sunderland

JH

Villa is run by very weak individuals, who let the club go into slide, and it was their own faults.

Are you for real?

Villa put too much trust in O'Neill. O'Neill's idea of a transfer policy is that you have no scouting network (genuinely, that's not an exaggeration, we didn't have any), and that you buy only from the home market.

He bought 30 odd players at Villa. The number who weren't playing already in the UK? Two. And one of those only happened because Lyon got on the blower and offered him to us.

MON will only work somewhere where he's the undisputed power - on and off the pitch. That's why Quinn has been shunted away. At Villa, MON worked with three chief executives - Richard FitzGerald, Michael Cunnah and Paul Faulkner.

The first two left because they found MON impossible to work with. the final one was the one who told him he had to do something about the wage bill. He refused, hoping he'd win again, only not to, as he was up against one of Lerner's closest advisors.

So what did he do? He threw his toys out of the pram and left, *five days* before the start of the season. That screwed up last season for us, and if you want an indicator of where his fucking shameful transfer policy left us, look at the logic in buying an enitre defence in 2008-09 (Friedel. Shorey. Curtis Davies, Cuellar, Luke Young - who he could have had for 2m the year before, but waited and paid 5m for) then, deciding he didn't rate them almost immediately, going out the next season and buying ANOTHER entire defence (Beye, Warnock, Collins, Dunne).

You can point at Ashley Young and say he was a good signing (he was), and Milner was superb for us, but as he'd already spent a year with us before, that one was hardly earth shattering in terms of him scouting out a gem.

When he left, he left us with a wage bill that was 88% of our turnover, and at that point I think we had the sixth or seventh highest turnover in the league - so go figure that one out.

That's why we've had Habib Beye here for three whole years, now aged 35, picking up 40k a week. Thats why we bought Curtis Davies for 10 million pounds - think about it, ten million pounds - only to see him fail and be moved on to Blues for a pittance.

That's also why we're paying Emile Fucking Heskey 65,000 a week until he's 35, too.

You can kid yourself about "oh, it'l be different this time" but it will not be. When he left Celtic, they had the same problems. They were paying Bobo Balde the best part of 40k a week. In the SPL. Think about it.

I note also that you're needing to buy strikers this summer. Well, good luck for that. I remember us clamouring for a reliable scorer to get us into the top four. Martin went out and bought Harewood, then Heskey. At the time Darren Bent went to Sunderland for a measley £10m.

He'll almost certainly sign Kevin Doyle for you, and you'll have misgivings and convince yourself it's about what he does in a Sunderland shirt that matters, but good fucking luck with that, because O'Neill couldn't pick a striker to save his life.

Don't get me wrong, MON had us finishing sixth (as, however, did O'Leary, which puts it in context), he's not a bad manager at all. But I'll tell you this for nothing, he'll never get you finishing about 8th or so (which these days is the new sixth, as it's harder up the top than it used to be), for two reasons. Those reasons are that to make that extra jump, you need two things - you need to play the transfer market effectively, and you need to be tactically sound.

Those, by coincidence, are MON's two major weaknesses. I've already covered transfers, but about now you should be getting the general sense that although it's ace when his Plan A works (soak up pressure, counter attack, like an away team), he genuinely does not have a clue about where to start iwth having a Plan B.

In four years with us, I also genuinely can not remember one single instance when he made a substitution which changed a match, or changed the way we were set out to play. I suspect he's probably not changed much.

I bet, for example, if i look at your last fixture, he'll have made a change at around 75 minutes. I bet he's done that in almost all your games. Over the course of time, it'll be one player more than any he brings on (for us it was Sidwell, another execrable waste of money). For you, no idea who it'l be, but it'll happen, believe me.

Villa is run by very weak individuals, who let the club go into slide, and it was their own faults.

Are you for real?

Villa put too much trust in O'Neill. O'Neill's idea of a transfer policy is that you have no scouting network (genuinely, that's not an exaggeration, we didn't have any), and that you buy only from the home market.

He bought 30 odd players at Villa. The number who weren't playing already in the UK? Two. And one of those only happened because Lyon got on the blower and offered him to us.

MON will only work somewhere where he's the undisputed power - on and off the pitch. That's why Quinn has been shunted away. At Villa, MON worked with three chief executives - Richard FitzGerald, Michael Cunnah and Paul Faulkner.

The first two left because they found MON impossible to work with. the final one was the one who told him he had to do something about the wage bill. He refused, hoping he'd win again, only not to, as he was up against one of Lerner's closest advisors.

So what did he do? He threw his toys out of the pram and left, *five days* before the start of the season. That screwed up last season for us, and if you want an indicator of where his f***ing shameful transfer policy left us, look at the logic in buying an enitre defence in 2008-09 (Friedel. Shorey. Curtis Davies, Cuellar, Luke Young - who he could have had for 2m the year before, but waited and paid 5m for) then, deciding he didn't rate them almost immediately, going out the next season and buying ANOTHER entire defence (Beye, Warnock, Collins, Dunne).

You can point at Ashley Young and say he was a good signing (he was), and Milner was superb for us, but as he'd already spent a year with us before, that one was hardly earth shattering in terms of him scouting out a gem.

When he left, he left us with a wage bill that was 88% of our turnover, and at that point I think we had the sixth or seventh highest turnover in the league - so go figure that one out.

That's why we've had Habib Beye here for three whole years, now aged 35, picking up 40k a week. Thats why we bought Curtis Davies for 10 million pounds - think about it, ten million pounds - only to see him fail and be moved on to Blues for a pittance.

That's also why we're paying Emile f***ing Heskey 65,000 a week until he's 35, too.

You can kid yourself about "oh, it'l be different this time" but it will not be. When he left Celtic, they had the same problems. They were paying Bobo Balde the best part of 40k a week. In the SPL. Think about it.

I note also that you're needing to buy strikers this summer. Well, good luck for that. I remember us clamouring for a reliable scorer to get us into the top four. Martin went out and bought Harewood, then Heskey. At the time Darren Bent went to Sunderland for a measley £10m.

He'll almost certainly sign Kevin Doyle for you, and you'll have misgivings and convince yourself it's about what he does in a Sunderland shirt that matters, but good f***ing luck with that, because O'Neill couldn't pick a striker to save his life.

:clap:

Painful dose of reality there for Paxton.

Are you for real?

So what did he do? He threw his toys out of the pram and left, *five days* before the start of the season. That screwed up last season for us, and if you want an indicator of where his fucking shameful transfer policy left us, look at the logic in buying an enitre defence in 2008-09 (Friedel. Shorey. Curtis Davies, Cuellar, Luke Young - who he could have had for 2m the year before, but waited and paid 5m for) then, deciding he didn't rate them almost immediately, going out the next season and buying ANOTHER entire defence (Beye, Warnock, Collins, Dunne).

That's also why we're paying Emile Fucking Heskey 65,000 a week until he's 35, too.

He'll almost certainly sign Kevin Doyle for you, and you'll have misgivings and convince yourself it's about what he does in a Sunderland shirt that matters, but good fucking luck with that, because O'Neill couldn't pick a striker to save his life.

Don't get me wrong, MON had us finishing sixth (as, however, did O'Leary, which puts it in context), he's not a bad manager at all. But I'll tell you this for nothing, he'll never get you finishing about 8th or so (which these days is the new sixth, as it's harder up the top than it used to be), for two reasons. Those reasons are that to make that extra jump, you need two things - you need to play the transfer market effectively, and you need to be tactically sound.

Those, by coincidence, are MON's two major weaknesses. I've already covered transfers, but about now you should be getting the general sense that although it's ace when his Plan A works (soak up pressure, counter attack, like an away team), he genuinely does not have a clue about where to start iwth having a Plan B.

In four years with us, I also genuinely can not remember one single instance when he made a substitution which changed a match, or changed the way we were set out to play. I suspect he's probably not changed much.

I bet, for example, if i look at your last fixture, he'll have made a change at around 75 minutes. I bet he's done that in almost all your games. Over the course of time, it'll be one player more than any he brings on (for us it was Sidwell, another execrable waste of money). For you, no idea who it'l be, but it'll happen, believe me.

This is one of my favourite posts ever. Well done sir.

What was he really been muted for? The rules clearly state a 28 day ban for libel so its not that.

Best just to ignore these Mackems as soon as they make their first ludicrous post which doesn't usually take long.

Every Mackem joining the forum should be asked 2 questions-

1 What's our ground called?

2 Where is the airport located?

The answers will quickly identify their mindset and determine if they should be allowed in for a laugh or barred to avoid the usual, and predictable outcome we have with Paxton and before him Wireside.

76 - Substitution Sunderland: Vaughan in for Cattermole. (Last game vs Tottenham)

90 - Substitution Sunderland: David Vaughan in for Lee Cattermole. (vs Man City)

Cue a few games where Catts (for me like) is suspended

75 - Substitution Sunderland: Vaughan in for Campbell. (vs Liverpool 10th of March)

:lol:

Loved Brummies post. Had to read it twice.

76 - Substitution Sunderland: Vaughan in for Cattermole. (Last game vs Tottenham)

90 - Substitution Sunderland: David Vaughan in for Lee Cattermole. (vs Man City)

75 - Substitution Sunderland: Vaughan in for Campbell. (vs Liverpool 10th of March)

:lol: :lol:

Hurrah for brummie! I made a point of MON's spending to Paxton last night and he said it was Lerners fault.

Incidentally , pip should be taking some strong medication after some of the shite he's posted today. 

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

That's great :lol:

I think Brummie's my favourite poster on here like.

Brummie's post was magnificent, but this was worthy of note as well :thup:

Every Mackem joining the forum should be asked 2 questions-

1 What's our ground called?

2 Where is the airport located?

The answers will quickly identify their mindset and determine if they should be allowed in for a laugh or barred to avoid the usual, and predictable outcome we have with Paxton and before him Wireside.

haha- never saw that- thay should be asked and have the answers as their sig, just to keep them on a leash.

Mackems never last long on here, there's always a fucking feeding frenzy whenever they inevitably share a different opinion. He can stay banned for all I care, just an observation.

I preferred it when being a Mackem was enough reason to get someone banned from this forum. "Paxton" gets a disproportionate number of replies to all his posts purely because he is a Mackem. It's like flies on shit. I don't want to know the Mackem perspective on all things NUFC. It's turned the Tiote thread into pages of Cattermole talk.

In total agreement with these posts, never understand why people bother to respond to them at all, never mind in such vast quantities.