Football podcasts

Gash

I've stopped listening to any others than Football Ramble and then World Football Phone In when I get the chance. The Guardian one started to grate on me quite a bit.

I enjoy the Guardian one. Barry Glendenning is a bit of a smug twat though; as well as a mackem.

Has anybody listened to the True Faith podcast? No fan of the Fanzine but I think the two that do the podcast are pretty sound. Only listened to the last couple and it's alreet.

Somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread. Sounds good enough to start listening to. I've got about five going right now, not sure I have enough time for another podcast.

Ramble has gone down massively these days, just too cliquey now.

I suppose it's expected when it's four fans rather than pundits, but they spend half the time on in-jokes.

Aye I can see what you mean. I'd imagine it's a strange one to get into if you're a first time listener anarl. Still, I much prefer it to all the others with smug journalists on.

Has anybody listened to the True Faith podcast? No fan of the Fanzine but I think the two that do the podcast are pretty sound. Only listened to the last couple and it's alreet.

Somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread. Sounds good enough to start listening to. I've got about five going right now, not sure I have enough time for another podcast.

I have plenty of time to fill with them.  :lol: Always look daft as fuck laughing out loud in public mind, Tuesday Club especially can have me pissing myself at times. Nowt as bad as the Ricky Gervais podcasts mind, genuinely couldn't listen to them in public.  :lol:

I actually find Glendenning quite funny.

Yeah I do too.

It's a rubbish podcast for Newcastle, even when trying to, but I think their european coverage is pretty great, though they won't stop going on about wolves frequently, which is odd. Their ripping into John Terry has been funny.

I listened to a couple last season and haven't bothered with it since. Was OK content wise but their banter wasn't for me. TFR, FW, TC, HoP & BBC Booted/MNC are my podcasts of choice.

Guest schmuck

Would heartily recommend the Red White & Blue podcast, it's like a less manic Football Ramble, really good. Just started listening to that and True Faith to go alongside TFR and World Football Phone In. Hours... wasted.

I have plenty of time to fill with them.  :lol: Always look daft as fuck laughing out loud in public mind, Tuesday Club especially can have me pissing myself at times. Nowt as bad as the Ricky Gervais podcasts mind, genuinely couldn't listen to them in public.  :lol:

Unfortunately, I know that exact feeling. :lol:

Listening to the latest "the game." Marcotti is a f***ing legend :lol:

Was so off putting initially listening to an American accent on a football podcast.

It's my favourite podcast by far, love Marcotti as a presenter. That Alison Rudd had some irritating things to say about the SJP renaming. Basically saying we should be grateful the stadium is being renamed instead of demolished or moved.

Honestly, she gets her back up over every single topic.  Fucking relax already, we don't give a fuck what you have to say.  She'd be better if she could take the intensity down a notch.

I suppose it's expected when it's four fans rather than pundits, but they spend half the time on in-jokes.

i think its almost the opposite, i reckon theyve become to serious...they used to make alot of jokes but its like something went off on them and suddenly its like "right, we need to be more serious and analytical"...i used to love the 10 minute sections talking about Torres being dreamy etc.

I've stopped listening to any others than Football Ramble and then World Football Phone In when I get the chance. The Guardian one started to grate on me quite a bit.

Aye, I used to listen to the Guardian and The Game but can't be arsed anymore.

I listen to Ramble, WFPI and Tuesday Club Arsenal podcast. Wish NUFC had a podcast as good as that.

Would love this to happen :thup:

anyone else find Dotun on World Football Phone In annoying as f***?

I personally think he's a good presenter, but can see why people don't like him. At least he's stopped singing now!

The thing is, the WFPI is only part of the 5-hour Up All Night programme (all of which he hosts by himself) so he has to be a versatile presenter. He does a good job imo. Though, if you Google him, I seem to be in the minority.  :hmm:

i think its almost the opposite, i reckon theyve become to serious...they used to make alot of jokes but its like something went off on them and suddenly its like "right, we need to be more serious and analytical"...i used to love the 10 minute sections talking about Torres being dreamy etc.

In fairness, they do cover the occasional bizarre stories which you don't hear on other podcasts, the Going for Glold part is usually quite fun, and I like the Hall of Fame segment, even though it's copied from Wikipedia every time.

However, if I hear "Paolo Maldini" or "X years before/after the summer of love" again... :(

anyone else find Dotun on World Football Phone In annoying as f***?

I personally think he's a good presenter, but can see why people don't like him. At least he's stopped singing now!

The thing is, the WFPI is only part of the 5-hour Up All Night programme (all of which he hosts by himself) so he has to be a versatile presenter. He does a good job imo. Though, if you Google him, I seem to be in the minority.  :hmm:

Fair enough.....he has his moments I suppose, perhaps less annoying than when I first started listening.

btw, just noticed the BBC site put up 3 WFPI podcasts back to back (I just assumed they were taking a break recently)...

Hand of Pod I'd assume? Argie football one. Never tried it.

:thup: I'd only recommend if you had a decent interest, I've learned loads from it like. The Copa America previews were superb though.

WFPI is let down by its callers (as has been mentioned before repeatedly) more than it's host especially when it has Brassell and Vickery who are so knowledgeable and get their point across so well it's ridiculous.

Guest Heneage

Hand of Pod I'd assume? Argie football one. Never tried it.

:thup: I'd only recommend if you had a decent interest, I've learned loads from it like. The Copa America previews were superb though.

WFPI is let down by its callers (as has been mentioned before repeatedly) more than it's host especially when it has Brassell and Vickery who are so knowledgeable and get their point across so well it's ridiculous.

The premise of WFPI is great, as you rightly say though it's let down by a poor range of questions and the host. I appreciate Dotun isn't a sports presenter, but the episode I was listening to last night he wasted a good 5 minutes going on about his boss and singing.

I know it's the graveyard shift but for me something with Mark Chapman would be much better, I love him on booted. He acts like he knows little to nothing on the subject and really listens to the guests answers.