Emil Krafth signs one-year contract extension (Official)

Nobody

Probably time to put Almiron in front of one of them and put Gayle central. Would mean completely changing the system that’s seen this ‘great improvement’ but it could be messy.

I’d even be tempted to move Hayden to right-back and put Longstaff back in which is saying something given how poor he’s been the last year or so.

Cutting out our best attacking outlet and one of few rays of hope of late, sacrificing Almiron’s form and quality to play him wide just in the hope he’d make Krath less s***.  :idiot2:

Systems fine, Joe’s not perfect in front of him, but can’t be thinking so defensively akin to playing Jonas just to defend the left side. No amount of help could save Krath at this level.

Doesn’t have to make him any less of an attacking outlet. Almiron & Fraser still have the pace and skill to be a threat from wide but they’re also a bit more switched on defensively. Traore & Semedo against ASM & Lewis could be a car crash for instance. Semedo had about 4 scoring opportunities himself against Leeds on Friday night and they’re half decent. We also saw what Lamptey did to us for Brighton earlier in the season.

Probably time to put Almiron in front of one of them and put Gayle central. Would mean completely changing the system that’s seen this ‘great improvement’ but it could be messy.

I’d even be tempted to move Hayden to right-back and put Longstaff back in which is saying something given how poor he’s been the last year or so.

Cutting out our best attacking outlet and one of few rays of hope of late, sacrificing Almiron’s form and quality to play him wide just in the hope he’d make Krath less s***.  :idiot2:

Systems fine, Joe’s not perfect in front of him, but can’t be thinking so defensively akin to playing Jonas just to defend the left side. No amount of help could save Krath at this level.

Doesn’t have to make him any less of an attacking outlet. Almiron & Fraser still have the pace and skill to be a threat from wide but they’re also a bit more switched on defensively. Traore & Semedo against ASM & Lewis could be a car crash for instance. Semedo had about 4 scoring opportunities himself against Leeds on Friday night and they’re half decent. We also saw what Lamptey did to us for Brighton earlier in the season.

Who’s going to play through the middle of Almiron wide? Without Wilson, it’s nobody worth it to change. Almiron’s been miles our best player last few games. What you might gain playing Almiron wide, you instantly lose by having whatever dosser you choose to play up front, all whilst it being a net loss with Almiron being wide.

Simple fact of having Joe wide and Almiron central is far better, as wherever you put him he’s a donkey, so may as well wide and play to strength and form of Almiron.

Squads a shambles, and few players of the quality we need at best. Out of them all, only ASM and Almiron are in the side. Dubravka can’t get a game, and Schar, Wilson injured, Lejune playing in La Liga!

ASM apparently isn’t even fit still, and had his heed up his arse tonight (goal aside) because Bissaka didn’t just roll over for him. So basically leaves Almiron as only hope! Which is plain and evident on that showing, running by himself with no one bothering past a jog to support in 30yards

Joelinton or Gayle it’d have to be, or even ASM just for one game with Willock supporting from a number 10 position. Horses for courses and all that but I think the way they play with Jonny, Semedo, Traore and Neto as wing-backs and wingers, the full-backs are going to need a bit more protection even if they were good themselves. I just think Almiron & Fraser are going to better out wide against this sort of system to protect the full-backs but they’re still going to be able to go at their wing-backs themselves. Might even push them back a bit if they’re a bit wary of Almiron and Fraser on the break.

Imagine how shit your academy system must be if we can't produce full backs to put pressure on and replace players of Emil Krafth's ability. One thing our academy should be doing is producing competent full backs. Easiest position on the pitch.

The centre mids should be providing the cover for the full backs in this formation, but Shelvey doesn’t do it and Willock is too busy trying to get forward to support Almiron and can’t do everything.

We need more from Hayden tbh - normally really like him but haven’t been impressed by his efforts in the last two games.

• 2 weeks later...

Not in any way, shape or form a PL player. Fucking dreadful. Absolutely fucking awful.

He is tripe. So many times today he lost the ball, made the wrong decision or just passed/headed it into a dangerous area OR straight to an opposition player!

We must have better options than this useless cunt.

4/10 - Thought he had a decent game by his standards. Usually leaves the pitch with his heed spinning after whatever winger running him ragged all game. Managed to get through 90 mins without putting us in the shit and costing us a game.

Would have made more sense having Pereira or Diangana (if he was fit) down that side and run at him like every side does. Missed a trick there did Sam!

Absolutely shocking that our chief scout Steve Nickson has been scouting Emil Krafth since 2014 and that he and Steve Bruce convinced Lee Charnley to spend some extra millions to get him signed. It’s been so obvious during all his career that he’s a very limited player and not good enough for the Premier League. There’s a reason why Mikael Lustig is first choice right back at the Swedish national team.

This guy is far worse than any other right back we've seen regularly play for us in the PL. He's worse than Yedlin, far worse than Danny Simpson (who was pretty shit) and not a patch on Manquillo.

Whoever scouted him needs to be sectioned.

He's really bad. I still think Stephen Carr was worse but there isn't a lot in it.

Stephen Carr was very poor but still put in a good cross every now and then. Sure he had a good game for us playing DM at Old Trafford once, if my memory is right.

That alone is more than I can ever see this guy doing for us.

He looks very poor, however the way he is coached and the instructions he does or does not receive must be taken into context 

I'm the first to criticise our bog-awful manager and his coaching crew of Steve Wankers but, fuck me, this cunt couldn't even pass to his own team on Saturday. I mean he was utterly fucking woeful. He's not even championship standard.