Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

• 5 weeks later...

Looked really good up front tbh, his work outside the box was impressive as in it. I don't like picking up other teams crocks, but you could see the logic for a team that just wants to survive. Even if he just plays sporadically, he can pick up enough points to make the difference, and I said this when we signed him.

Guest neesy111

Carroll was excellent in the first 5-10 mins he came on, but he was also the reason we struggled in the last 10 mins as 1) we were hoofing to him and 2) he has no legs.

So it's double edged sword with him.

Guest chicken little

had a good (very good, tbh) season-and-a-half almost ten years ago, and has never touched ten league goals in a season since. it's not so much that he's finished so much as he barely started.

had a good (very good, tbh) season-and-a-half almost ten years ago, and has never touched ten league goals in a season since. it's not so much that he's finished so much as he barely started.

Loved him in that Championship season. He was banging them in and putting a huge amount of effort in every game.

Other way of looking at it, if we’d signed another striker capable of playing 30 plus instead then we might have scored more over the season.

We did sign another striker capable of playing30 plus games. For £40M

I meant the second striker being capable of playing 30 games. Let’s pretend for a minute Joelinton was good and he broke his leg in September, we’d have been pretty fucked.

Guest neesy111

Loved him in that Championship season. He was banging them in and putting a huge amount of effort in every game.

That 2010 year was ridiculous.

That 2010 year was ridiculous.

It was really enjoyable. I remember the Doncaster away game, which he was outstanding. It was only 1-0 to us, but he just was unplayable (I appreciate it was Doncaster) - finished well, led the line superbly. I'm sure that was his 10th goal in 10 games at the time.

He's changed my mind and think he has justified a contract extension no matter who owns, manages and plays for the club next season. I think he's a good addition to the team. He's a senior player in a relatively young squad, knows the club and the people within it well. As far as I can see he is a good communicator on the pitch and assume he is the same in training as well, and he's a good option to have on the bench - look at the way he took down the ball, controlled it, looked up and passed the ball to Gayle against Villa - excellent play!

He's changed my mind and think he has justified a contract extension no matter who owns, manages and plays for the club next season. I think he's a good addition to the team. He's a senior player in a relatively young squad, knows the club and the people within it well. As far as I can see he is a good communicator on the pitch and assume he is the same in training as well, and he's a good option to have on the bench - look at the way he took down the ball, controlled it, looked up and passed the ball to Gayle against Villa - excellent play!

His shit decision to play a terrible cross field ball led to their goal though.

I didn't even think it was that bad of a ball to try, he just overhit it.

There were a lot of players more to blame than Carroll overhitting a pass on the halfway line for their goal

I didn't even think it was that bad of a ball to try, he just overhit it.

There were a lot of players more to blame than Carroll overhitting a pass on the halfway line for their goal

Oh, completely. I'd include some of them in the "ditch them when we're mega rich" list too.

I wouldn't go that far. While I could see the logic in signing him for a side who's only ambition is to survive, I would like to think if we are taken over we'll be bringing in better standards, and better players similar to Man U and Chelsea. Not sure I see the point in having him here unless it's a goodwill thing, and he's showing more maturity to be an example for younger players.