Southampton 2-0 Newcastle United - 06/11/2020 - post match from pg18

Disco

To be honest, I was unmoved when the two goals went in and I am unmoved now.    Theres no point getting upset,  MA won't sack Bruce, Bruce can't change and we are destined for mid table to regulation places.  It won't change unless someone buys MA out.

The club is a shell and the only echo you hear is the fans cry of anguish but even that is diminishing into a shrug!

I've held out hopes that the emergence of the Longstaffs might raise us to a better level, but that confidence took a bit of a knock last night. Sean got caught in possession a bit too much. Matty seems to have shed a few pounds, but didn't look up for it at all. Still, that's just one game.

If we're going to press higher up, we need to be more committed. We were running up to opponents and then stopping about five yards away, just in case we got beaten. The whole point - I think - is to be fully committed so that the opponent has to release the ball. It can only work if the pressing is done with the confidence that other players are pressing as well and ready to pounce on a pass that has been hastily delivered. We seemed to be pressing as individuals and not as a team.

That's because Bruce doesn't actually know how to implement his 'tactics'

If he wants us to play a possession game the instructions will be " let's pass it around a bit lads" :bruce:

If he thinks that's costing us too many goals and he wants to go more direct it it will be

" let's not take chances lads, get the ball into row Z and let's see them try to score from there."  :bruce:

To be honest, I was unmoved when the two goals went in and I am unmoved now.    Theres no point getting upset,  MA won't sack Bruce, Bruce can't change and we are destined for mid table to regulation places.  It won't change unless someone buys MA out.

The club is a shell and the only echo you hear is the fans cry of anguish but even that is diminishing into a shrug!

100% this,I used to be quite animated watching the match but honestly i don’t bat an eyelid at a goal for or against.

The amount of people coming out in support of Bruce after this result and display is fucking sickening. Just seen Pulis having his say.

Obviously it's all us fans' fault we play fucking shite week in week out. We should be happy with where we are, how dare we complain.

Definitely an agenda against us like.

The amount of people coming out in support of Bruce after this result and display is fucking sickening. Just seen Pulis having his say.

Obviously it's all us fans' fault we play fucking shite week in week out. We should be happy with where we are, how dare we complain.

Definitely an agenda against us like.

Pulis :lol:

I think I said on here last night that on the radio last night, he was bigging up Jay Rodriguez because he was about to come on and "run around a lot"