England

Yorkie

Put in Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell and David Seaman and this team wins the World Cup.

There lies the problem.

putting aside the nuances of those individual players we completely lack a player that can dictate a game at the highest level in an attacking sense, we have my entire life and nothing is different now

none of those players would change that

we have some good attacking players but no one of the highest level pulling the strings, until we have one of them we'll win fuck all unless we get very lucky

I mean Sterling has got to be one of the top 5 attacking players in world football, but I guess that depends on what you mean by 'dictating' games, really. I do think though, that this is the first England team in my lifetime that's actually underrated.

i think that's debateable but he's obviously very good and i've always been a fan of his

when it comes to the crunch england are too easy to shut down, sit deep and stifle the wide attacking players also crowding kane out - when you come up against that you need a player than can do something different and open teams up with the ball and i don't think we have it

sure strerling or sancho might skin a player with a bit of skill or whatever but that's a shot in the dark and not an overall plan about how to play, imo - i reckon we need an ACM that can pull the strings and utilise the pace and quality we have up front when it counts, it's no good dicking loads of shite teams and fucking it up when it counts

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s not like other teams aren’t without their issues, flaws and selection problems. There is no outstanding national side at the moment and England are as strong as any, certainly in attack.

It’s not like other teams aren’t without their issues, flaws and selection problems. There is no outstanding national side at the moment and England are as strong as any, certainly in attack.

Hard to argue against that with regard to the Euro's. France, Belgium, England are my top contenders. (More than obvious from the Group stages, but there's always an outlier or two that finds form during the tournament)

Generally excited for England in this, easily the best team since the 90's, early 00's.

sterling/sancho are of the same ilk imo, pacy dangerous wide forwards but they don't run games at the top level

maddison could be the one we're looking for but he'll probably need to leave leicester soon and get some proper CL experience

Think Foden needs a chance to see how he does. Not sure he’s ‘the one’ but I’d like to find out either way.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hard to argue against that with regard to the Euro's. France, Belgium, England are my top contenders. (More than obvious from the Group stages, but there's always an outlier or two that finds form during the tournament)

Generally excited for England in this, easily the best team since the 90's, early 00's.

Aye, this is the most excited I’ve been following England, I’m genuinely back to being a big fan and loving watching them.

Guest Howaythetoon

sterling/sancho are of the same ilk imo, pacy dangerous wide forwards but they don't run games at the top level

maddison could be the one we're looking for but he'll probably need to leave leicester soon and get some proper CL experience

Think Foden needs a chance to see how he does. Not sure he’s ‘the one’ but I’d like to find out either way.

We need creativity in there without a doubt, can’t hurt to give him a go, he needs to move for me and be playing every week. Look at Maddison who I’m not convinced is a top player, but he’s creative and a better option in there than most.