Joelinton

Stifler

Given the state of the club at the minute, i wouldn't be surprised to hear a transcript like this...

Charnley..."We're getting massive pressure and reputation for being tightwad scroungers which we can't hide in the accounts anymore. Go find someone we can spend a record fee on"

Nixon "but no-one on our lists is worth it if we have to pay a salary  too"

Charnley "just get a headline player we can say we spent real money on. doesn't matter if they're any good"

Nixon "Won't that just get us more criticism?"

Charnley " Dont worry about that...we can just say we spent a record fee"

Nixon "ok i've got one. A lad called Joelinton, I'm good mates with his agent, and could probably get him for 22M...and that's more than he's worth"

Charnley "Do it"

Nixon "The agent wants a 10M cut to make it happen"

Charnley " Go ahead, makes us look like we're trying"

After the restart and we went to the 4-2-3-1, he played upfront and scored and then the next game he played upfront well again getting the one defender sent off.

Why after this has he then been used on the left and not started upfront in the 4-2-3-1?

We played Sheff United first. That was the red card and goal he got. Then we played Villa.

Ah, yes. You're correct. So any reason why he hasn't been allowed to build ont hat showing against Sheff United?

He hasn't really played upfront much in this changed setup has he? I don't get it.

Now Gayle has come in and looked good, so why not see how they look as a partnership as I mentioned? Southampton have looked great recently playing with two upfront.

Bruce is a farce man. Got no time for the guy.

What formation do we play with 2 up front? 4-4-2?

Yeah, sure. We have nothing to play for why not give it a look, with Miggy on the left and ASM on the right.

Bruce signed off on the Joelinton transfer and was out there lauding it and praising the club for the deal. The onus is on him to be trying everything to make use of the guy and figure things out.

The guy has looked shocking so far, but at the same time I cannot say that Bruce has done enough to figure things out. The majority of the season he was upfront alone 50 yards away from the rest of the team.

The whole thing is an absolute joke. Take ASM out of this team and nothing works. He is the one player that is able to shine despite Bruce.

Clearly the only way that ASM's agent would agree to him signing was if we bought Joelinton too.

What...

Same agent?

:lol: It would be just like this club to finally throw away £40m on a player and it to turn out is was only a favour to get a £16m bargain over the line.

Ah well, ASM is probably worth 40m now and we'd probs get 16m for Joelinton from some sucker back in Europe, so no harm done.

:lol:

The wages Joelinton will be on means NUFC will never get him off the books unless he'd be willing to take a massive wage drop. Only Premier League clubs and the elite of Europe would be able to afford his wages (and none of them would be coming in for Joelinton).

Ah well, ASM is probably worth 40m now and we'd probs get 16m for Joelinton from some sucker back in Europe, so no harm done.

:lol:

The wages Joelinton will be on means NUFC will never get him off the books unless he'd be willing to take a massive wage drop. Only Premier League clubs and the elite of Europe would be able to afford his wages (and none of them would be coming in for Joelinton).

I don’t know that it follows we gave him a huge wage just because we paid a huge fee. He could be on something comparatively modest - which would still be a big pay rise for a no-mark Brazilian from mid-table Bundesliga.

Who's going to buy him? He doesn't even have a decent record in Germany, which makes it even more weird that we spent a fortune on someone that unremarkable.

I'd like to see him played in his proper position, i.e on the left of a front three before completely assigning him to the bin. There are ever so slight flashes of raw ability, namely pace and strength. He's not in a million years a centre forward though.

He was played up front and failed miserably.  Since then Facelicker has played him in various positions where lack of footballing skills aren't exposed.  He will never improve under Facelickers guidance and would learn more by being on the bench or watching videos of top players

Clearly the only way that ASM's agent would agree to him signing was if we bought Joelinton too.

What...

Same agent?

:lol: It would be just like this club to finally throw away £40m on a player and it to turn out is was only a favour to get a £16m bargain over the line.

Well if we've actually paid anywhere near that amount it can only have been as a favour surely.

It certainly wasn't based on footballing value.

I doubt we've actually parted with more than £16 million for him.

Solid 3/10 first season, but Good news is it can’t get any worse.  :lol:

I’d stick with him as a squad player, take AC place on the bench. Who know he might start finding the goal with pressure off him,

Solid 3/10 first season, but Good news is it can’t get any worse:lol:

I’d stick with him as a squad player, take AC place on the bench. Who know he might start finding the goal with pressure off him,

I'm pretty sure a 2/10 or a 1/10 season would be worse, no?

He’s not going to get chance to deliver that. If it starts he’ll end Up canned, sold or loaned out. I can’t even think of a player who has played and delivered a 1/10 season for us, or anyone really.

He’s not going to get chance to deliver that. If it starts he’ll end Up canned, sold or loaned out. I can’t even think of a player who has played and delivered a 1/10 season for us, or anyone really.

Olivier Bernard the second coming

• 3 weeks later...