackem point, and even then almost all of them descend into the same all shite which you're guilty of and so am I.

Don't moan when we fall further behind the top teams due to having less revenue than them. Lots less revenue. Remember that you're happy we're at SJP for tradition and sentimental reasons, with all the limitations that brings with it. Keep in mind also that as those other clubs increase their revenue we'll be very dependant upon being lucky with a quality managerial appointment if we're to challenge them. In fact we'll have to find a Wenger MkII, not easy to find, you may agree. Fergie and Mourinho have achieved things at their clubs due to massive financial resources, wouldn't you agree? Good managers yes, but they've had massive financial backing. Wenger is a one-off imo, but that's what we need now.

You have to remember that for the last 5 years or so we have had a huge gate advantage over everyone bar Man U. That advantage does not seem to have helped us.

BTW If it's such a moot point that we didn't move, why did you start the original thread about development plans that never happened?

My understanding of ground extension issues are that teh East Stand can't be built higher because of the listed building behind it. The Gallowgate cannot be built on as the increase in foundations required would impact on the Metro station.

The building of the main stand was  mistake back in 87/88. If it had been built in the car park it would have allowed everything else to be moved too. Too late now. Bad planning by a board lacking in long-term vision.

The inability to get planning permission for Castle Leazes was also a disaster. I think the original plans were for only 42,000 with a design which would allow extensions to be built later. The use of the existing ground for other things, like training pitches and rugby games would have reduced the overall cost. Not really sure why but the board, under Sir John didn't really fight the fight as they probably should have done. There were some strange pressures within the council too. Councillors were told that if it came to a vote then shareholders in the club would not be allowed to vote as it would be a "conflict of interests". As this excluded a huge number of councillors it made it very likely the council would not approve the move. If the club had really wanted it I think they could have easily turned up the pressure and made it impossible for the council to turn them down. Sir John managed that sort of business "negotiation" with the Metro centre, he could have done it again.

As far as costs go, it would have made a huge diffference to our finances. The club pay roughly £4.5m per year for the ground extension, with the final payment due in 2016/2017. The original plan for 42,000 seats would not have created as much increase in revenue but it woudl have cost lots less, and would still have been expandable.

I'm not convinced that much more than 52,000 is needed. It's nice to fantasise about playing Man U in a title deicder in front of 70,000, or sunlun in a derby, but neither are that likely really. The cup games of the last couple of years have shown that the crowds are fragile. Season ticket holders always go, they've paid up so they will go to all the league games. Cup games seem full of dads with kids, and not that many season ticket holders. If we get to the point where people realise they don't need season tickets, and can generally buy tickets on a game by game basis the crowds for C-list games could plummet. If there were, say 35,000 season tickets sold for this season, meaning 14,000 available on a match by match basis how many people would turn up for Reading midweek, or Watford the weekend before Xmas ?

Easy to say with hindsight. Not forgetting your agenda of course. I don't remember you saying that in The Mag at the time, so does this mean you also lacked vision ?

I thought the Castle Leazes idea would have rendered such thoughts of "moving" SJP 50 yards up the road pretty much obselete, and by far the best idea anyway. I would also say such a project would not be mooted and attemped  by a board who lacked vision too. Neither would the subsequent development of the stadium that ended up happening, as all the previous boards had 80 years to do it and failed.

A successful Newcastle would fill a 70,000 ground, the Keegan era proved that. Filling a 52,000 ground with a team that hasn't won a trophy also proves it. Yes probably not for a home game in the League Cup against a 4th division team or whatever. But for the majority of the time it would.

I agree not moving is a disaster.

The East Stand cannot be developed because of the listed building, this has been common knowledge for decades, so why people are discussing developing it despite having this knowledge or being told it is totally beyond me. It just appears that there are many people who don't want to be told anything, they will just stick to any opinion regardless of foundation or fact. This fact about the listed building should be paramount in peoples thinking when they delude themselves by saying things like they would swap winning trophies and maximising the clubs potential in return for staying at SJP. Ridiculous. It is ironic they back the board in this matter, yet also complain about them and blame them that we haven't won a trophy. Strange.

You have a point about there being smaller crowds if season tickets were not "compulsory" and people attended on a match to match basis. This is also something I've often though about, through knowing through experience of when we had a shit board that nobody wanted to go to games and support the club anymore. However, I see it in a positive light, and think that at the end of the day, it is up to club to make sure they tap their potential and set standards high enough to keep it filled.

Don't moan when we fall further behind the top teams due to having less revenue than them. Lots less revenue. Remember that you're happy we're at SJP for tradition and sentimental reasons, with all the limitations that brings with it. Keep in mind also that as those other clubs increase their revenue we'll be very dependant upon being lucky with a quality managerial appointment if we're to challenge them. In fact we'll have to find a Wenger MkII, not easy to find, you may agree. Fergie and Mourinho have achieved things at their clubs due to massive financial resources, wouldn't you agree? Good managers yes, but they've had massive financial backing. Wenger is a one-off imo, but that's what we need now.

You have to remember that for the last 5 years or so we have had a huge gate advantage over everyone bar Man U. That advantage does not seem to have helped us.

BTW If it's such a moot point that we didn't move, why did you start the original thread about development plans that never happened?

My understanding of ground extension issues are that teh East Stand can't be built higher because of the listed building behind it. The Gallowgate cannot be built on as the increase in foundations required would impact on the Metro station.

The building of the main stand was  mistake back in 87/88. If it had been built in the car park it would have allowed everything else to be moved too. Too late now. Bad planning by a board lacking in long-term vision.

The inability to get planning permission for Castle Leazes was also a disaster. I think the original plans were for only 42,000 with a design which would allow extensions to be built later. The use of the existing ground for other things, like training pitches and rugby games would have reduced the overall cost. Not really sure why but the board, under Sir John didn't really fight the fight as they probably should have done. There were some strange pressures within the council too. Councillors were told that if it came to a vote then shareholders in the club would not be allowed to vote as it would be a "conflict of interests". As this excluded a huge number of councillors it made it very likely the council would not approve the move. If the club had really wanted it I think they could have easily turned up the pressure and made it impossible for the council to turn them down. Sir John managed that sort of business "negotiation" with the Metro centre, he could have done it again.

As far as costs go, it would have made a huge diffference to our finances. The club pay roughly £4.5m per year for the ground extension, with the final payment due in 2016/2017. The original plan for 42,000 seats would not have created as much increase in revenue but it woudl have cost lots less, and would still have been expandable.

I'm not convinced that much more than 52,000 is needed. It's nice to fantasise about playing Man U in a title deicder in front of 70,000, or sunlun in a derby, but neither are that likely really. The cup games of the last couple of years have shown that the crowds are fragile. Season ticket holders always go, they've paid up so they will go to all the league games. Cup games seem full of dads with kids, and not that many season ticket holders. If we get to the point where people realise they don't need season tickets, and can generally buy tickets on a game by game basis the crowds for C-list games could plummet. If there were, say 35,000 season tickets sold for this season, meaning 14,000 available on a match by match basis how many people would turn up for Reading midweek, or Watford the weekend before Xmas ?

Ridiculous comment, we had a waiting list pre Souness allegedly of well over 10,000 and we achieved fuck all, nothing, won fuck all.  We've still won fuck all and our average gate next season will be no lower then 51,900, yet we still have people like you coming out with bollocks like that, without sounding like a "SUPER FAN" you know in your heart your not from Newcastle.  I have a lot to say I don't want to say it tonight because the way it will probably be construed will get me a ban so I'll say it tomorrow.

howaythelads Grassroots asked you for side elevations, your reply "yes I have many shots of SJP and of the ones you're asking for" why you being a ..... and not showing them then other than to be awkward?

Ridiculous comment, we had a waiting list pre Souness allegedly of well over 10,000 and we achieved fuck all, nothing, won fuck all.  We've still won fuck all and our average gate next season will be no lower then 51,900, yet we still have people like you coming out with bollocks like that, without sounding like a "SUPER FAN" you know in your heart your not from Newcastle.  I have a lot to say I don't want to say it tonight because the way it will probably be construed will get me a ban so I'll say it tomorrow.

howaythelads Grassroots asked you for side elevations, your reply "yes I have many shots of SJP and of the ones you're asking for" why you being a ..... and not showing them then other than to be awkward?

I agree stevie, he obviously lacks ambition.

The waiting list is bollocks Stevie, it hasn't existed since the ground extension. I got mine at the high point of the Robson era through one call to the box office.

Utterly terrible that we can't sell 52,000 season tickets. With such a shite board eh. Where are all these superior directors at other clubs who shift half that amount with no problem ?

Sad and deluded or what.

:lol: Give it a rest man.

Wullie, we could be relegation fodder for years, in my opinion we'd still get 50,000, we have so many people like my dad, who go to half the games, but would go to all if he could get a ticket for every one, and I know so many people who have families and would like to pick and choose their games.  Douglas Hall who is a wank, once said a succesful Newcastle United could average 100,000, I really don't know if that's true but we could EASY get 70-80,000.  EASY.  Another thing Wullie you're saying the height of the Robson reign??? what heights were they then?  coming 3rd and winning fuck all again?

Nah mate, how can we possibly finish 3rd and 4th and fill a 52,000 stadium with such a shite board  :lol:

The waiting list is bollocks Stevie, it hasn't existed since the ground extension. I got mine at the high point of the Robson era through one call to the box office.

Utterly terrible that we can't sell 52,000 season tickets. With such a shite board eh. Where are all these superior directors at other clubs who shift half that amount with no problem ?

Sad and deluded or what.

Shame Wullie, but I think people like you should give it a rest and get some perspective instead of coming out with the tripe that you do. I have posted facts, not opinions, facts. Disprove them if you can.

Sad and deluded. If you think not shifting 52,000 season tickets is a sign of a shit board, running a shit club, you really have a serious problem mate.

Hey, but then again, your boss has admitted he isn't bothered that we haven;t won a trophy, he's happy to have stayed at SJP instead, so the board have fulfilled his dreams and ambitions.

Sad and deluded or what.

Shame Wullie, but I think people like you should give it a rest and get some perspective instead of coming out with the tripe that you do. I have posted facts, not opinions, facts. Disprove them if you can.

Sad and deluded. If you think not shifting 52,000 season tickets is a sign of a shit board, running a shit club, you really have a serious problem mate.

The thing is who can't shift tickets??!?!  52,017 average gate 300 below capacity, while being below 12th for most of the season..........

Sad and deluded or what.

Hey, but then again, your boss has admitted he isn't bothered that we haven;t won a trophy, he's happy to have stayed at SJP instead, so the board have fulfilled his dreams and ambitions.

My boss. :lol:

I should give it a rest? Funny but I'm not the one who mentioned the board, and have no intention of doing so.

Still, keep plugging away. :thup:

Sad and deluded or what.

My boss. :lol:

I should give it a rest? Funny but I'm not the one who mentioned the board, and have no intention of doing so.

Still, keep plugging away. :thup:

eerrrr........you are supporting the notion that we can't shift 52,000 season tickets because we have a shite board, right ?

:lol:

Actually, to keep this thread on topic, you could post your comments on these proposed improvements, and it would be nice to know what your opinion is of the people who are obviously running the club successfully enough to give you the confidence that it would be carried out if you think it is a good idea ?

eerrrr........you are supporting the notion that we can't shift 52,000 season tickets because we have a shite board, right ?

No I was correcting Stevie on what he said. Never mentioned 52,000 season tickets, never mentioned a shite board.

Is this hard for you to understand?

No I was correcting Stevie on what he said. Never mentioned 52,000 season tickets, never mentioned a shite board.

So, what is your opinion on "only" selling 40-45,000 tickets ?

Do you or do you not, think expanding the stadium further is a viable project ? Do you think we should have moved to Castle Leazes ? If not, then is it because you think we wouldn't get the support, or do you think the current directors aren't capable of overseeing the project as opposed to their predecessors who were unable to improve SJP in the previous 80 years ?

I hope you can give an honest answer, and not find it too difficult for yourself.

So, what is your opinion on "only" selling 40-45,000 tickets ?

Do you or do you not, think expanding the stadium further is a viable project ? Do you think we should have moved to Castle Leazes ? If not, then is it because you think we wouldn't get the support, or do you think the current directors aren't capable of overseeing the project as opposed to their predecessors who were unable to improve SJP in the previous 80 years ?

Who are you quoting when you say "only"?

Easy to say with hindsight. Not forgetting your agenda of course. I don't remember you saying that in The Mag at the time, so does this mean you also lacked vision ?

Think you need to go and do some re-reading  :winking:

A successful Newcastle would fill a 70,000 ground, the Keegan era proved that. Filling a 52,000 ground with a team that hasn't won a trophy also proves it. Yes probably not for a home game in the League Cup against a 4th division team or whatever. But for the majority of the time it would.

Not convinced on your definition of "proof". "Proof" usually means incontrovertible evidence. So "proof" would be like "England are not in the World Cup final". Anyone suggesting that we would have got 70,000 under Keegan is expressing an opinion as I don't recall 70,000 actually being in the ground for any game under him. Similarly getting 52,000 now and suggesting we'd get 55,000 or 70,000 or 100,000 is just guess work and not "proof". Me suggesting we may not need any more than 52,000 is similarly guess work. I liked your leap from my example of this season's upcoming Premiership games to 4th division League Cup games, nice one.

You have a point about there being smaller crowds if season tickets were not "compulsory" and people attended on a match to match basis. This is also something I've often though about, through knowing through experience of when we had a shit board that nobody wanted to go to games and support the club anymore. However, I see it in a positive light, and think that at the end of the day, it is up to club to make sure they tap their potential and set standards high enough to keep it filled.

I have to admit you are older than me

Not convinced on your definition of "proof". "Proof" usually means incontrovertible evidence. So "proof" would be like "England are not in the World Cup final". Anyone suggesting that we would have got 70,000 under Keegan is expressing an opinion as I don't recall 70,000 actually being in the ground for any game under him. Similarly getting 52,000 now and suggesting we'd get 55,000 or 70,000 or 100,000 is just guess work and not "proof". Me suggesting we may not need any more than 52,000 is similarly guess work. I liked your leap from my example of this season's upcoming Premiership games to 4th division League Cup games, nice one.

You wrote in the Mag that the club should move the pitch and rebuild the stadium 50 yards away, going to all that expense to build a stadium of less than 52,000 - as you say you don't think we would fill it ? If that is the case, what is the point of doing that rather than be happy with what we have now ?

What is your opinion on the directors managing to achieve what our old directors failed to do in 80 years ?

How do you call the board lacking in vision and ambition when you have said you think the club wouldn't fill a bigger stadium often enough to make it viable ?

Why do you not want the club to buy quality players when it means them going over budget sometimes ie speculating ?

Bit rich of you to say the current board have no ambition, because from what I can see there is only one person here who lacks ambition, and its you. I bet you loved the old board, who sat in no mans land, looking at the books, taking no risks, and simply selling a player when they needed to pay off a debt or do something to the ground. Further shown by your failure to believe the club could fill a 70,000 stadium if they were even fairly successful. You have no idea of the potential of the club do you ?

Yes, I am a bit older than you. And ? Does this mean you are going to take my word as being more aware and experienced than yours ?

You would do yourself a favour if you did .......

You wrote in the Mag that the club should move the pitch and rebuild the stadium 50 yards away, going to all that expense to build a stadium of less than 52,000 - as you say you don't think we would fill it ? If that is the case, what is the point of doing that rather than be happy with what we have now ?

Which Mag was that in ?

What is your opinion on the directors managing to achieve what our old directors failed to do in 80 years ?

You tell me, its far easier if you just tell me what I'm going to say rather than me having to wait for your reply twisting what I'd just said.

How do you call the board lacking in vision and ambition when you have said you think the club wouldn't fill a bigger stadium often enough to make it equally viable ?

Beautifully constructed question

Why do you not want the club to buy quality players when it means them going over budget sometimes ie speculating ?

I'm happy we should spend all the money we have available on players, but not any more than that. Why do you actively support the club spending money on buying shares from Sir John Hall rather than spending it on players, or saving to spend on players ?

Bit rich of you to say the current board have no ambition, where ? because from what I can see there is only one person here who lacks ambition, and its you.

I bet the loved the old board, who sat in no mans land, looking at the books, taking no risks, and simply selling a player when they needed to pay off a debt or do something to the ground. Further shown by your failure to believe the club could fill a 70,000 stadium if they were even fairly successful. You have no idea of the potential of the club do you ?

BIG jump there, even for you, and at your age. Just cos I saw us getting only 37,000 for a Uefa quarter-final 14 months ago you seem to think I show no ambition. 37,000 for a European quarter final would make a 70,000 stadium look like Stadium of Light. I think we all know the potential, or believe we do. Sometimes reality has to be looked at too

Yes, I am a bit older than you. And ? Does this mean you are going to take my word as being more aware and experienced than yours ?

Maybe more experienced, but demonstrably not more aware

Which Mag was that in ?

You tell me, its far easier if you just tell me what I'm going to say rather than me having to wait for your reply twisting what I'd just said.

How do you call the board lacking in vision and ambition when you have said you think the club wouldn't fill a bigger stadium often enough to make it equally viable ?

I'm happy we should spend all the money we have available on players, but not any more than that. Why do you actively support the club spending money on buying shares from Sir John Hall rather than spending it on players, or saving to spend on players ?

Bit rich of you to say the current board have no ambition, where ? because from what I can see there is only one person here who lacks ambition, and its you.

I bet the loved the old board, who sat in no mans land, looking at the books, taking no risks, and simply selling a player when they needed to pay off a debt or do something to the ground. Further shown by your failure to believe the club could fill a 70,000 stadium if they were even fairly successful. You have no idea of the potential of the club do you ?

BIG jump there, even for you, and at your age. Just cos I saw us getting only 37,000 for a Uefa quarter-final 14 months ago you seem to think I show no ambition. 37,000 for a European quarter final would make a 70,000 stadium look like Stadium of Light. I think we all know the potential, or believe we do. Sometimes reality has to be looked at too

You implied you wrote that, if you didn't I'll revert to my original statement.

The rest is your usual negative, unambitious rubbish mate. You would have loved the old board.

I think you know, eerr, not very much about Newcastle United.

Cheers, for the informed replies.

Which Mag was that in ?

No you said I'd written it, not me. It is often like that:

Reality >>>>> reported facts >>>>> journalistic guesswork >>>>> Sun made-up stories >>>>> complete and utter rubbish >>>>> NE5 proof

The rest is your usual negative, unambitious rubbish mate. You would have loved the old board.

Ditto. I always know where to get a good made up story. You could be the new old Mr Grace, seen it all, know it all, and everyone smiles at you.

macbeth

I made a point in my reply to your post to me earlier about the value of the manager. If I've missed your reply in among the odd way you quote people I'm sorry, but I haven't seen one.

I'd appreciate a reply if you feel able to drag yourself away from your current diatribe.

Cheers

Which Mag was that in ?

No you said I'd written it, not me. It is often like that:

Reality >>>>> reported facts >>>>> journalistic guesswork >>>>> Sun made-up stories >>>>> complete and utter rubbish >>>>> NE5 proof

Ditto. I always know where to get a good made up story. You could be the new old Mr Grace, seen it all, know it all, and everyone smiles at you.

I can't be arsed with you mate. You have made your position quite clear, You think we should run the club with prohibitive transfer limits like Everton, Villa etc etc...then oddly complain the club lacks ambition. Then decline to answer my question as to your opinion on the current board succeeding in developing the ground, which their predecessors going back 80 years had failed to achieve.

You indeed would have loved the old board, having implied you would be happy buying players for 2 or 3m quid, just so long as the club doesn't have the courage to attempt to tap its considerable fanbase, and take dividends. You should support the mackems, they fit your criteria perfectly, they only buy 2nd rate players for half a milliion quid or the equivalent, as we did ourselves for over 30 years before the Halls and Shepherd.

You then say you doubt that a bigger stadium of 52,000 than necessary for NUFC to fulfill their potential. Priceless.

Not to mention the lie you said previously, that you were happy with the way the club was run until the summer of 2003 - until I turned up the article you wrote in the Mag in 1998 complaining about money paid in dividends.

I think you should stick to the outside knowledge of the club that you have from living in Dunfermline, because you certainly have absolutely no idea of the potential of Newcastle United.

What do you think of Englands performance under Eriksson, having been appointed by Crozier, the man you said was "perfect for Newcastle " - until you realised he wouldn't do the job for free....

And what do you think of Polygon taking over the club, what has happened to them, as you clearly think anyone but the Halls and Shepherd would do a better job ? As grass doesn't answer...and he seems to agree with you effect or something.....I'm curious to know your opinion, as you seem to consider yourself to be a financial expert or something....although not a footballing one....

macbeth

I made a point in my reply to your post to me earlier about the value of the manager. If I've missed your reply in among the odd way you quote people I'm sorry, but I haven't seen one.

I'd appreciate a reply if you feel able to drag yourself away from your current diatribe.

Cheers

Unless he harps on about dividends, he's not interested, and hasn;t a clue either mate.