Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

• 1 month later...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/21/christian-atsu-newcastle-rafael-benitez

Nice piece. Does seem like a very, very good egg.

If Atsu ain't your thing, fans of people talking about how great Rafa is will also enjoy the article.

Good article, seems like a good guy.

I think Rafas sees him as one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment he was rested for Blackburn Home, away and the Watford cup matches.

Really he’s got the only bit of pace on the break we have had and ideally  I’d like to see both him and Almiron start matches together till the end of the season.

Obviously his end product still needs a lot of work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Who on earth is the guy commenting underneath?  Saying, “i was critical of Atsu’s charity work in a previous post”  :kasper:

No idea what he’s on about,  but i find it amazing that someone has nothing better to do than criticising someone else’s charity commitments online.  World’s fucked...

I like him me. Not many clubs around us have as solid a back up as him on the wings. Has made a real positive impact numerous times this season. Quality squad player, much better than the likes of Adama Traore.

Aye, agreed on both counts. Traore is tragic like.

• 2 weeks later...

He's our only real outlet beside Almirón. Not saying he's any good, but in terms of attacking players with pace to just carry the ball to relieve pressure we've got no one else. Almirón will be such a miss for the Liverpool game.

Gor nothing against the lad, he puts a shift in, just isn't good enough at this level, even as a sub. Rafa has been complaining about exactly this, we lose a couple of players to injury and we've got nothing to come in.

He’s been a solid buy from his loan in the championship to some performances last season but he’s a consistent 6 out of 10 player. If we don’t want to be a team that’s just staying up we need a better alternative.

I was hoping it was going to be Murphy to take his place but it seems he needs more game time.