On this day...

Tooj

I was sadly hoping we went down that day, all it did was save it for another year. Ironic it ws Jonas who saved the day given how appealing th lib had treat him towards the end.

p*ssed at this hour?

Nah, this is at the time AO was prominent and I just wanted us to crash and burn to get the fat c*** out.

I was referring to the bit in bold!

Guest Howaythetoon

I was sadly hoping we went down that day, all it did was save it for another year. Ironic it ws Jonas who saved the day given how appealing th lib had treat him towards the end.

p*ssed at this hour?

Nah, this is at the time AO was prominent and I just wanted us to crash and burn to get the fat c*** out.

Ha ha I didn’t see that, it’s my iPad, the screen needs replaced or something.

I was referring to the bit in bold!

• 2 weeks later...

Signed Viduka eleven years ago today. :lol:

That's actually  crazy !!!! Seems like 5 years ago ... I remember  this was probably the most excited  I ever was for a pre season... I remember  I was buzzing when we signed  viduka ... remember  just before  the season  started reading in one of the papers terry venables  saying we where genuine title challengers  :lol: remember  not being able to sleep the night before the opening game of the season against  Bolton lol was only  13 though  so I can be forgiven  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

That was one of the most devastatingly dominant displays of football from one team I’ve ever seen, they literally took Brazil apart because on that day every move, touch, pass, run and finish was simply of the highest standard or just too good. It’s rare for a team to just click like that and blow away esteemed opposition.

England have dished out a 4-1 and 5-1 to Holland and Germany in the past, but not in such a dominating and dismissive way. That German team on that day was near perfect with all the right kind of blends and talent. Such a joy and even now watching highlights you are left thinking wow.

That was the day for me Brazil stopped being Brazil and it will take them a long long time to recover. The benchmark was set that match at this level and for Germany too.

• 2 months later...