Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Wish I could get a hold of a BeoutQ set top box, no way am I going to keep lining the pockets of the Premier leagues royalty clubs who objected to the takeover.

The existence of BeoutQ is why they couldn't buy us you know.

Wish I could get a hold of a BeoutQ set top box, no way am I going to keep lining the pockets of the Premier leagues royalty clubs who objected to the takeover.

And now they’re not, why does it matter to you? Enjoy the club under Ashley btw, or are you hoping our imaginary bid from the states comes true?

And now they’re not, why does it matter to you? Enjoy the club under Ashley btw, or are you hoping our imaginary bid from the states comes true?

No need for this like. Nobody wants Ashley to stay, there are also very good reasons why some didn't want the Saudis

Aren’t the Reuben Bros. ostensibly wealthy enough to buy the club in their own right? Obviously they’d be fronting quite a bit more cash than if they were minority owners in PIF-led consortium.

Aren’t the Reuben Bros. ostensibly wealthy enough to buy the club in their own right? Obviously they’d be fronting quite a bit more cash than if they were minority owners in PIF-led consortium.

They are, but it seems like they're involved more for commercial/property development opportunities in the city rather than an interest in football.

They are, but it seems like they're involved more for commercial/property development opportunities in the city rather than an interest in football.

:thup:

No need for this like. Nobody wants Ashley to stay, there are also very good reasons why some didn't want the Saudis

Yeah my tone was a bit confrontational, I admit, but my question stands.

Just out of interest, could anything stop them taking a 49% stake in the club? Would they still have to go through all the tests?

The Premier League are still yet to comment on the record about the failed takeover but those at Newcastle are now kicking on with planning for the new season to ensure that Steve Bruce's side is equipped to survive the drop.

:suicide:

My personal opinion is that PIF are a lot more to blame than the PL for the takeover failing to happen. The Saudi's appear to have been typically stubborn, condescending and unhelpful throughout the process. I think Slater's article in the athletic is probably an accurate summary of what happened, because of the open stealing of IP neither PIF or SA were ever going to pass the O&D test. The fact that they wouldn't acknowledge any wrong just made it easier not to say yes. 

My personal opinion is that PIF are a lot more to blame than the PL for the takeover failing to happen. The Saudi's appear to have been typically stubborn, condescending and unhelpful throughout the process. I think Slater's article in the athletic is probably an accurate summary of what happened, because of the open stealing of IP neither PIF or SA were ever going to pass the O&D test. The fact that they wouldn't acknowledge any wrong just made it easier not to say yes.

They chose the worst ever timing to officially ban Bein sports, but Premier League totally fucked up bundling up the MENA region. Think that was also proof that PIF are independent from KSA

how come the PL haven’t withdrawn Roman Abramovich’s fit and proper status? As he no longer has the right to live and work in the U.K., I thought that was one of the tests of the O&D test.

How can you withdraw a fit and proper status?

:thup: That's my feeling as well. Premier League aren't blameless, and their handling of the situation (particularly communication) has been awful, but they aren't the main reason this failed. The Saudis have made it impossible to wave through at almost every step, every time it seemed close something new came out.

:thup: That's my feeling as well. Premier League aren't blameless, and their handling of the situation (particularly communication) has been awful, but they aren't the main reason this failed. The Saudis have made it impossible to wave through at almost every step, every time it seemed close something new came out.

All PL had to do was say - FAIL for that reason.  But no....they sat quiet for 4 months.  PL are totally to blame for this farce.

Which other team in the premiership admits they start every season with the aim to avoid relegation? I admit I don’t read their local media so it’s a genuine question

I don't think any really, perhaps West Brom and the play off winners will?

On that note, I was also reading some articles in regards to Brighton and their recruitment, the stated aim is to establish themselves within the top 10, may be unlikely, but at least they're offering hope to fans rather than being content with a middling status quo

how come the PL haven’t withdrawn Roman Abramovich’s fit and proper status? As he no longer has the right to live and work in the U.K., I thought that was one of the tests of the O&D test.

How can you withdraw a fit and proper status?

States at the bottom of the test it can be reviewed

Guest neesy111

Privately a few teams will but we are the only one's that do it so publicly.  They can get absolute fucked,  bunch of spineless cunts.

So disappointing that the Reuben bros and Staveley couldn't find other backing for this.

Was always so complex with the Saudis. What was the group Staveley was with originally again?