The Roeder Question.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

While today was poor we have Middlesborough, Charlton and Sheffield United in our next 3 games, if we can win atleast 2 of them then I'm fine with Roeder carrying on as I truly believe he'll come good in the end.

Good God! I thought you were joking in your other posts.  :lol:

What on earth in Roeder's career gives you any basis for that belief?

Guest The Fox

Our understrength squad will be stretched. The injuries will resurface and as the yellow cards mount, suspensions will occur.

We do not have a large enough quality squad for this campaign.

Mind you we've got Dyer to return :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you believe Roeder will come good, there's a fair chance you believe in Santa Claus. bluesigh.gif bluesigh.gif bluesigh.gif

While today was poor we have Middlesborough, Charlton and Sheffield United in our next 3 games, if we can win atleast 2 of them then I'm fine with Roeder carrying on as I truly believe he'll come good in the end.

Good God! I thought you were joking in your other posts. :lol:

What on earth in Roeder's career gives you any basis for that belief?

I was thinking the same thing - given not only his past career but the performances and results this season there is absolutely no basis for believing we will get those wins other than blind hope!

Jan window, see how it is going.  Do not understand why he does not play Rossi.  He scored 43 goals in 42 games.  Realise that they are lesser ones, but why get him if he does not intend to use him.  Does he think he is right all the time.  Being beaten by Bolton is one thing, everytime they go forward they look like they will score is another.

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

are you for fucking real ! if thats the best we can hope for then I'll slit my fucking throat.

I'll give him a little while longer, but if things don't improve I'm afraid he's going to have to go sooner rather than later.

He wasn't my choice, but as time went on last season, it became fairly clear he was going to be given the job, and when he was, my feelings were, OK he wasn't who I wanted, but on the job he did he deserved the chance and I decided that I'd support him. But things just aren't working, and although I want and hope things will turn around, it has to happen soon, otherwise we're going to be in real trouble.

As a person, I like him, and I don't want things to turn nasty towards him. He does at least care about the club and is a genuine bloke, unlike that nasty piece of work Souness. However, nice bloke or not, if he can't get the results, he has to go. We can't afford to be added to his 7th place and then relegated list.

Guest Kenton Magpie

He's had too long, he's had the whole summer to strengthen the squad and my God didnt he do that great, we havent produced a good display at home this season and our form away is just as poor barring West Ham, time do to and when he does FS can piss off in arl!

I was a fairly strong supporter of Roeder, a combination of his good caretaker form and the sure and certain knowledge that we wouldn't be able to attract a better candidate (based on the debacle after SBR's sacking.)

I supported him through a bad transfer period, doubts only rising in the last week or two of the window as he continued to fail to strenthen the squad.

But I have to say it's not so much the lack of strengthening that is doing my head in now, but the truly shite football we are playing. For the first half hour yesterday we played like a real football team, on the deck, reasonably paced rathen than kick and rush, good movement - I was thinking it's the best football I've seen us play this season.

But then Bolton switched on and started playing, we panicked and never looked like holding onto our lead. When Diouf got his double, was there a single fan watching who thought we could come back from there?

As thin and lacking in quality as our squad is, a good manager can inspire his players, and make the team greater than the sum of its parts. Roeder can't do that, simple as that.