Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Genuinely moved by that last night, like. Easily the most visually impressive fan contribution I've ever seen at a football match. Couldn't have felt prouder to have contributed and have my name on it.

A massive well done and, more importantly, thank you to all involved.

Guest alijmitchell

I know these guys don't need my input as they are doing amazing amazing stuff, but it would be great to see that unfurled at the Gallowgate and for them to also use their skills to bring visuals to the other areas of the ground. I also always think its a shame the brilliant visuals and atmosphere ends with the start of the match. If the club ever allowed a singing section, it could really become a singing and flag section!

I know these guys don't need my input as they are doing amazing amazing stuff, but it would be great to see that unfurled at the Gallowgate and for them to also use their skills to bring visuals to the other areas of the ground. I also always think its a shame the brilliant visuals and atmosphere ends with the start of the match. If the club ever allowed a singing section, it could really become a singing and flag section!

There is a singing section in the gallowgate, just the roof blocks most of the noise from reaching the rest of the stadium

The spanish city is very prominent isn't it :lol:

What is the small building infront of the monument? That is the only thing I can't identify.

p.s. 10/10 for effort. So thrilled you guys do what you do. Really helps the atmosphere in terms of positivity, especially when we have an owner intent on sucking all positivity our of us.

*OBVIOUSLY* our Yaxley-Lennon-loving friends down the road think we're being filthy pro-Islamist bastards.  :lol: (Also, the fucking effort by the original tweeter of sticking some text over it :spit:)

https://twitter.com/D14604030/status/1125068122891931651?s=20

Guest Howaythetoon

Amazing, but WE ARE THE MUGS surely?

No need

My tongue was firmly in cheek with that post of mine, even if the mugs sentiment holds a degree of truth which I personally believe is what all fans are these days who pay to become some kind of card carrying fully paid up member to follow their club in person physically or on their person by way of a replica shirt, especially ours.

Mugs for donating their hard earned money to the unworthy cause that is a Mike Ashley ownership and paying the salaries of players and managers like Alan Pardew and Jack Colback who represent themselves and their own personal cause fans’ money brings them ahead of any other other cause, the fans’ own especially. Whatever that now is today.

Owners, players and manager whose cause is to their own wealth and fame, control and power - which 90% of those who represent our clubs and our game are loyal to and honour the pursuit of first, even a lot of the good ‘uns amongst them. Any other cause secondary to their own and most fans’ last on the list or not even listed.

For Wor Flags I donated to their own cause and although they personally added the names of those who donated to help fund the banner (I opted to remain anonymous), the message WE ARE THE MAGS has the name of everyone of us on that banner anyway which I’ve interpreted as a message to the owner, players and managers and some so-called fans as WE ARE Newcastle United, not you.

The spanish city is very prominent isn't it :lol:

What is the small building infront of the monument? That is the only thing I can't identify.

p.s. 10/10 for effort. So thrilled you guys do what you do. Really helps the atmosphere in terms of positivity, especially when we have an owner intent on sucking all positivity our of us.

It's a Greggs shop, we didn't want to fully advertise it so we just put their logo on

The fuckin state of that roof.

It's ruining some photos of this for me tbh. An amazing effort from Wor Flags but SJP really is becoming a disgrace with the fucking dirt all over it.

Amazing, but WE ARE THE MUGS surely?

No need

My tongue was firmly in cheek with that post of mine, even if the mugs sentiment holds a degree of truth which I personally believe is what all fans are these days who pay to become some kind of card carrying fully paid up member to follow their club in person physically or on their person by way of a replica shirt, especially ours.

Mugs for donating their hard earned money to the unworthy cause that is a Mike Ashley ownership and paying the salaries of players and managers like Alan Pardew and Jack Colback who represent themselves and their own personal cause fans’ money brings them ahead of any other other cause, the fans’ own especially. Whatever that now is today.

Owners, players and manager whose cause is to their own wealth and fame, control and power - which 90% of those who represent our clubs and our game are loyal to and honour the pursuit of first, even a lot of the good ‘uns amongst them. Any other cause secondary to their own and most fans’ last on the list or not even listed.

For Wor Flags I donated to their own cause and although they personally added the names of those who donated to help fund the banner (I opted to remain anonymous), the message WE ARE THE MAGS has the name of everyone of us on that banner anyway which I’ve interpreted as a message to the owner, players and managers and some so-called fans as WE ARE Newcastle United, not you.

HTT, I like you and you often make some good points. But you can’t go around calling our own, superb fans which are often all that’s any good about this club ‘mugs’. I’m fully behind anyone who wishes to not attend and also those who do wish to attend, I see good reasons for both positions. Neither are mugs.

For the folk asking where's this and that here's an insight as to what happened.

We talked about this last year and actually started the gofundme 5 months ago and out it on our Twitter etc. I can't remember the exact figure but in the first month it slowly got up to £700 or so., but then with all the anti Ashley and pro Rafa campaigns it was put on the back burner. We thought about abandoning the idea and giving the money back or giving it one last blast thinking it would crawl along and we'd do it for next season all being well with Rafa. With this in mind we told Dan our designer he had months to knock something up, well, it went crazy! We raised the total in about 3 weeks and with the prospect of the Liverpool game being Rafa's last plus the fact it would take 3 weeks just to print the material never mind stitch it all together poor Dan had to design then draw all the landmarks in a week. I'm not really sure how vectors work but basically he put in a 70 hour week and this is when he's self employed and just had a bairn. We had a massive list of landmarks and we all agreed that the city centre usual suspects had to be on, we did have Bamburgh castle , Lindisfarne etc on but it was simply a matter of space (and time).

For Durham cathedral we really had no choice, nearly half the merch we sell is to a DH postcode , we have a massive Durham fanbase which was present long before 1992 and didn't just happen with Keegan's arrival as our friends down the road  would have you believe.

Anyway I'm from Whickham so technically Co Durham and I've been going since 1973!

It's also sent the mackems into meltdown which is never a bad thing, as it happens Andy one of our group lives in Doxford Park, he's a Washington lad and been a mag all his life so they're lucky we didn't put Penshaw monument on.

We thought we'd make it a bit lighthearted so we hoyed a few fans on with flags, a  domestos advert ,a Ringtons van, a bottle of Lucozade ( if you can find it) and various other things.

Btw it was me that insisted the cows were on, can't have a flag with local stuff on and not have the Toon Moor Coos on can ya ??

For the folk asking where's this and that here's an insight as to what happened.

We talked about this last year and actually started the gofundme 5 months ago and out it on our Twitter etc. I can't remember the exact figure but in the first month it slowly got up to £700 or so., but then with all the anti Ashley and pro Rafa campaigns it was put on the back burner. We thought about abandoning the idea and giving the money back or giving it one last blast thinking it would crawl along and we'd do it for next season all being well with Rafa. With this in mind we told Dan our designer he had months to knock something up, well, it went crazy! We raised the total in about 3 weeks and with the prospect of the Liverpool game being Rafa's last plus the fact it would take 3 weeks just to print the material never mind stitch it all together poor Dan had to design then draw all the landmarks in a week. I'm not really sure how vectors work but basically he put in a 70 hour week and this is when he's self employed and just had a bairn. We had a massive list of landmarks and we all agreed that the city centre usual suspects had to be on, we did have Bamburgh castle , Lindisfarne etc on but it was simply a matter of space (and time).

For Durham cathedral we really had no choice, nearly half the merch we sell is to a DH postcode , we have a massive Durham fanbase which was present long before 1992 and didn't just happen with Keegan's arrival as our friends down the road  would have you believe.

Anyway I'm from Whickham so technically Co Durham and I've been going since 1973!

It's also sent the mackems into meltdown which is never a bad thing, as it happens Andy one of our group lives in Doxford Park, he's a Washington lad and been a mag all his life so they're lucky we didn't put Penshaw monument on.

We thought we'd make it a bit lighthearted so we hoyed a few fans on with flags, a  domestos advert ,a Ringtons van, a bottle of Lucozade ( if you can find it) and various other things.

Btw it was me that insisted the cows were on, can't have a flag with local stuff on and not have the Toon Moor Coos on can ya ??

Cracking job.  Is there a jpg of the design anywhere so everything can be picked out?

You lot are absolute kings among men. Thank you for these last few years.

Please, please, please. It'll finally push most of them over the edge  :lol:

Fucking wish you'd put Penshaw monument on it. I honestly think they'd spontaneously combust!!!

Sure Blaydon Races lyrics are on it above the Magpie in the middle.

As previously said absolutely magnificent effort.