Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Too much to say this lad has been the signing of the season? Ings has been class so has Fernandes but no other player increases their teams win % as Maxi. There was a stat a few weeks ago with out him in our team we would have finished on 28 points, and another one where I’d he’d played every game we’d have finished on 72. Or do I just have my black and white tinted glasses on.

I don't think us being s*** makes him signing of the season, but he's obviously been incredibly important and we're massively lucky he was able to contribute so much.

It’s not just about us bein shit though is it? I mean 72 points would have us in third.

I don't think us being s*** makes him signing of the season, but he's obviously been incredibly important and we're massively lucky he was able to contribute so much.

It’s not just about us bein shit though is it? I mean 72 points would have us in third.

It's a bullshit stat tbh. We had 36.49 expected goals this season, only behind Crystal Palace. We were very very lucky when he wasn't on the pitch and extremely lucky when he was on the pitch. He's obviously monumental for us but we were the worst team in the league according to understat.com and should have been comfortably relegated.

Linked with Wolves today

Yeah was just about to post that from the Mail - "one player the Midlands club are focused on signing is Newcastle United winger Allan Saint-Maximin"

Weren't there whispers from his agent around February about this too? Pretty certain they're after him like

Linked with Wolves today

Yeah was just about to post that from the Mail - "one player the Midlands club are focused on signing is Newcastle United winger Allan Saint-Maximin"

Weren't there whispers from his agent around February about this too? Pretty certain they're after him like

Just sounds like a lazy 2+2 thing to me... an easy story to write. Adama is highly-rated, and ASM is the next most similar player on a similar trajectory in the league. They may well be interested but I don't think the guys writing the articles would know that.