The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest neesy111

What a strange club.

Fully agree. But it’s obviously working for them to be fair. They’ll climb the table slowly and be fine imo.

True.

What's their goal, though? They're well established as a Premier League club now; poor season under that useless guy Mazzari but still finished well clear of relegation even then. Are they still just trying to stay up every year? Flores seems a weird one, he's not done much since he left - couple of mid-table finishes with Espanyol then China.

Needless to say I'd eat my own chin to have him in our dugout ahead of the slug we have currently.

Guest neesy111

Mazzari useless.  :rolleyes:

:dontknow: The fans didn't like him, by many accounts the players didn't like him, he refused to learn English and they lost like 20 times in the league. He wasn't great, like. :lol:

Just because a manager struggles in one job, doesn't make them useless.

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2019/september/190909-dcncstatement/

To everyone associated with Lincoln City Football Club, this without doubt, the hardest decision of our lives that Nicky and I have had to make. We know that many people may not understand but we feel the least we can do is offer you an explanation.

The past three and a half years have been so unbelievably special. It has simply been a fairy tale for Nicky and I. The way you as a community have taken us in and looked after us and our families has been just incredible. For that, we will be forever grateful.

The moments we have shared together… Winning the National League in our first season, reaching the quarter finals of the FA Cup as a Non-League team, going to Wembley for the first time in the club’s history and winning the Checkatrade Trophy, reaching the play-offs in our first season back in the football league and winning League 2 last year have all been incredibly special and created memories that will stay with all of us forever.

More than the trophies it has been the special relationships that we have created with so many people at all levels of the football club. Clive Nates you are just a special, special man. You are honest and have real integrity. Along with the board you have provided us with unconditional support from day dot. It cannot be underestimated how lucky Lincoln City is to have these people guiding the football club.

To Liam Scully, Ian McCallum and the rest of the office staff you have worked tirelessly day in, day out to drive the business side of the club and we simply would not have achieved this without you.

We have just the best football department. A staff that is so relentlessly hard working and player centred, that have helped to create a culture and environment that has consistently allowed the players to perform at their very best. They are so selfless in their work and it has been an absolute pleasure to work with them every single day.

The players have been simply outstanding. The four different groups that we have worked with have all shared similar qualities - humility, determination, resilience and a relentless work ethic. At times, Nicky and I have received the plaudits but I can tell you, the success has been down to the players. In football, it is always the players.

Lastly and certainly to this football club, most importantly, you the supporters. The success that we have achieved would not have been possible without your unconditional support. Never underestimate your role in this success. You have driven our energy and stood side by side with us when we have needed you. Some of our fondest moments would have been sharing the successes with you on the terraces.

Building the football infrastructure has been so important to us. We genuinely believe that we are leaving the club from the Academy upwards in a really strong position to achieve long term success.

So why leave, you ask…?

Nicky and I have a burning ambition to challenge ourselves at the highest possible level. We don’t know if an opportunity as good as this one will come around again and we never want to live with regret.

It has been the greatest privileges for Nicky and I, to manage Lincoln City FC. We will forever hold this football club in our hearts and with Concord Rangers FC it will always be the first result that we look for. We will never ever forget the support we have had and know that we would not be in this fortunate position without all of you.

Much love,

Danny & Nicky Cowley UTI

Not going to lie, that statement just oozes class. Compare that to Bruce and Wednesday.