Tomorrow's Mirror!!

Guest Christian Hayne

Guest Christian Hayne

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has given Glenn Roeder one month to turn the clubs fortunes around or his future at Newcastle United may come to a premature end after a successful stint as caretaker manager. Glenn Roeder is under mounting pressure to turn the clubs results around after the clubs form in the premiership has only amounted to 7 points from 9 games; the worst start to a premiership season since the 1999/2000 campaign. Freddy Shepherd is keeping tabs on Alan Curbishley’s situation as he begins to find a solution to the faltering team. 

My brother sent me this from his office in London working for the Mirror, although it may not be a respectable paper for gossip. i thought it was interesting and you may want to know.

Newcastle fans have given Freddy Shepherd one month to turn the clubs fortunes around or his future at Newcastle United may come to a premature end after a somewhat unsuccessful stint as chairman. Shepherd is under mounting pressure to turn the clubs results around after the clubs form in the premiership has only amounted to 7 points from 9 games; the worst start to a premiership season since the 1999/2000 campaign. A cash rich sheikh is keeping tabs on Ottmar Hitzfelds situation as he begins to find a solution to the faltering club

My brother sent me this from his office in London working for the Mirror, although it may not be a respectable paper for gossip. i thought it was interesting and you may want to know.

Guest Knightrider

Harry Harris said on John Barnes' footy show the other night that Roeder's position is very unstable and that the talk in the media is Alan Curbishley.

Great, from one dippy cockney to another.

Guest Christian Hayne

who is harry harris is he involved with the club how would he know!!! perhaps glenn roeder was only installed as caretaker but still named as manager, until curbishley the manager maybe that he shepherd always wanted had recieved the last of his pay packets then he could be manager here.

Curbishley seems like great bloke and I've always liked him. He's no great manager, but somewhere between decent and good. But he's not someone who will take this club to Champions League, but he could stabilize this for a moment.

If we are aiming between positions 6-9, Curbishley is good choice. But if we want to aim higher, we need someone like Hitzfeld.

Guest Knightrider

I'd rather have Keegan than Curbishley who is just another second rate manager who'd come in, do a decent job in X first number of games, the shit hits the fan and we start this whole vicious circle all over again. If we are to replace Roeder it needs to be with a superior manager. Trouble is they wouldn't touch us with a barge poll.

Actually Curbishley fits the bill, free and available.

Curbishley isn't the manager I hoped for, nor do I think he's a good manager, but he's clearly better than Roeder.  And sadly, we're getting to the state were we're not going to be able to attract anyone with any ounce of proper quality. 

Last season was a decent chance, as it was the season we signed Owen, and all the hype that came with that, but we blew it in appointing Roeder.  Now, we're just in decline, crowds dropping (and deservedly so), star signings playing like shite.  We're going nowhere, and fast...