Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

I see professionalism has gone completely out the window

What happened?

Did the vid get removed? He was out on the lash for freshers week (first year uni students) and took a lass back to his, and she snap chatted the whole thing. Don’t really care about the girl but why is he going out getting smashed this early into the season? Rafa would have bollocked him and dropped him

Not sure that's completely true like. I was over for a game in the championship season and saw Shelvey, Clark and Daryl Murphy out on a Sunday after a game

Were they out getting wrecked? I just don't think its very professional for a 28 year old footballer to be out with a bunch of 18 year olds getting smashed when we are in the s*** this season. Nolan, Barton did it the season we went down.

Paul Dummett being 28 is amazing :lol: Feels like he's about 24. It's a bit creepy more than anything else to be trying to pull an 18 year old at that age. I don't think Dummett would be near the Premier League if he wasn't a great professional and Rafa's comments on the previous page back that up.

He's 27 my bad, but yeah I agree. That's what surprised me though, I've never doubted him as a pro, doesn't get himself in bother, that's why it was really strange. I'm not saying they shouldn't have a social life, but going out with a bunch of  freshers and getting smashed to the point your asleep on the floor shouldn't really happen. Wouldn't expect him from him and he's extra stupid for not thinking a girl is going to snapchat the whole thing

He's 28 tomorrow so you were basically right

He's 27 my bad, but yeah I agree. That's what surprised me though, I've never doubted him as a pro, doesn't get himself in bother, that's why it was really strange. I'm not saying they shouldn't have a social life, but going out with a bunch of  freshers and getting smashed to the point your asleep on the floor shouldn't really happen. Wouldn't expect him from him and he's extra stupid for not thinking a girl is going to snapchat the whole thing

Until he's 28, he's 27

Until he's 28, he's 27

He's a lot nearer to 28 than he is to 27. That's a fact.

Until he's 28, he's 27

He's a lot nearer to 28 than he is to 27. That's a fact.

This makes no sense. :lol:

It is incredibly reckless for anyone with a profile to act this way in an era where young girls are recording everything from the moment they rise in the morning. Professionalism regarding drink will always be an issue, especially with the culture of it in England and other countries, but it is just as important to uphold the image of the club. Dummett is a senior player, who is one of the longest serving members of the squad and a local boy as well. This should not be the image he presents. There are ways to enjoy the female fruits of labour without exposing yourself to this.

“Hopefully we can get a sold out stadium [against Manchester United} because at the moment we haven’t had the sell-outs that we would like.

“When we have got our fans there supporting us the way they can, it makes it even harder for the opposition.

“The more we try and dwell on the fact that we put a bad performance in [at Leicester], it will stick in our heads and the confidence might not be there.

“We need to try to forget about it, to work hard on the training ground and make sure we put it right.

“We collapsed in the second half and that is one thing as a team, with the players that we have, we have never really done that in the past few seasons.

“We have never collapsed and given away the goals that we gave away.

“That is one thing the manager [Head Coach Steve Bruce] wanted to address, I think as a team we knew it wasn’t acceptable.

“That is one thing that can’t happen again.

“This team has been successful on working hard as a team and sticking together to get results.

“Obviously the manager has changed….but we all still know what we have to do on the pitch.

“We train every day with the manager on different ideas but we all know exactly what our jobs are on the pitch.

“The performance against Leicester wasn’t that we didn’t know our jobs.

“We didn’t put the performance in and collapsed, like the manager said, we surrendered.

“Even when it was 5-0 they [Newcastle fans] were still singing right throughout, travelling the distance they travelled and the money they would have spent, the performance we put in was not acceptable.

“No matter what team you play for, getting beat 5-0 is a tough one to take.

“There were a lot of things said between ourselves in the dressing room and a lot said in the press and the media, we have got to accept the criticism because everyone involved in that game knew it wasn’t good enough.

“We have been in tough situations before throughout our time in the Premier League and we have overcome those hurdles, we’re doing our best to make sure we stick together and overcome those again.

“We will be working hard on the training ground to make sure we can try and put the performance right against Manchester United.

“Hopefully for us there might be a few tired legs [for Man Utd after playing AZ Alkmaar on Thursday night).

“It is never easy playing so many games in a week but we know they have got quality throughout the team.

“They have not had a great start but they have quality players in every position, we know they are going to be dangerous no matter what team they put on the pitch, no matter what games they have played.”

“There were a lot of things said between ourselves in the dressing room and a lot said in the press and the media, we have got to accept the criticism because everyone involved in that game knew it wasn’t good enough."

I don't know what was said in the dressing room, but if there was a lot said in the media, I must have missed it. I haven't watched MOTD or any other similar shows though, could be there was some savage criticism of the manager and players on there. Generally the papers have just been full of the usual vague stuff like "Newcastle were poor".

You'd think a local boy would understand things better than this. But no.

Look at it from his POV though. He's at as big a club as he's likely to get, under a more ambitious set up he'd probably have been sold to a club where you could only dream to get 50k crowds.

He's the player version of Charnley and Bruce, not going to complain because he's sitting pretty.

All he's really saying is that the team generally plays better with a full stadium, which is true.

Until he goes full retard and starts name dropping Ashley then there's nothing to see here beyond standard player shite speak.

All he's really saying is that the team generally plays better with a full stadium, which is true.

Until he goes full retard and starts name dropping Ashley then there's nothing to see here beyond standard player shite speak.

The stadium is mostly full though. Far more full than some other teams who put on much better performances.

The reality is, if it's not the organisation, or the manager's fault, then the players have shown they have no heart or fight. Either way it's not good.

Nah, not when previously die-hard fans have very good reasons for staying away.  He's either fucking stupid or a prick, take your pick.

Compare that drivel to Haydens interview after Brighton saying that he obviosuly would like a full stadium, but that he knows they got the fans support regardless of whether they are attending or not due to their own reasons which is beyond the players control.

The players can't come out and the slag the club off, but they could make a right piss-take of a statement that would keep them on the right side of their contractual obligations.

Dumment continued, "I'm sure Rafa couldn't get Hull to a cup final. I'm sure Steve couldn't win The Cham... Actually, he could do that. Probably what spurred Rafa on."